Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

maniacripper posted:

Anyone have a 10 team standard scoring beer sheet, the OP doesn't mention any and I swear I got them the last two years from here and it worked pretty well? Just found out my draft is in an hour and I just got home from work and watched zero pre-season football, fantasy here I come baby!!!

Reddit post along with links to donate to Beer's good cause:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/9b16z6/beersheets_20180828_beers_mia_edition/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Brownhat posted:

What are they doing to Bell, exactly?

Throwing shade and making it a lot easier for team management to continue to feel just fine about not giving in to Bell's demands.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Still have my draft tomorrow night. 2QB, 0.5 PPR, keeper league. I essentially have picks #6, and #9. Badly in need of an RB. Do I take Bell with either of those picks or go for someone like Hunt, CMC, or Gordon?

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

In a keeper league I'd be really tempted by Saquon Barkley if you can get him.

He will likely be gone with one of the first few picks, but if he is I'd gladly grab him. My keepers are Michael Thomas (14th Rd) and Josh Gordon (9th Rd). Guys on the board that will be available for my first two picks:

RBs
- Bell
- Barkley
- Hunt
- CMC
- Gordon

WRs
- Brown
- OBJ
- Julio
- Hopkins

QBs
- Rodgers
- Wilson
- Newton

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Finished my 2QB, 0.5 PPR keeper league draft earlier. Kept Josh Gordon in the 9th and Michael Thomas in the 12th.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

10 teamer. I was pick #9.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Suave Fedora posted:

What was your thought process at the turn? I drafted in the same spot (9th) twice this season and I went Hopkins + Hunt (.5ppr), and Hopkins + ODB (1ppr). I’m curious as to how others felt about drafting there. I hated it because I felt like I had to go against the grain in order not to get caught up in trends. And I normally draft RB-heavy at the top.

It was tough. The 2QBs, on top of keepers, meant that the usual guys weren't there. Best guys available to me there were:

Barkley
McCaffrey
Cook
Gordon
Freeman
Julio
Allen
Newton
Brees
Wilson

I already had one safe WR (Michael Thomas) and one high risk WR (Gordon), and the guy drafting 10 and 11 was already keeping a QB, so I really wanted an RB first and then pickup a QB with my next pick. It mostly came down to deciding between Barkley, CMC, Cook, and Gordon. I narrowed it down to Barkley and Gordon and ended up taking a risk with the rookie that fell further than I expected.

Drafting in that spot in more standard formats, I would grab a high end WR first like Hopkins or OBj, and then someone like Hunt/Gordon/Cook if they're still there, or the other WR in that pair if they're still there in the second. With everyone focused on the RB trend, I think it's great that guys like OBJ and Hopkins are falling that far. They're absolute monsters with multiple years of proven production. Recency bias has mad a lot of people forget about just how good they really are.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Pats homer here reminding you to just stay the hell away from Patriots RBs.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

From an interview he gave talking about his troubles with substance abuse:

"I've used alcohol on many, many occasions, Xanax on many occasions, cocaine several occasions, marijuana most of my life, codeine, cough syrup, methazine is very prevalent where I'm from,'' Gordon admit. "It's what I grew up using.''

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Yeah but Josh Gordon could be just as good as anybody in the NFL. Even Golladay!

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Chernabog posted:

Who would you rather have as a stash/bye-player in 0.5ppr.
C. Carson or Ekeler?

Ekeler, no question.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Need to drop at least one for a kicker and possibly a second for a DST to replace the Bears. 0.5 ppr, and since it's a keeper league, these are all worth a 9th round as a keeper if they're still on my roster by the end of the year.

- Royce Freeman
- Javorious Allen
- Mike Williams
- Nick Chubb
- Keke Coutee
- Ronald Jones

Gearman fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 3, 2018

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

ScottyJSno posted:

Help me Goons!

I am down 19 points going into Monday Night.

I have RB-Kamara and TE-Reed

he has RB-Peterson and K-Lutz

I can also add LB from one of the MNF teams if I drop the Bears defence.

Should I give up the Bears D going forward for up to 4 or so extra points ?

You're going to be just fine. I'd hold Bears D, unless you desperately need a win this week.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Trades should process immediately. Waiting for a trade to process is dumb.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

You take that and run (all the way to the championship).

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Keith Atherton posted:

Cousins is on bye and here’s what’s available in my league:

Fitz v WAS
Prescott @ PHI
Alex Smith @ TB
Eli @ SF
Rosen @ KC

I’m leaning Fitzpatrick but I don’t see a great choice here. Thoughts?

Fitzmagic has outscored everyone else on that list even with two zero point weeks.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Poque posted:

ban goons

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

How much do I have to donate to see the good posts in here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Funny enough, the Giants player with the most receptions last year was Saquon Barkley with 91. He was also only three targets behind OBJ for most targets on the team. Pretty safe to say that Barkley is now the Giants best RB and WR.