Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Not just Reddit but it’s the worst example of modern recreational outrage

Getting people banned for saying Caitlyn Jenner is ugly and killed a man

Or firing people making racist jokes offhand

Or forcing businesses to grovel forgiveness from outraged online mobs due to pissing off king nerd of random Reddit group online

or selling the wrong trinket or not being supportive enough of cause of the week

gently caress this outrage culture

oval office, nigga, tranny, and retard, why are these words bad all of a sudden and other terms that used to be bad are suddenly fine (you couldn’t say colored people but now you have to say people of color)

Tried to do the same with Bossy but that was going too far

I don’t like having my language controlled, oh no they said a bad word! BLOCKED I only like to read people who agree with me!!!!

Online was supposed to empower the masses but now everyone’s drunk with power and using it for the pettiest poo poo instead of real problems

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Blue Train posted:

If you don't wanna get fired for saying something don't do it on an account associated with your real name, simple. You'd get fired for saying the poo poo irl at work it's gonna apply the same online

gently caress that

It’s a slippery slope - I can watch my language perfectly online and only agree with the current PC thinking, but what if my boss changes and he’s in the opposite side, or the government is, and why should my personal life online gently caress up my work if I’m doing it right, but I pissed off veganlovah69 online

For a second people were offended and you couldn’t call them Nazis

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I hate Reddit and actually every social network

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Blue Train posted:

If you don't have it associated with your name it doesn't matter what is accepted or not. Or for the pro move set up an account with the name and pictures of someone you don't like and post the most abhorrent poo poo possible. That being said yea social media sucks and I don't use it

You HAVE to use it now

Jobs are asking for your Facebook account, or checking you online on the DL

This is going to swing hard the other way soon

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

If you're upset about dumb things like reddit then maybe I should come to your house and kick your rear end a little bit

Try it bitch, I know karate

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Stexils posted:

i hate that when i posted to r/selfies they told me to take it to r/farmanimals :fut:

Lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I like Aubrey plaza because I’m a straight male, what else do you need

I saw her movie where she’s a bad girl pretending to be good in order to .... gently caress I don’t remember anything about that movie except her butt in a bikini

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Are awesome

Fedoras are awesome

Fedoras

Are

Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Boy, that Nick Offerman, what a man huh? I bet he likes BACON? And manly stuff!!!