Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
There were grown rear end adults gasping every few minutes at stuff on the screen like when everyone (like dr strange and Spider-Man and black panther) started dying at the end or when thanos would do a thing. Like not hushed whispers to their friends, but full on "WHAATT??" or "OH MY GOD". when the dwarf from game of thrones showed up as a giant space dwarf people were cheering but i don't think he could hear them. Why do we still have theaters? get rid of them and let me watch videos on my computer or whatever instead so i don't have to listen to these people or go outside at all. i dont know why i keep going to these movies. i didn't really care much about most of the characters dying except for cobie smulders who dies in the after credits scene cause shes real pretty and i think she should get more screen time.

the best part of the movie was the characters you like which are all there except for hawkeye but i guess nobody likes him even though he was really good in wind river which is a much better movie and also has scarlet witch in it. thanos is pretty good. i was expecting him to be really bad like most comic book bad guys but they got some good mocap in there and he seems like just a normal dude who wants to kill half the universe which is ok in my book. I'm not totally sure what they're gonna do in the next movie. the obvious thing is they defeat thanos and use the time rock to make it so the movie didn't happen because theres no way Disney is giving up all that tasty, tasty IP. but then i got to thinking they could just reboot the stories of the characters that die and they can keep making these loving things forever. also when they kill tony stark in the next one they can reboot him with an actor that doesn't cost them the moon.

I would not recommend seeing this in the theater unless you can find one that's empty, but otherwise its fun and i liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
American cinemas seem to be the place where the audiences yell at the screen like it's a play and someone can hear them. Apparently when Fatal Attraction came out, people were yelling KILL HER MICHAEL at the screen during the climactic scene.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Sorry you hate fun OP

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gently caress you

Wolfman Nards
Apr 5, 2011

Yeah it's a comic book movie. Go see anything else in a theater and you'll have a pleasant time with the whole place to yourself. Bring a slice of chocolate cake and a glass of milk with you like a good American.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Going to movie theatres is awesome.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

Going to movie theatres is awesome.

It's true. My favorite part of gojng to the theatre, is seeing the picture on the big screen (hearing it is good too)

However, I hate the thing theatres do now, where they have the house lights on during trailers and end credits. Wtf is up with that

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Summer popcorn flicks at the theater is a social experience, not some sort of academic or analytical one.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Saw the 3D version at 9 at a Regal with some teens with me in the same row. Recliner chairs. Went feet full up, slide tray with water, giant sour skittles bag. Coat draped over me like a blanket. Curled on side near end. Teens on phone sometimes but no poo poo since glasses block peripheral vision. Enjoyed, caught bus home. A+ Thanos best protag

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i saw Rogue One in theaters and there was a girl right behind me asking her dad who every character was and chewing her popcorn loudly in my ear, and the seats were cramped together. that was not a good theater experience

other than that one bad time, my only problem is that theaters are too expensive, especially in NYC

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Chill Penguin posted:

It's true. My favorite part of gojng to the theatre, is seeing the picture on the big screen (hearing it is good too)

However, I hate the thing theatres do now, where they have the house lights on during trailers and end credits. Wtf is up with that

Its so people can enter or leave without killing themselves by tripping in the dark. It's not like theatres just do this either. The projectionist letters from the distribution company tell you where to put the cues for the lights.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

sweet geek swag posted:

Its so people can enter or leave without killing themselves by tripping in the dark. It's not like theatres just do this either. The projectionist letters from the distribution company tell you where to put the cues for the lights.

It's bullshit. What happened to the lighted aisles? Those were good enough

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Chill Penguin posted:

It's bullshit. What happened to the lighted aisles? Those were good enough

No they aren't. A lot of old people can't see them basically at all.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
People are loving animals. During the end scene of Deadpool Two they were lighting up the theater with their cel phones at maximum brightness.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

During the trailers before Infinity War, someone was using instagram with their phone on really bright with their notifications going off all the while. Really pissed me off.

BamBru
Jun 1, 2018

TV Zombie posted:

During the trailers before Infinity War, someone was using instagram with their phone on really bright with their notifications going off all the while. Really pissed me off.

I do yell at those people to get the gently caress out. Those tiny bright screens in a dark room is a no go for me.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Infinity War was okay. I am interested in seeing what they do with the sequel, so I'll give it that, but otherwise, yeah, okay.

Movie theatres rule, though. The problem is there's just not a tonne of movies that look like they're truly worth seeing. Dunkirk was great in a threatre. So was Fury Road.

What I really want, though, are more theatres that play classic movies. Seeing Blade Runner on a big screen loving ruled and there's a whole host of older films I want to see in a theatre but I don't have anything like that where I live, which is a bummer.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
watching casablanca on the big screen, spilling popcorn at all the jump scares and going "ooohhh ahhhh" at the special effects, asking the person next to me if peter lorre is a crossover character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blind Sally posted:

Infinity War was okay. I am interested in seeing what they do with the sequel, so I'll give it that, but otherwise, yeah, okay.

Movie theatres rule, though. The problem is there's just not a tonne of movies that look like they're truly worth seeing. Dunkirk was great in a threatre. So was Fury Road.

What I really want, though, are more theatres that play classic movies. Seeing Blade Runner on a big screen loving ruled and there's a whole host of older films I want to see in a theatre but I don't have anything like that where I live, which is a bummer.

my local megaplex does "classic movie night' but its mostly movies that are cheap to license that you've seen 100 times on TBS when u were a kid.

blade runner 2049 was a rare movie that takes advantage of the format and i'd love to see it in imax again.

• Locked thread