Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

I have tried to get it later but everyone else in my league are pumped to have it as early as possible. There's a regular discussion at the yearly rule meeting to have our rookie draft before the actual NFL draft even which is just ridiculous

While my league isn't that crazy, they really got upset when I asked if we wanted to do our rookie draft in a month, which is how we did it last year. They're convinced most if not all leagues do rookie drafts immediately after. We start Monday. I don't really mind, it's whatever to me.

I'd like to wait until training camp but that'd never fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Man I really want my Brieda taxi stash to pan out.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Im 1.05 in my rookie draft:

Saquon Barkley
Derrius Guice
Rashaad Penny
Sony Michel

All taken. Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones, or DJ Moore?

Or some other? I'm leaning Jones since he'll pretty much be the starter unless he sucks. Also debating trading back (don't have a 2nd round pick currently)

e: .5 ppr for wr, .75 for rb, 1 pt for te. Can post my roster too if requested.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 8, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Yea always a good idea to post your roster with rookie draft/trade questions

Yeah I just wanted to dump too much info. Roster:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

While I feel Chubb has the higher ceiling, consider that you may want someone starting NOW. That's Jones

Yeah that's what had me going back and forth. I settled on Chubb at like 11pm last night.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hurst just got taken 1.11 in my rookie draft.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

That is way too early. This rookie class had seven running backs who can potentially start week one as the starters on their respective teams, five quarterbacks taken in the first round and a fee receivers. Hurst at 11 is insane. I'm guessing that guy is desperate for tight ends and feels good about his team being in the championship.

I think it's way too early as well. TE was probably his biggest need, so maybe it'll pan out, but his team is usually a poor performer during the season, so he could have gotten more value elsewhere.

e: would giving up crabtree and perine for the 2.02 be too much? I'd use it to get Royce Freeman

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 8, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'd be picking at 3.05 next.

quick list of remaining options:

e: reminder 10 man league and scoring is: .5 ppr for wr, .75 for rb, 1 pt for te

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

I didn't realize you didn't have a second rounder. I'll say two things.

1) I tend to hedge with rookie drafts, because it is so volatile.
2) When I really like someone, if I think I can get then, I try to get them if the price is right.

I'd say follow those parameters and you'll be happy. Number two has gotten me Alvin Kamara and Christine Michael. :v:

Haha thanks. I hope I get lucky enough to get a talent like Kamara.

I'm somewhat debating also trying for the 2.03 pick, but maybe I just have trade fever.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Received this offer not too long ago.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm the metropolis meteors.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I hit that accept button.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

I'm confused. Are those picks for this year or next year? It says 2018, but Chubb was drafted, so I am unsure.

Also, holy gently caress did that guy really give you Fournette AND three seconds in a super deep rookie draft? Is he a Georgia homer who really loves Chubb?

He was convinced Nick Chubb and Royce Freeman were the best two picks in the draft.

Also, he traded with someone a few hours earlier to get the 2.07 that he traded me.

That trade was him giving up:
Tyreek Hill
2019 first

He got:
Donta foreman
Marqise Lee
Tyler Eifert

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Which GB WR rookie would you rather draft in dynasty this year, Equanimeous St. Brown or J'Mon Moore?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

First one. Then the other.

Serious answer, Moore is a 4th rounder, St. Brown is a 6th. I think draft equity is in Moore's side. Moore is also in the 78th percentile for SPARQ score, so he's the more athletic of the two, but not by a significant amount.

Honestly, all the receivers the Packers grabbed have similar traits. I think they are grabbing a type and hoping one emerges as the clear favorite.

Is Marqeez Valdes-Scantling already taken? Because he's also a Packers receiver.

All three are available, and I would be using probably my 3rd and/or 4th round picks for them.

I picked Christian Kirk with my first of three second round picks from that trade.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

Kirk is a solid second rounder. I'm partial to Anthony Miller, but I also am a college production homer and a Bears homer. He's someone I can't look at without being biased.

How many of the quarterbacks are available?

With my 2.07 n 2.08 I took Rosen and Anthony Miller.

