Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Herr's Old Bay Chips- the only crab seasoning chip that uses real Old Bay seasoning.

Sheets Garbage Can Cookies- these were cookies with everything they put in their other cookies: marshmallows, pretzel bits, chocolate chips, the works. They discontinued them, which is probably good, because I have no will power against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Last time I went into a CVS pharmacy they had all these weird gimmick M&M flavors that I've been unable to find anyplace else. I smell a conspiracy!

Aright that's my junk food story thanks for reading

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
A colleague once brought in some sweets from Russia, and one of the candies was a lot like a softer Twix bar with less sugar in it. It was not a Twix, yet I cannot remember the name. If anyone has any ideas with regards to imported candy brands, I am all ears. Bar itself was about 3/4 - 1" in length.

Zombear
Dec 4, 2007
Catchphrase!
Peanut butter filled pretzels. They will be my undoing. Also, the Paqui brand ghost pepper chips are incredible.

manderson
Aug 12, 2005

Human Extraordinaire

these godforsaken things. Im so sour I cant find them anymore :(

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

value-brand cereal posted:

Haw flakes. Which apparently contain a dye that isn't good for you but whatever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haw_flakes

The first disc tastes gross, imo, but the ones that follow are delicious.

I used to just demolish the entire stack at once as a kid, I'd still do it now if I had some.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Loved these in India. :allears:

Also these and salt & vinegar chips:

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gardetto-s-Snack-Mix-Special-Request-Roasted-Garlic-Rye-Chips-8-oz/12442929

its the best part of snack mixes without all the pretzels and chex and bullshit

Double Deux
Oct 30, 2010
Takis are and will forever be my favorite chip. Bury me in takis.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

kneel before the god of snack mixes

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
+1 more for ketchup chips.

you will never catch doritos or cheetos dust on these hands, but these? worth it.

Space Wizard
Aug 31, 2012

These were extremely my poo poo when I was a kid. You're in fifth grade, you check your pack at lunch, and yes. They're definitely something that I miss here in Canada. :smith:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

1/3 saturated fat by weight :randstare:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Re: Salt & vinegar chips -

Love me some kettle chips. :discourse:

E: pretty much any Zapp's or Uts or Herr's chips are really good too:

E2: not exactly junk food, but Sweet Baby Ray's is basically the best commercially available barbecue sauce out there:

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 06:08 on Apr 23, 2018

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
I'm one of the six people on Earth who actually likes Circus Peanuts, hello.

PubicMice has a new favorite as of 09:00 on Apr 25, 2018

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

I'm a garbage person so I love me some mega fries, commonly sold at mom&pop pizza places in Philadelphia and the surrounding area.

Fries, mozzarella, cheese whiz, and bacon. Sometimes comes with a side of ranch. Some places add more mozzarella than others and if those fries aren't a single mass held together by mozzarella you need to order from a different place.. Fatty, high calories, great when drinking. This is why this city is fat.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Lonely Virgil posted:

I'm a garbage person so I love me some mega fries, commonly sold at mom&pop pizza places in Philadelphia and the surrounding area.

Fries, mozzarella, cheese whiz, and bacon. Sometimes comes with a side of ranch. Some places add more mozzarella than others and if those fries aren't a single mass held together by mozzarella you need to order from a different place.. Fatty, high calories, great when drinking. This is why this city is fat.

There was a pizza place in Baltimore (part of a chain, Seasons, I think it's called) that has pretty much identical fries. My favorite drunk food for a long was getting Crazy Fries (same thing) and throwing boneless buffalo wings and blue cheese on top. loving hell, I miss that poo poo.

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here

And pickled sausage from the same brand. I'm kind of surprised I don't have a million ulcers by now.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Good soup! posted:

kneel before the god of snack mixes

This reminds me of the most hateful, vile and straight up confusing snack I've ever tried: A bag of snack mix a friend brought back from his trip to Bolivia. It was some straight up indescribable Lovecraft poo poo. Salt was the only recognizable flavor although there wasn't nearly as much of it as you'd expect. The rest of it tasted like nothing I could name.

They also brought back a jug of 99% booze which was the worst thing I've ever drunk. All this leaves me to believe that there's something seriously wrong with Bolivia.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

PubicMice posted:

I'm the only person I know who like the citrus flavors of anything: Starburst, Skittles, jelly beans, you name it. If it's lemon, lime, or orange, I'm all over it. Pissed me off a right much when Skittles changed the green from lime to apple and then had the nerve to label the bags as "original" Skittles.

I'm also the freak that likes the lemon, lime, and orange Tootsie Rolls.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 14:39 on Apr 25, 2018

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

PubicMice posted:

I love the shape and texture of these things, and if someone would make them in a flavor that is actually good, I'd probably never stop eating them.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

PubicMice posted:

i like these along with those chalky valentines candy hearts that everyone seems to hate

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
This is the best thing.

