Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Sataere posted:

I want something less skill based and more drinking based.

shot roulette if you play with high functioning alcoholics- 12 shots handed out, one is actually water, whoever gets it gets last pick. One lucky someone ends up with 1st overall and an extended stay on the bathroom floor

everyone doing a March Madness bracket is what we do in my longest running league- functionally random but it gives us all an excuse to get together for games and beers in March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
so for a 12 team league, you pour 11 vodka shots, 1 shot of water, distribute them randomly to the owners, who then drink them. the owner who gets the water gets the 12th pick. Then you pour 10 vodka shots, 1 shot of water, randomly distribute and you've got your 11th team picking decided. Rinse, repeat, (vomit)

I don't actually recommend this, but you can probably tweak it so that there's less horrifying binge drinking

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Sataere posted:

Holy gently caress, how does this not turn into a ten man draft, after the first and second picks die.

I dig your style.

it went poorly the one year we actually tried it- also I'm pretty sure that was 8 or 10 teams, which is way more reasonable

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Chris Harris finally gives us what we want of him; film breakdown and only ten minutes of him at a time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex-d5tdQbgQ

he still looks like the weird ghoul that the other ghouls are uncomfortable around

like a dracula cosplaying as an irishman

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I only listen to his podcast when he has someone I enjoy on as a guest- and ideally someone who will disagree with him in a major way about something. I check his ranks relatively frequently though.

I feel like Harris provides a good counterpoint to a lot of the other analysis that I read, but "oh I don't look at other people's rankings, I just watch tape" bullshit aggravates me.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

almost traded Kareem Hunt to get Guice in dynasty, so glad I was a coward

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

pubic works project posted:

Why would you do that anyways?

I'm a shameful DC homer, chasing the mystery prize behind door number 2

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Keeper advice please-

12 team, 1 PPR - 1QB / 2RB / 2WR / 1TE / 2 FLEX(RB/WR/TE). Keep 2 in the noted round. I have the 1.1 pick in the snake draft. Other keepers aren't nailed down yet, but my guess is that the top-tier non-rookies are all going to be kept, probably in the first three rounds.

1 David Johnson, Ari RB
2 Brandin Cooks, LAR WR
3 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
4 Travis Kelce, KC TE
5 Stefon Diggs, Min WR
8 Tevin Coleman, Atl RB
9 James White, NE RB
10 Ty Montgomery, GB RB
10 Alex Collins, BAL RB
13 Tyler Lockett, Sea WR
14 Devin Funchess, Car WR

With Bell and Gurley almost certainly being kept by their respective owners (in the 2nd and 3rd, respectively, gross) I shouldn't keep Johnson, as I can just pick him at 1.1. Maybe there's a compelling case that develops over the next two weeks for someone else at 1.1, but I kinda doubt it. Diggs in the 5th seems like a no-brainer to me. Other than that, I'm torn- Kelce in the 4th is nice, but I'm usually content to stream TE. Collins in the 10th is potentially great value, but counting on the BAL offense is never a comfortable place to be. If Burkhead and Michel both struggle to get and stay healthy, James White should see a serious uptick in value. Similarly TyMont and Coleman both have decent floors thanks to receiving and weekly top 24 upside or better in case of an injury. I don't really love any of the non-Diggs WR options as they either don't really represent much value (Cooks, Fitz) or aren't going to be particularly consistent (Lockett, Funchess).

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Appreciate all the advice. A trade scenario involving DJ is probably possible but would get complicated for the commissioner (me) to adjudicate since we haven't had any players for picks transactions thus far. I'm thinking Diggs & Collins, but we don't draft for two weeks so I may come back and take the temperature of the thread if there's relevant news.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Holy poo poo Rodgers is coming back.

this only ends one of two ways: amazing legendary comeback or onfield execution of one of the greatest QBs ever

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

pubic works project posted:

Just saw that Shady has busted ribs. Anyone thinking about grabbing Chris Ivory? Or are we just going to avoid all Bills players?

I had to sit through most of that game yesterday to humor my buddy from Buffalo who just got Sunday Ticket. I don't blame Vontae Davis one bit for retiring at halftime

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 17, 2018

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Need some commissioner advice-
12 team PPR league, with 2 players kept year to year. A 6-3 team (Team A) in 2nd place in one of the divisions just made a trade with a 2-7 last place team (Team B). The owners are very good friends and are both new to the league this year.

Team A gives:
Leonard Fournette
Nelson Agholor

Team B gives:
Adam Thielen
Lamar Miller

A couple of other owners are complaining that this should be reversed as they think it's collusion, but I'm pretty squarely in the "don't reverse trades unless it's blatant collusion" camp. Am I erring too much on the side of letting trades stand?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Isn't Minnesota's line considerably less good than Washington's, if you control for health?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Dave Gettleman has had enough with you bloggers in basements. He's going to show all of you that all a team needs is a 38 year old quarterback and a first round running back