E: I feel pretty good about my second round. I debated DJ Chark for a bit, but I'm not confident in Bortles enough to make him super productive. I do have Allen Robinson so maybe doubling up on bears wasn't the best idea?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VietCampo posted:

It's cool, he already got Fournette in exchange for a peanut. heh

Haha yeah that's how I'm seeing it. I got to draft fournette in the first instead of chubb.

E: the colts rookie, nynhiem? And the dolphins ballage were available but I didn't really feel that strong about them.

Hopefully fournette and hunt treat me right.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That's fair, I didn't realize Chark was a good run blocker as well. I figured he'd be further down the depth chart than Miller will be.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I was kinda hoping Chark might fall to the third by virture of MFL's adp ranking being so horrible and most my league just going off those. But the savvy owner just after me took Chark just now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Iirc he's been trying to ship Evans since the end of last season to get under cap. Might be the only offer.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah I'm not sure gutting your depth is quite worth Evans for a year.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The best team in our league just got Dalvin Cook by trading away Derrick Henry and Tyreek Hill. His roster is stupid good.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

That's a lot for Cook.

Maybe.. I see Cook as having the potential to be a fantasy all time great. We'll have to see how he's recovered.

It wasn't much for the owner because he sold off Tyreek who he just got during the rookie draft in a pretty one sided trade, and his RBs are Gurley, Coleman, Ajayi, and Hyde, (also Crowell and Collins) so losing Henry wasn't a huge loss.

His WRs are Julio, Adams, Hopkins, Mike Thomas, Jeffery, Theilen, and Josh Gordon (plus the rookies he drafted).

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Yea that's a pretty fair trade, and honestly might even be an overpay for Cook.

This seems like a case of "best team in the league makes move, must be unfair" thinking, which we have all been guilty of (myself included).

I approved it without question. I just find it crazy that anyone will trade with him. And when he does trade he still ends up having one of, if not the best roster in our dynasty league.

I will also mention that starting lineups are:
Qb/rb/wr/te/flex/flex/flex/k/dst
And it's the tiered ppr league. 1 pt for te, .75 for rb, .5 for wr.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 15, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

The trade is fair. I don't think anyone us getting screwed. Just not sure I'd make it.

I'm not saying its unfair. I'm saying I'm surprised he found someone to trade with that was willing to part with a young and potentially amazing Rb and it barely dented his roster.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

If I were that guy, I would have accepted too. He got an RB2 with RB1 potential and a WR1. It's a decent haul. I'm not going to refuse to trade with guys who are better than me on principle when doing so makes me better.

I just did a feeler around the office and everyone thinks the guy getting Henry/Hill is winning this.

FAKE EDIT: He's getting Cook, right? I'm not reading this incorrectly.

The league champ/really good team is the one getting Cook.

That's fair and I don't mean to seem salty or trying to poo poo up the thread with "why oh whys" so I won't be bringing it up again.

It was just like drat, I wish I had the roster capital to trade away Tyreek and Henry and it not affect my roster. They were two dudes he never even started, haha. Though he probably would have flexed in Tyreek on plus matchups, if Mahomes doesn't poop in the bed.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

Be as salty as you want. That's what fantasy football is about! :D

I think I just misunderstood the tone of your comments.

:respek:

All good, probably a failure on my part as well.

In other fantasy news I used my last rookie pick on Darius Fountain because an article talked about how big his hands are. And you know what they say about big hands?!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
On MFL you can acquire rookie's on waivers and taxi squad them, however, they go to your active roster first so you must make room for them there before demoting them.

I did this in order to stash a few guys towards the end of the season like Trent Taylor and Matt Breida

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Can you put those rookies on the taxi squad even if they have been on another teams active roster before? What about if they started a game?

Hmm neither of those instances have come up so I'm not sure. Our rule is once you start a rookie he can't be taxi squadded but I'm not honestly sure if mfl enforces that.

We don't have any rules about demoting rookies that have been on other rosters. A rookie or two have been traded from a taxi squad to another team just fine though.

