Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A stacked offense does not preclude running back production, anyway. A stacked offense means more first downs means more opportunities for the back. A stacked offense built around the passing game also means a lot more end zone pass interference calls, which means more goal line TDs for Jonathon Stewart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/Pat_Thorman/status/990236612427681792

Between this and shady mccoy likely starting to grind to a halt, 2018 is going to be #dontDAB

Draft A Bill

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE

https://twitter.com/bobbyfantasypro/status/991163491053600774

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Look, when you have a chance to spend fantasy draft capital on the guy on his fifth team in seven years with 250 career carries, you gotta pull the trigger

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Guys edward 40 hands isnt that complicated

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Just read an article saying to devalue David Johnson using statistical analysis based on team w-l record.

Truly a #blessed time we live in🙏

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Forward it to everyone.

https://twitter.com/DFF_Shane/status/992796488282632193

There's some other stuff in there about the line but a lot of it is W-L & SOS

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

Especially once Kamara was drafted. When that happened, I feel everyone realized that the Saints didn't really love AD.

There was a huge discussion last year about whether AP or Ingram was the better play last year in the fifth round.

True brain geniuses knew it was Kamara.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

This gave me a good chuckle this morning when enjoying my cup of coffee

https://www.fantasypros.com/2018/05/jerick-mckinnon-will-be-a-bust-fantasy-football/

I saw that yesterday and I didn't want to post it for fear of ~homerism~

He cites Kyle Jusczcyk as a goal-line vulture. He had zero carries inside the five last year and one target inside the ten. Carlos Hyde had 16 goal-line carries, the second most in the league

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/MatthewBerryTMR/status/993597419093884928

how many years in a row are we going to look at cja partial season production

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

which one are you? What's your roster?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

mash that mfin accept button

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

cmon fam

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/FFTakeaway/status/993983067986391040

ctrl + F "targets" 0/0

IT'S LIKE FANTASY FOOTBALL TWITTER IS DIRECT SNIPING BAD TAKES INTO MY HEART

Also the frame of reference for "pull the trigger" is Zeke + a pick which is an automash this article doesnt need to exist why why why why whyyyyyyy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

I think the only competition Miller has is Kevin White this year. And like I said before, I favor college production a lot and there is no denying Miller produced. He's really athletic and angry. I just like the guy.

Also, since this is dynasty, it's not that big an issue if he doesn't produce this year, but I still think he had the clearer path. He just has to beat out White. Unless osteoporosis is contagious, dude has a clear path to a starting role.

Chark is good and I definitely have him on the same tier as Miller, but he's got more competition to see the field. Last year, Jacksonville got two rookies and Marqise Lee is still there.

Sataere posted:

I think the only competition Miller has is Kevin White this year.

Sataere posted:

competition Miller has is Kevin White.

Sataere posted:

Kevin White.

bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I don't know if this offseason is especially triggering for me so far or if I'm just paying more attention.

Chris "gonna find truth nothing but truth and nothing but objective truth will be tolerated" Harris said Kamara isn't going to become a 25-30 touch per game player and that level of volume has happened over an entire season TWO TIMES since 2009. Like, no poo poo. Next you're going to tell me that Aaron Rodgers isn't going to average 75 pass attempts a game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/heathcummingssr/status/1000098475999195136

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:thunk:

Edited for correct order of my point

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 29, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

3 games is not a useful data set, but also, sure

I put those in the wrong order. I was talking with/without zeke and that he didn't crater without dez (to stem the tide on that potential argument)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Here's the point of my post, which I thought was going to be clearer than it was: Dak was performing just fine last season until Zeke went bye-bye with the suspension. Dak's numbers were not all that different without Dez when he was out. Dak is going around kickers and DSTs and may be a good value pick because his struggles in the second half last year seem to be due to defenses being able to tee off on him without zeke.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Like, probably Ben's passing without Antonio Brown are probably worse than when he's missing LeVeon Bell instead, but actually I'd be real interested in whether that is the case or not, now I'm thinking about it.

Friend, all this information, and more can be found with the RotoViz Splits App on their site. That's where those DakStats(tm) came from

The only problem is AB84 has missed 1 game since Lev Bell entered the league.

https://i.imgur.com/hkpFx2S.png

https://i.imgur.com/Ctr57S0.png

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Good stat I just heard from Mike Tagliere: no team had top ten RB, top ten TE and two top 30 WR last season.

By current ADP
Kareem Hunt: RB8
Travis Kelce: TE2
Tyreek Hill: WR11
Sammy Watkins: WR30

That's a lot to put at Mahomes' feet

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm gonna square that when I get home because I had the same question.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How often has it ever happened?

I pulled these numbers off FFToday, using Yahoo! standard scoring, going back to 2005. Here are the teams, by year, that had a top-ten RB, top-ten TE and two top-thirty WRs

2017 - none
2016 - none
2015 - none
2014 - Chicago
2013 - Chicago, Denver (they had 3 top-30 WRs)
2012 - none
2011 - Atlanta
2010 - none
2009 - Indianapolis, Minnesota
2008 - Houston
2007 - none
2006 - none
2005 - none

Misc nonsense:
In 2012, the Ravens had two within the top 31; in 2011, the Saints, Chargers and Eagles had two within the top 35.`

It owns that only two QBs have pulled it off twice, and the only one to do it B2B was Smokin' Jay

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 1, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Twice. The word missing there was twice.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Amergin posted:

I actually advocate grabbing top kickers and DSTs a round or two earlier than that since 1) by those late rounds it's all fliers who are the first to get swapped for waiver picks and 2) grabbing a top tier kicker and DST can be great "tie-breakers" for playoffs and whatnot.

