Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
To avoid obvious tedious jokes the useless things should not be people, please.

Post ways you made some useless thing useful.

For example, I got a bunch of these stupid cup things from a daily deal site's "get random stuff we didn't sell, cheap" bag. As the Amazon reviews show, these things are 100% not useful for their given purpose, but I discovered you can use them as essentially small tupperware by putting things in the silicone cup and then cramming the metal cup over the top of it. It forms a secure, airtight seal. I'm pretty sure if they'd made this same product a little wider and shallower and marketed it as being for carrying dog snacks (with built-in water bowl!) they could sell it for twice as much, rather than failing to sell it for $10. It's also the exact right size to put a drink can in, so it also works as a super fancy can-coozy.

Also fair game for this thread; if you have a useless thing that you genuinely think could be useful, but you can't figure out how, ask for suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rump buttman

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

I found myself a horseshoe and it hasn’t brought me a lick of luck

how the heck do I fix it?

please help me. rump likes betting on the hounds and can’t go through another bankruptcy

Manifisto

rump buttman posted:

I found myself a horseshoe and it hasn’t brought me a lick of luck

how the heck do I fix it?

please help me. rump likes betting on the hounds and can’t go through another bankruptcy

I feel like this is obvious

whatever the horseshoe tells you to do, do the opposite

for example, if it tells you to bet on the hounds, try not betting on the hounds

ty nesamdoom!

rump buttman

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Manifisto posted:

try not betting on the hounds

no

the unabonger
I posted in this thread

killer crane

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

you can go on fortnite with your cross country buds, but instead of playing the awful game you can use it to chat, and build friends for together.

Peg Sliderskew
Dog poo into grass compost via a wormery! Bonus is you also get to order worms online and have them delivered in a little packet and make your husband shudder when he sees them writing around on his desk.

ETA I mean writhing, but leaving it as is because writing? Desk? Yeah?

Courtesy of Manifisto

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
Instead of throwing plastic bottles away I'll sometimes re-use them by filling them with tap water

Speaking of worms you can also turn them into a simple terrarium for worms by putting some worms and dirt into them

Chasterson fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 1, 2018

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

I saw somebody with a really neat plastic bagel holder and thought to myself "you know, you could actually store cds or dvds in there! that spindle in the middle is probably just the perfect size!"

• Locked thread