I'm looking at mfls setup page for taxi squads and the only options you can set are:
1. Only allow rookies on ts?
2. Only players on a bye week can be ts?
3. Once promoted they can not be demoted for X days, (9999 in ours).

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

So I'm trying to import my league to MFL, to test things out. Right now I am inputting each player's salaries. Demarco Murray doesn't even exist in MFL's database. Same with Orleans Darkwa and a few others. How can people use this site? Ughh

Go into the settings and find View players on NFL free agency?

I'm looking for it now to be more specific. I'll edit it in if I find it

E: reports and security settings in the appearance setup section.

E2: is there a sa fantasy discord?

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 23, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Thank you. This is one of the reasons my whole league is against using MFL. Everything is a complicated mystery.

As commissioner of MFL I hate it. loving despise it. As a dynasty player, man is it better at making me not having to track stuff on my own.

The real trick is designing your leagues webpage to not look like trash. If you figure that out let me know.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Yea my whole league did a best ball league on MFL two years ago and unanimously swore we would never use this horrible mess of a website again. However now that we have a complicated dynasty salary cap league we are considering it just because of how it tracks everything. I know I will regret using it though. The fact we have to pay $130 on top of it being a terribly designed piece of poo poo is just a kick in the balls.

You should be able to get first time buyer discounts. Also if you renew early it's $70. Or did you buy a deluxe league?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

So back to MFL. I've got all the settings ironed out. All the rosters and salaries are imported. The one thing I can't figure out how to do is adjusting the draft picks for the upcoming draft. The only commish setting I see regarding the draft is "Import Future Draft Picks," but when I click on that, it says "NO YEAR 2018 DRAFT PICK TRADES TO IMPORT." It also says: "Hint: You must set up your 2018 draft order before performing this step."

Can someone who knows this website help me with how to adjust draft picks that were traded during last season / the offseason.

Thanks!

I'm about to see a movie or I'd look this up. If you haven't figured it out later tonight and I remember I'll help ya.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

So back to MFL. I've got all the settings ironed out. All the rosters and salaries are imported. The one thing I can't figure out how to do is adjusting the draft picks for the upcoming draft. The only commish setting I see regarding the draft is "Import Future Draft Picks," but when I click on that, it says "NO YEAR 2018 DRAFT PICK TRADES TO IMPORT." It also says: "Hint: You must set up your 2018 draft order before performing this step."

Can someone who knows this website help me with how to adjust draft picks that were traded during last season / the offseason.

Thanks!

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm about to see a movie or I'd look this up. If you haven't figured it out later tonight and I remember I'll help ya.

Ok first you need to set the upcoming draft up using the Draft Start Date/Time Setup and the General Draft and Timer Setup Modules. After that you can use the draft order Setup, then for individual rounds use draft order setup - one round.

If you want to PM about this feel free. Sorry for the late reply.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
May I have a link to the ff discord?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hey is there a way to look at free agent rookies in MFL easily?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Azhais posted:

Rookie is a position you can filter on. I know of no way to look at free agent rookie kickers however, just all rookies.

yeah the issue is when you try to filter them on the player stats page it doesn't pull any of them up since they didn't have 2017 stats. And the add/drop page doesn't let me filter them, so I'm not sure where exactly to pull them up from.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Reports > Player > Full Free Agent Listing. Then Show Only: Rookies.

Thanks!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

When using MFL, when you trade a draft pick, do you need to get one in return? I've played on Yahoo for most years and it always required you to trade an equal number of picks.

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

I'm almost done switching my salary cap dynasty league over to MFL, but there's one thing I can't figure out. I've manually set the draft order for the upcoming 2018 draft, to reflect all the draft picks that were included in trades. However, I can't figure out how to change draft picks for 2019. Is there a way to do this? We had two trades last season including 2019 draft picks.

In the trades setup you will need to set how far in the future picks can be traded.

As far as I know there isnt a page that will show that draft list, just the current years, but it still tracks it all so you shouldnt have to worry about someone trading a 2019 2nd round pick twice.