Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sataere posted:

Has anyone ever considered making a league where you have to redraft every week? Would that even be feasible?

I've brought it up before but people are usually just snarky about it to me so I dropped it :shrug:

If you want to start one up though I'd love to try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Silly Burrito posted:

Isn't there some sort of draft app where every week you pick five players or so and use those for the week? Thought I heard it on the Fantasy Footballers last season. That might be cool.

Sure but I want a league where nobody else can use my players. Because we drafted them. Like a normal league.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Leperflesh posted:

I guess just random homers, lol.

Good lord, I can't even imagine someone that homer-ish that they though AD was going to be that good on the saints :stare:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Drunk Nerds posted:

Did you ever try the Calvinball league on SA? IT's basically that but contained to a single season. I never did it, but it seems that the consensus was it's fun but being commish is brutally hard because you get tax code levels of rule interactions

The Calvinball league was fun the first year but after that it started getting a little too ridiculous.

Poque posted:

Terrible fantasy league idea:

Multiple drafts, all by position. Before these drafts, you have a draft of draft positions. Prior year order finish (or random draw) determines the draft order for the draft of draft positions.

So the draft order draft might go like....
1st pick takes the 1st pick of the RB draft
2nd pick takes the 1st pick of the QB draft
3rd pick takes the 2nd pick of the RB draft
etc

Then you have the position drafts (not sure what order these would go in, since there is strategy there):
4 round draft of QBs (maybe just 2 round)
6 round draft of RBs
6 round draft of WRs
2 round draft of TEs
2 round draft of DEFs
2 round draft of Ks

After all this garbage is done, everybody creates their roster from the 22 players they've drafted (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 K, 1 DEF, 5 BEN) and drops everybody else.

Maybe I just like drafting too much.

This really just boils down to the same as a regular draft. "Oh the top four RB picks and the first WR pick are off the board, what position should I go for" is basically the same as saying "DJ, Bell, Gurley, Kamara, and Antonio are off the board, who should I pick next?"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Having Fournette and Hunt in what I assume is a Dynasty seems quite nice.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cervixalot posted:

Please do not trade Evans for two pennies, unless there’s some nuance to the deal I am missing.

the nuance is that Evans isn't worth 21% of the cap

Though I'd probably try and ship out some/all of the Crabtree/Benjamin/Robinson bloc instead

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's incredible

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spoeank posted:

Dak is going around kickers and DSTs

That's because in 1QB leagues that's what a qb outside the top 3 or 4 is worth

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Leperflesh posted:

except kickers and D/STs should be taken in the final two rounds of your draft, if you're forced to take them during the draft at all

Sure, and you can add QBs to that and just make it last three

quote:

so your QB1 or evne your QB2 in a 1QB team should be taken before them, always.

lol rostering a QB2

In a league with 25 ypp, bonus points at 300, 400, and 500 yard milestones, -1 int, -1 sack, -2 lost fumbles, the difference between the 4th QB (roethlisberger) and the 12th QB (bort) was ~38 points.

That's like 2.5 points per week (assuming 15 games) between the top third and complete bottom of the "QB1" listing. It's nothing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Obviously you have to adjust your strategy based on your league, yeah. But I generally have a list of QBs I'm happy with I draft one when the list gets down to two or three (unless I know with certainty that nobody will pick another QB). The last couple years I've been able to wait until the last round to do so.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Always let the market decide

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Keeper question for y'all

PPR, 12 teams, bonuses every 100 yards. Pick two

Hopkins (kept in round 2)
OBJ (kept in round 1)
Thielen (kept in round 11)

Currently feeling that Hopkins and Thielen are best route to go.

Each team gets four total keepers but my other two are Gurley and DJ in the 4th/5th and they're easy keeps over all the WRs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kiimo posted:

I dropped Rod Smith who I drafted in case Elliott went down. All Day Purple Jesus come back from the dead please

Hoping for him to rise on the third team?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I ended up with this team in a 12 team PPR league after doing basically zero research before the draft. Picked 7th. Anything in general I should look to shore up?

Sproles was my last pick and was basically because I didn't really know who was worth picking at that point.

The Breida news is pretty nice though, almost picked Morris earlier in the draft but decided to wait and take Breida instead like three rounds later.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

coronaball posted:

This team is a PPR powerhouse. You should be thrilled. You might want to start Goodwin over Woods most weeks, but probably not in Week 1 at Minn.

I was definitely thinking of swapping Goodwin in for the flex but yeah, definitely not against Rhodes

Also thanks for the kind words :shobon:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

I kinda respect the gently caress out of LeVeon for this and am also very glad I don't own him in any league

:same:

also, here is my hilariously stacked 10 team ppr keeper team that I drafted last night

Also featuring bonuses at yardage milestones

yahoo's draft analyzer thinks I should go 14-0

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

Was this a new draft or did you keep anybody coming in? Because Gurley, DJ, and Hopkins are mean enough even without McCaffrey in PPR

They guys with a block K next to their names are keepers.

I think they were uh...rounds 2, 4, 5, and 11 if you start at Hopkins and go down

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ben Nevis posted:

If that's full PPR, I'd honestly consider Brown there.

Assuming you are responding to Gobias I agree, especially with the Bell situation.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gobias Ind. posted:

For posterity, here's my roster from that 12 team PPR league I drafted today:

QB: Ben (Wentz stashed on IR)
WR: Juju, Cooks, Watkins, Lockett (return yards league), Edelman
RB: Kamara, D. Freeman, R. Freeman, Cohen, Booker
TE: Olsen
D/ST: Ravens

Pretty happy with that roster. Thoughts? Yahoo projections are useless, but with the return yard points Lockett is actually my highest projected receiver for the season...snapped him up in the 10th.

alright this is important info that you left out when you were talking about scoring...how many return yards per point?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gobias Ind. posted:

Important to who to take at 3rd overall? Don't think any of them are returning kicks.

It's 20 yards per point.

Yes, actually. Since most kick returners are classified as WRs it makes a positional scarcity difference depending on the settings.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

shirts and skins posted:

That is an absolutely ludicrous trade, Bell might not come back for half the season. I'd never risk that for Kamara.

The guy trading for Bell is clearly banking on him coming back sooner :shrug:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Goodwin went knee to knee with a Vikings D-lineman and was down for a while before hobbling off the field

e: quad injury, phew

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 9, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gobias Ind. posted:

From the sit/start thread:

:thunk:

This is my favorite post in the thread

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello friends. I picked up Goff to replace Jimmy G in both my leagues without asking the thread if I should pick him up over such players as Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan (in one league) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (in another).

I'm pretty happy about that right now.

Also the Vikings defense without Griffen is not going to get much better so until we know when he's coming back I wouldn't hold out hopes for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

weird Asian candy posted:

^ Team A

Nuk > TY
Drake > Collins
Hogan is about to be washed out with Edelman and Gordon

Does it piss off anyone else when you propose a trade and the other team just sits on it? Doesn't accept. Doesn't reject. Doesn't do...anything...annoys the piss outta me :argh:

This is actually the one thing I like about ESPN more than Yahoo, they have an option you can check when you send a trade to auto-revoke the offer after X days.