Dulce de leche + chocolate + cookies = diabetes

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I'm the only person I know who like the citrus flavors of anything: Starburst, Skittles, jelly beans, you name it. If it's lemon, lime, or orange, I'm all over it. Pissed me off a right much when Skittles changed the green from lime to apple and then had the nerve to label the bags as "original" Skittles.

I'm also the freak that likes the lemon, lime, and orange Tootsie Rolls.

This is how I feel about Jolly Ranchers, blue raspberry is a poor substitute for lemon and orange. The gummies still have those flavors and are superior. Some of the best gummy candies around.

bulletsponge13 posted:

There was a pizza place in Baltimore (part of a chain, Seasons, I think it's called) that has pretty much identical fries. My favorite drunk food for a long was getting Crazy Fries (same thing) and throwing boneless buffalo wings and blue cheese on top. loving hell, I miss that poo poo.
Buffalo fries are also a common thing made with finely chopped chicken used in chicken cheesesteaks and buffalo sauce instead of bacon and cheese whiz. Usually the sauce is Frank's Red Hot based.

Lonely Virgil has a new favorite as of 19:07 on Apr 25, 2018

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

PubicMice posted:

ASenileAnimal posted:

i like these along with those chalky valentines candy hearts that everyone seems to hate

ohhhh i <3 these so so much.... I adore Circus peanuts and the conversation hearts :)

And peeps... god i LOVE peeps.

I'm so sorry :(

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

There's a local place that does bacon cheese fries with hand-cut potatoes and cheddar and mozzarella and it's my bad day at work go-to.

I don't find them very often but every time I find them I have to buy a bag.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I loving love pickles, especially pickled peppers and eggs. I'll destroy a jar of pickled eggs that are nice and spicy.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Years ago I went hosteling through the UK and the candy bars were so good I mailed some back home to my family. American chocolate IS poo poo.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Lonely Virgil posted:

Close! But:

As long as I'm here, though. I was in North Dakota once, and a guy I knew took me to an Asian import store, and they had this stuff there that had peanuts and little hickory stick style chip things in it, and it was enjoyably spicy. I have never been able to find them since. Anyone have any idea what I am talking about? It had a majority black bag.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I don't eat a lot of chips but these are very good

I

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Close! But:

As long as I'm here, though. I was in North Dakota once, and a guy I knew took me to an Asian import store, and they had this stuff there that had peanuts and little hickory stick style chip things in it, and it was enjoyably spicy. I have never been able to find them since. Anyone have any idea what I am talking about? It had a majority black bag.

Not where I can access imgur right now but Google "Asian mix snack" if you mean the one that looks like Chex mix but with sesame sticks and stuff in it. You can find it in Dollar Tree most days if you don't have an Asian grocery nearby.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Stairs posted:

Not where I can access imgur right now but Google "Asian mix snack" if you mean the one that looks like Chex mix but with sesame sticks and stuff in it. You can find it in Dollar Tree most days if you don't have an Asian grocery nearby.

Afraid that isn't it. It had only the peanuts and potato sticks, and I am pretty sure they were just potato chips. They looked exactly like hickory sticks.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Afraid that isn't it. It had only the peanuts and potato sticks, and I am pretty sure they were just potato chips. They looked exactly like hickory sticks.

Kaki no Tane?
I hope I'm right, I want you to find them because everyone deserves snacks.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I'll start: I prefer chocolate chips to raisins in oatmeal cookies,

MODS???

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

and nuts don't belong anywhere near baked goods at all (possible exception: pecan pie, since it has the word "pecan" in its name).

Oh...... okay nevermind, you’re cool. :)

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Stairs posted:

Kaki no Tane?
I hope I'm right, I want you to find them because everyone deserves snacks.

Nah, that's not it.

Also, I just discovered that Hickory Sticks are a Canada only thing. They're actually really good too, as long as you eat them exactly one at a time. Once you start eating them in bunches, they become unpleasant. It's weird. They're smoke flavoured potato sticks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Show me a person that eats Andy Capp’s Hot Fries, and I’ll show you a person that fucks.

I. M. Gei has a new favorite as of 21:27 on Apr 26, 2018

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Also someone who understands Imgur since it turned into poo poo, please tell me why this image doesn’t work, because it’s driving me insane and the PYF Junk Food thread is supposed to be for good times not for going insane.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Also someone who understands Imgur since it turned into poo poo, please tell me why this image doesn’t work, because it’s driving me insane and the PYF Junk Food thread is supposed to be for good times not for going insane.

You mean like this?

This was what the image was originally tagged as in your post, and to be fair, it will take you to that image if you click on it.
https://imgur.com/a/o0cAZ7A

But THIS is the actual image address:
https://i.imgur.com/k1WcvmP.jpg

You can see they're different addresses, but I can't tell you why that happened.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Does anyone else absolutely love stroopwafels? They're basically flat waffles, cut in half horizontally and then spiced sugar syrup is sandwiched between the two halves. A good stroopwafel is essentially butter, eggs, syrup, and just enough flour to hold it all together. Holy crap they are delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

https://imgur.com/a/o0cAZ7A
it's not working because you left the file extension off

• Locked thread