Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Fansy posted:

My keeper league currently keeps trades in an excel spreadsheet, and chats via SMS. It's not ideal.

Has anyone made good software for off-season trading & chatting?

Why not just use MFL for the league so you can do things year to year.

It also has a built in chat function, but I use GroupMe and Slack for most of my leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

Once I'm done with work, I'll have my initial dynasty rankings article up. I'll put the link in the thread tonight once it is done.

Also, it's way too early for dynasty drafts. Wait for the start of training camp. There is no real feel for players yet.

Most dynasty drafts kick off in May/early June.

FA auction needs to be in summer, but waiting that long for a rookie draft in dynasty is pointless.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

It's a 12-team league and I have picks 6 and 7. 1.01 will definitely be Barkley (going to a guy who owns Bell, Shady and Elliot already of course) but I am hoping for there being at least one of the non-Allen QBs available by my picks.

Why not offer 1.06 & 1.07 for 1.01 so he can take a QB and a RB?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

sourdough posted:

Every league will be super different, so tough to know, but I'd have a plan B. Did people bite early on Trubisky, Mahomes, and Watson last year? I'd bet Mayfield and Darnold will probably go earlier than any of them. Of course, worst case is some great RBs drop to you if 3 or 4 QBs go early.

Barkley is somehow hyped up even more than Zeke was. Like, Gurley+ for him, or maaaaybe Beckham straight up. It's crazy. I don't know if even something dumb like 1.02+1.03 gets it done in some leagues.

I’d offer 1.06 & 1.07 for Zeke or Bell?

Couldn’t hurt and he might be open to it just drafting the greatest rookie RB in the history of the NFL.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

. David Johnson should be in the same conversation as Zeke, Bell and Gurley. I legitimately hope all you guys sleep on him, because I want all the DJ shares!

2015 Bell and 2016 Gurley :smug:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Edit nm

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

This gave me a good chuckle this morning when enjoying my cup of coffee

https://www.fantasypros.com/2018/05/jerick-mckinnon-will-be-a-bust-fantasy-football/

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/status/993580726623916032?s=21

Not a huge deal but still slightly hurts CMC

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Chubb

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

e: would giving up crabtree and perine for the 2.02 be too much? I'd use it to get Royce Freeman

If they accept that trade then you win.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Boston Scott coming in hot

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

He costs $13 in my salary cap league, and I already have Rivers, Goff, Keenum, and Bortles for like $2 a piece. Should I still let him burn a roster spot all season?

You can’t trade him? Or two of those other qb’s?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I'd move Evans for pennies. Then I'd look to sell Kelce high since you have Henry and Ebron (especially if it's not a TE premium league).

306 - 55 + 4 - 21 = 234 (not including what you get back for Kelce)

Then I'd cut or move (only for cheaper return): Keenum, Luck, Darkwa, TMonty, Conner (he isn't going to be the handcuff anyways), Benjamin, White, & Mitchell,

That gets you under cap so you can bid on RB's while maintaining a stacked team w/ depth.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

I miiiight be able to trade Kelce for a guaranteed top 5 pick, no way I could get the #1 pick once the draft order is set though.

Edit: Talked to the owner who has three 1st rounders this year. He has the 8th overall pick, and two picks that will be randomly seeded in the 1-5 range.

He said he would give me the 8th overall pick for Kelce, but not one of the top 5 picks.

Can you get 1.08 plus later pick for Kelce?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Are you sure that’s worth losing Kelce? I get that Henry and Ebron are decent options but Kelce is a virtual lock for top 2 TE and the drop off after Gronk and him is pretty huge, no? Also I feel like $21 is a good deal for him and he will be a good price for years to come.

The gap this year between Henry and Kelce won’t be large enough to justify the 7% cap difference.

I’m holding all my Kelce shares, but I’m also worried and don’t have Henry as well.

He’s at an all time high. Sell

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Yah I'm holding ARob. Only way I might move Kelce + ARob is if those rando picks hit at 1.01 and only then am I making that offer.

I don't think he would take both anyways since that would put him over cap.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

In my main dynasty league 1.02 + Cook went for our 1.01/Barkley.

I traded 1.10 + Melvin Gordon for 1.01/Barkley in another.

I wish I had Cook to sell for high. Same with Mixon since I both think they might be bottom shelf RB1’s as a ceiling.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

After switching 3 of my keeper leagues to dynasty and having 80% of my leagues be IDP...