Oddly enough the "don't grab kickers or DST until final rounds" mantra tends to stick with folks a lot more than "don't draft QBs early," so I tend to try and grab a top kicker and DST early since that's a pretty predictable pattern there. Although there was always that one person who'd draft Seattle DST in like round 8 during the Legion of Boom days.

In a 15 round draft I'll check and see who is taken and who is available starting in round 13 (of a 15 round draft). If it's wide open (say, over half of the league has no kicker or DST) then I'll take the K/DST in 13 and 14 because everyone will start in round 14. This way I will get who I want to start the season with (a streaming DST with 3 or 4 good matchups) instead of getting just an ok streamer that I'll want to ditch after a week or two. You'll still have a bunch of fliers available to you in round 15 because people will take their K/DST then

the real answer is to not draft a kicker or dst if you can help it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I would personally try to see what RB Robby Anderson and/or Michael Crabtree could get you because honestly just that caliber of RB would be immensely more useful to your team

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mahomes is getting drafted with zero discount and I'm here for it to collapse spectacularly

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Keenan Allen is gonna be a top 3-5 WR in PPR if he doesn't die :sludgepal:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1013923920804708352

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Here's a couple interesting stats I dug up for the podcast that you are under no obligation to listen to (because I sound like a frog). These are just in note form

RASHAAD PENNY CAN SUCK AND BE AN RB1/HIGH END RB2
Seattle RBs had a touchdown problem. RBs had 994 yards, one TD rushing, 749 yards, 3 TDs through the air.

League average last year was one TD every 212.5 rec yds for RBs, 1 TD/154 yards rushing. If the Seattle RBs scored TDs at a league average rate, they would have 9.97 TDs (10 TDs). This 6 TD increase accounts for 36 extra fantasy points for the Seattle RBs.

This increased their fantasy points on the season to 271.8. Wrap up 75% of that production into one player and that is 203.85 fantasy points.

That is RB10, between Carlos Hyde (204.5) and Zeke (190.2). All of this is JUST regression, nothing to do with how Penny is better than the flotsam and jetsam they had cobbling together carries last year.

RUN AWAY FROM SHADY
2626 touches, only 32 RBs have touched the ball more than him. Father time is undefeated.

Last 5 to cross 2600 threshold
Matt Forte
Frank Gore
Adrian Peterson
Steven Jackson
LaDainian Tomlinson

Prior to crossing 2600 carries, per 16 games
296 carries, 68 tgts, 50 rec, 1728 yds, 11.1 TDs
Similar to
KAREEM HUNT 2017
MARSHAWN 2012
MATT FORTE 2008
AP 2015

After crossing 2600 carries, per 16 games
Similar to
JOIQUE BELL 2013
FRED JACKSON 2010
232 carries, 53 targets, 37 rec, 1180 yds, 7.45 TDs

Shady will be useful but will be very disappointing. I expect him to be boom and bust..................... 2018's demarco murray

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 6, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hell yeah man congrats!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If CJ Anderson gets 200 carries next year it will be the second time he has been healthy or dependable in his career to get 200 carries in his five year career despite being such a big part of the Broncos game plan along the way that he was a first round fantasy pick at some point HA HA HA

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The more I think about it the more Jimmy Graham's 5th round ADP is............... worrisome.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

2018 Jimmy Graham is going to be extraordinarily touchdown or bust, given that the Packers have a metric crap ton of offensive weapons and that Graham's best talent is shoving players away at the last second for touchdowns at this point.

He has just 6 games over 75 receiving yards over the last 3 seasons. He had none last year, and he had as many games above 50 receiving yards (5) as he had below 10. The 6 games over 75 yards is matched or topped by guys like Gary Barnidge, Eric Ebron and Delanie Walker. He's touchdown or bust at this point and he's going ahead of

edit: and this doesn't get into how the aaron packers have supported three viable receiving options like once

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 9, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Minus one Nelson.

That's why I think he will get used.

Edit: looking at that pic; yeah I can see half a dozen I pick, but if Graham is sitting all alone at tier2 and tier3 being way below him then it's not a ridiculous pick imo.

He's all touchdowns baby. Minus one Nelson is inconsequential because so was Jordy Nelson last year.

This is the third straight season we are trying to talk ourselves into a GB Tight End because Richard Rodgers caught a 61-yard hail mary TD that made him a top-ten TE on the season and Jermichael Finley was good 7 seasons ago.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 9, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

Ah, I see we're on Year 8 of convincing ourselves that Aaron Rodgers gives a poo poo about throwing to TEs

Jermichael Finley was good that one time during Obama's first term man. You gotta believe.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jimmy Graham led the position in touchdowns by 2 (because he was Seattle's de facto goal line back), somehow got so few yards along the way that he managed to only be the fifth-ranked player in 2017, is going to a new offense with infinitely more weapons (including three diverse RBs), and somehow went up by one in ADP.

I will give like 1,000:1 odds someone said the thing about Jermichael Finley vis a vis marty bennett last season too

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Lesean McCoy might have abused his girlfriend to an extent that it kills his career. The photos associated with the allegation are graphic.

edit gently caress just saw the photo removing my snarkiness

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Re: Jimmy Graham discussion, Brandon Lee made a good point on the fantasypros podcast today

Why are we assuming that Aaron Rodgers is going to go away from the number one touchdown scoring wide receiver over the last two seasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Correct he has a full season of Jamaal Williams to fall back on as well.

JG's main skill now is winning 50/50 balls. Rodgers would not be throwing 50/50 balls to make him the de facto run game like Seattle did