Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
smooth tentacles? gtfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
smooth tentacles remind me too much about other mens dicks which I can't stop thinking about for some reason, please keep tentacles natural and monster-ish

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I just read a few days worth of r/hydrohomies and can someone tell me if I'm missing something? Is it really just redditors turning one of the most basic vertebrate behaviors into something loving obnoxious?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I just read a few days worth of r/hydrohomies and can someone tell me if I'm missing something? Is it really just redditors turning one of the most basic vertebrate behaviors into something loving obnoxious?

pretty much. the whole thing is more or less just a bunch of in-grouping that revolves around celebrating off-putting behavior. another one of those banal on-ramps to the radicalization highway

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

just don’t look up the original name like I did

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Smirking_Serpent posted:

just don’t look up the original name like I did

Well of course I'm going to now
:stare:

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Lol reddit thread just went through a full reddit good/reddit bad cycle in like two pages

I truly believe we can tighten this up to 2, maybe 3 posts, tops.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Reddit season

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Kevin Bacon posted:

Reddit season

Digg season

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Reddit season

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

voat season!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

Lol reddit thread just went through a full reddit good/reddit bad cycle in like two pages

I truly believe we can tighten this up to 2, maybe 3 posts, tops.

I can do it one post BOB!

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Even with subs like deadn*****rjailbait coming to light

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Why does every fuckin reddit that's not extremely niche have to be complete drama bait? You can't have a suggested posts feed outside the ones you follow that isn't complete garbage full of people bringing their personal grievances or stupid opinions for everyone to post their own stupid opinions about.

Also, the "because you visited a similar community" algorithm is poo poo. Why the gently caress is r/tylertx being pushed on be because I checked r/kansascity? I've cycled through muting probably 60 r/[city] because I check in on maybe 3 relevant towns from time to time.

Reddit has some great sources of information but the problem is you have to go to reddit and deal with redditors for it.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Aside from the not great history of the name I gotta defend the water worship. Well past the 8-eights a day, way past what you'd drink left to your own devices... there's a water nirvana that few experience.

Maybe it's just water intox but I have way more energy and less health complaints when I drink a lot of water and I notice other people who had to live in the desert have stayed true to the faith, also the gym has many enlightened bros despite the heretical decrees of Planet Fitness on the matter of gallon jugs.

My wife recently got put on meds where she needs to drink more water and she admits once she was blind but now she can see the truth.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The why is because it's a bad website system. Posts are made visible only temporarily and based upon a literal popularity contest within some arbitrary time frame. Worse, they make votes a tallied metric people can accumulate. The end result is that subs need a constant churn of posts, especially when there's nothing worthwhile going on in the subject. The more people on a sub the faster it happens, so all subs inevitably trend towards being reddit lovely.

Rigorous moderation can help slow things down, but it's a bigger job unpaid and actively hated by many vocal users magnified by size of sub, which invariably attracts weirdoes who enjoy the power so much they don't care about doing free work as long as they get some control of the places.

The whole voting system is also counter productive because no rhyme or reason for votes can possibly be enforced. The saddest subs try to act like there are rules and guidelines to how and when to vote up or down but it's ineffective nonsense too to bottom, the system affords no consideration for the why of a vote.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i also like how auto/robo mods always posts some intro trash or a warning, but then the next posters ignore it because the autopost was largely irrelevant and n/a

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Internet Old One posted:

Aside from the not great history of the name I gotta defend the water worship. Well past the 8-eights a day, way past what you'd drink left to your own devices... there's a water nirvana that few experience.

Maybe it's just water intox but I have way more energy and less health complaints when I drink a lot of water and I notice other people who had to live in the desert have stayed true to the faith, also the gym has many enlightened bros despite the heretical decrees of Planet Fitness on the matter of gallon jugs.

My wife recently got put on meds where she needs to drink more water and she admits once she was blind but now she can see the truth.

another poster lost to the madness of stanley cups

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Internet Old One posted:

What a story Mark, ha ha!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Internet Old One posted:

Holy poo poo.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

water sucks

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I just love posting “Hydro Homies” on anything water related so I can signal to my Hydros it’s time to reminisce the old name and the racial unity that was coming from it.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

gently caress water!!!

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

TrashMammal posted:

another poster lost to the madness of stanley cups

I see the infidels and the blasphemers with their dark urine and sweat stained undergarments. They mock me because I am right, I do not get mad because I pity them.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go to the restroom.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

You mean virgin gin?

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Lol don't be weird about drinking water

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Gatoraaaaaaaaaaaade

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

water is cancelled

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Too late

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Internet Old One posted:

I see the infidels and the blasphemers with their dark urine and sweat stained undergarments. They mock me because I am right, I do not get mad because I pity them.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go to the restroom.

Were you serious about the water because lol

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Beastie posted:

Gatoraaaaaaaaaaaade

No, you people are drinkin the wrong wata!

The only weird thing is that water is nearly free and so good for you and I see so many people walking around with shriveled up lips complaining they have headaches. I'm joking but like also, you'll probably feel slightly better if you drink slightly more than you're already getting and I'll bet if you drink a little more every day you'll be surprised how much more you can drink before it stops making a difference.

Once you drink a lot of water it feels a little crazy that it's not the norm.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Were you serious about the water because lol

Not the quasi-religious stuff but I'm super serious that most people would be surprised how much better they felt if they drank a lot more water.

Internet Old One fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 24, 2024

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Water isn't real anyway so none of this matters.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
You get most of your daily water from the food you eat anyway. Just have a decent amount of something hydrating every day so you don’t die.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Strawberries kick rear end for combatting dehydration and cottonmouth if you're the sinful type because you can just chow down with impunity

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

poo poo, I'm drinking water right now.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

redshirt posted:

poo poo, I'm drinking water right now.

You are mostly water by weight. You are a cannibal.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Heath posted:

You are mostly water by weight. You are a cannibal.

Lotta water in the air too.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
All of GBS was claiming to be lunks but I'm now hearing that you don't even carry around a gallon jug of water.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

water is for amateurs. real heads keep it wet by tripping through the mysteries of their own personal brinespace. when you know, you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

there is more Coke Zero No Caffeine in my body than water at any given moment