I'm really not looking forward to my 2 main redraft leagues this year. They are going to be so boring.

Zauper and I are secretly going to dominate this 96 team dynasty were are co-owning though. Once he gets off that newborn daddy schedule we will kick the trades into overdrive.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

on the bored wop posted:

Oh hey, I won a championship the year my daughter was born but none in the decade since :smith:

Time to have more babies then. You know for FF.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

I just agreed to a trade to send Kelce for a lottery first round pick (Will be #1 - #5 overall). However it's first overall protected so if it turns out to be #1 overall the deal is off. I figure this is as good a deal as I will get for him. I get a top 5 rookie RB, or end up keeping Kelce.

I think that's a solid deal.

Now what about Evans? Were you able to hose the new owner into taking him?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Is MFL the only site for dynasty leagues that has a salary cap system where it won’t let you make a move that puts you over the cap?

You can set a soft cap in MFL.

Also sucks about Henry dude. :suicide: time to move Evans for TE’s

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

As commissioner of MFL I hate it. loving despise it. As a dynasty player, man is it better at making me not having to track stuff on my own.

The real trick is designing your leagues webpage to not look like trash. If you figure that out let me know.

This is it 100% in a nut shell regarding MFL.

All of my leagues have taxi squads, but only one really makes it worthwhile.

Rookies and 2 year players can be placed on taxi squads and only 10% of their salary counts towards cap.

Players can bounce from active to taxi squad as many times as they want but, if a player is on taxi squad another team can claim them (think like NFL practice squad). Claims happen between tue & fri (so if a injury happens or something you can’t go claim another player day of game).

If you claim a player off another taxi squad, it costs you the round they were picked plus the next. So if x drafted Barkley in the 1st and put him on taxi squad I could claim him for a 1st and 2nd. You can use picks from the next 3 drafts, but the most current pick gets applied first. So that could be a 2021 1st and 2nd if you already traded all your earlier 1st and 2nds. Waiver claims equal a 7th round claim.

Because this is an IDP league it gets pretty aggressive and we have guys who have built winning squads off taxi claims and have no 1-3 picks until 2022 lol.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

MFL is so customizable that you can’t rrally say if it’s horrible or not.

I’m in dynasty leagues where I have no clue how to find anything and spend time searching. Then I’m in dynasty leagues that are perfectly set up and everything is right there.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

No offense, but having a 1st round pick take up 8% of your cap year 1 is insane, and will prohibit anyone from ever being able to rebuild through the draft.

5% max but 3% is more reasonable.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Our taxi squad rules in my main dynasty league are way better than the other leagues I’m in so I’ll post those.

Rookies and sophomores only on TS. They can move from active to taxi as often as the owner wants throughout the season.

When on TS though only 10% of salary counts against cap.

Players can be stolen off TS only between Tue - Thu (so people don’t go scraping taxi squads Sunday morning if their player is out, etc.

To claim a TS guy you give up the following.

If they were a:
1st round pick - you give up your best 1st and 2nd round picks in next 2 (or 3 if you have paid to deal those picks) draft.
2nd - 2nd and 3rd
3rd - 3rd and 4th
4th - 4th and 5th
5th - 5th and 6th
6th - 6th and 7th
7th - 7th
Waiver Claim - 7th

For example, right now I have Mike Williams on my TS to drop his salary from 3.3m to 330k since I’m tight on cap. Lots of people want him, but no one is willing to pay a 1st and 2nd for him... yet.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

And what do you have to do to block a claim on a taxi guy you own? Just promote him to the active roster? Isn't that kind of pointless if you can just throw him back on the taxi squad immediately after?

Once the claim is made you can’t block it. It’s up to you to figure out the roster space and cap needed to move him around. Makes it more like a chess match and forces you to pay attention to what’s happening.

But we are an IDP w/ 53 man roster and 10 taxi slots so people get pretty creative and use taxi for many different reasons.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Wait, you can't block the taxi claim? So anyone can steal whoever they want off a taxi squad, as long as they are willing to pay the price in picks?

Yep. The only way to block it is not have them on taxi.

Spermy Smurf posted:

If you can't block it you don't need to worry about cap and roster space since there's no blocking right? He gone.

I mean figure out cap and roster space to get them off taxi so he can't be sniped.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Azhais posted:

What do people consider Tyler Eifert's value in dynasty to be? 16 team 1ppr, start one TE, no special scoring for TEs

I’m not paying more than a 3rd for him in dynasty. But I would happily pay a 3rd for him and hope he stays healthy.

I’d offer a rotational sophomore who is going to score points but never be the #1 on their team.

In a TE Premium league I’d offer a 3rd plus a guy like that or 2 players.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Penny at 1.02 for sure

and I say this as a Carson fanboy.

Unless you are worried about....

Mike Davis

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Penny at 2 even with that terrible line they did nothing to fix during the draft?

You are drafting purely on available opportunities.

Guice isn't getting it because they already said Thompson is their 3rd down back.
Michel (ha have fun in that NE backfield).
Chubb (same thing here... Duke is 3rd down back since he was just signed to an extension and Hyde is still the starter).
Freeman (they already said Booker is going to be handling majority of the work)
RoJo (change of pace back who is already announced to be getting max 10-15 carries)
Kerryon (Blount on the goal line and Riddick on 3rd down)

Penny has the clear cut path to being the teams #1 RB and 3rd down back.

Bad line or not, would you rather take someone who gets 15-20+ touches a game, or someone with a better line who gets 5-10 touches a game?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

sourdough posted:

I flip flop between Penny and Guice as my 1.02 (both are 1st round talents in decent situations), so don't totally disagree, but you're putting way too much stock in what's being said about rookies in June. More specifically, Chubb, Freeman, and Rojo are all good bets to get decent work this year.

We saw just last year Dalvin Cook take over from Latavius Murray, despite even in late July that not being a sure thing, so way too early to count out Chubb as the starter. For Freeman, you're really worried about Booker? That job is wide open. And for Jones, again, you're counting it as set in stone that Peyton Barber is going to be the undisputed lead back?

Seattle didn't trade up into the 1st to grab Penny if they were worried he couldn't produce in their offense.

Chubb, Rojo, and Guice will provide some value but the backfields are too crowded.

If you are drafting 1.02 you aren't looking for a rookie to get decent work.

You are looking for a rookie that has the opportunity to have a solid fantasy impact their rookie year & beyond. Especially in RCarr's league where there is no Taxi discounted salary and that pick is 8+% of your cap for the next few years.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Am I better off with Chris Carson for $2 or a 5th round rookie pick for $1 in my ppr dynasty salary cap league?

Carson

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Here's the point of my post, which I thought was going to be clearer than it was: Dak was performing just fine last season until Zeke went bye-bye with the suspension. Dak's numbers were not all that different without Dez when he was out. Dak is going around kickers and DSTs and may be a good value pick because his struggles in the second half last year seem to be due to defenses being able to tee off on him without zeke.

Don’t worry. I got what you meant by the original post. Gonna take a few weeks/months for others to shake the rust off.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

That's because in 1QB leagues that's what a qb outside the top 3 or 4 is worth

No way. Top 3 go by round 5. Next 5 typically go by round 9. Rest of the starters should be gone by 12 the latest

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Ignore regression. The Kamara hype train is real!!!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Keenan Allen is gonna be a top 3-5 WR in PPR if he doesn't die :sludgepal:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1013923920804708352

Nope. It’s Mike Williams time

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

89 posted:

So, in a 10 man league. Where's the drafting sweet spot?

We've got 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, etc. But we are ADDING a Flex. So, that'll make things interesting. Get the #3 spot (highest I can grab) and take David Johnson/Gurley and settle for a lesser RB (McCoy/Freeman) or WR (Devante Adams, Michael Thomas), or choose later in the draft and get 2 higher tier options (Melvin Gordon + Julio or whatever)?

10 man leagues it doesn’t matter. Plenty of talent to go around the entire draft.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

CMC is literally the only RB/WR in Carolina who doesn't completely blow. He'll get 80 catches as the Panthers figure out they can't move the ball without swing passes

Lol some of your takes are bad, but this is the worst.

CJ Anderson was a cap casualty and has plenty left in the tank. Funchess is a quality WR1 and DJ Moore is going to eat. CMC is going to regress due to the above and a healthy Olsen.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Hill is one of my big avoids at his current ADP/auction price this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

The whole TE tier and auction values are totally flipped.

Ebron should be over Doyle, ASJ and Burton should be higher, and who knows what Kittle is going to do.

But yes. Graham is TD or bust and it’s not the weaponless Seahawks this year.

Who has more TD’s? Rodgers rushing or Graham? That’s the better question.