Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

naem posted:

Now they're beating up extras in red plastic suits

Oh man they're going to sword fight yeah ok

Why aren't unmanned "jump to light speed" missiles a thing then, seems effective plus you don't have to kill Laura dern

Last Jedi was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

naem posted:

More last Jedi chat: oscar issac is a Hispanic guy whose answer to every problem is violence and shooting people. benicio del toro is a Hispanic guy in prison who's really dirty and good at stealing things. What a progressive movie.

Also there's a dumpy Asian girl who is our new best friend because we met her 12 minutes ago and she said the word "resistance."

We know that we're supposed to have "feelings" because the music changes, also there are animals who are our friends

Leia is another white bitch with daddy issues bfd

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mnoba posted:

i can't unsee the game of thrones chick getting pounded on from behind whenever she is in films like this

I don't even recognize her

naem
May 29, 2011

Now they're on a desert planet somehow

Everything is red

There is a random assortment of things happening

Lasers
Ship
Walker
Chewbaca is here?
Animal
Other animal
Lasrers
EEEEEERRRDWRAAWWEEER
evil English guy

The Asian girl is named rose I just figured that out, now I hope she doesn't blow up

naem
May 29, 2011

Mark hammil just walks into the room full of characters I know and care about, such as

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If Han Solo: a Star Wars story isn't about the time he made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs I'm not going to see it.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i seriously like adam driver's take on the emotionally stunted villain thing, and it's the only thing the new trilogy has going for it.

Rose is loving awful, what they're doing with finn is loving awful. PORG poo poo is loving awful. What they did to Luke was loving lazy and dirty and Mark Hamill knows it as much as anyone else.

the force awakens kinda had to be a boring re-establishing setup, the followup could have been so much better.

But no, actually it turns out Rogue One is the only tolerable thing they've done with star wars so far, and the placement of the story inside existing continuity and making it about the death star and literally ending it seconds before ANH was so loving stupid!!!!!

the han solo movie might carry the tradition of the side-story being better than the main trilogy. i hope so. i like star wars' and if TLJ is an indication of what disney ultimately wants out of star wars, well things are gonna get dire.

naem
May 29, 2011

Luke skywalker evaporated millennial faclcon the end™®©

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i like the porgs

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the porg thing to me was the same as shoving a sapient mountain dew can into the screen like this blobby cute thing cheap to produce easy to sell and i cannot overcome that cynicism for even a moment to appreciate the idiot bird thing even for star wars it felt fuckin' forced.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

basic hitler posted:

sapient mountain dew can

the preferred nomenclature is astromech droid tyvm

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i wanna see a rated R ultra violent movie set between A New Hope and Revenge of the Sith which is just 2 hours of Darth Vader hunting down and brutally murdering Jedi

that's all i want from this dead franchise

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
like some fool comes out duel wielding sabers some fanboys wank dream and Vader lols and just does the Force crush from that RTS game (the one you can normally only do on vehicles) and gibs him into pieces

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

i wanna see a rated R ultra violent movie set between A New Hope and Revenge of the Sith which is just 2 hours of Darth Vader hunting down and brutally murdering Jedi

Hello, 13 year old me

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

Tarantino is slated to direct the next Star Trek film.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Jedi ip man was pretty cool, make a prequel about him or something

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Moridin920 posted:

dead franchise

dead franchise you say

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
ANH, holiday special and ESB are the true original trilogy and everything else that has been or might be made is trash

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

actually the ewok movies are classic

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gazpacho posted:

ANH, holiday special and ESB are the true original trilogy and everything else that has been or might be made is trash

I didn't see Return of the Jedi until I was in my 20s and believed Star Wars was a duology for much of my formative years.

In retrospect I had an almost idyllic childhood.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

luke's black outfit is rad as gently caress and it makes up for a lot of the problems with rotj

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

basic hitler posted:

luke's black outfit is rad as gently caress and it makes up for a lot of the problems with rotj

Someday they will remake RotJ and the scene where the Super Star Destroyer crashes into the surface of the Death Star II will feature proper physics instead of an obvious model with fireworks in it.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
someday the star wars fan cult will fade and the series will be remembered about as well as police academy

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

havnt seen any of these star wars movies everyone talks about

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gazpacho posted:

someday the star wars fan cult will fade and the series will be remembered about as well as police academy

In time, all things will fade. The wheel of time turns, and what was once history will be remembered only as legend.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Im just hoping for some sweet games of sabacc. Idiots array bitches!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Some day this star wars gonna end.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I fear our children and our children's children will still be watching the Star Wars sequels that our generation started.

naem
May 29, 2011

I kinda hope we stop remaking stuff from the last century at some point ever

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

naem posted:

I kinda hope we stop remaking stuff from the last century at some point ever
when are we gonna get a sequel to Marry Poppins FFS????

edit: lol i meant that as a joke but check this out haha

quote:

A sequel titled Mary Poppins Returns, directed by Rob Marshall is scheduled to be released on December 25, 2018.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i didnt see the last movie, was it good

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Maybe it will be dark and gritty with chimney sweeps suffocated and burned alive.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

when are we gonna get a sequel to Marry Poppins FFS????

edit: lol i meant that as a joke but check this out haha

"Even though it's billed as a sequel, director Rob Marshall has said in interviews that Mary Poppins Returns will be a "soft reboot" of the franchise that will redefine established elements of the Mary Poppins universe while still retaining the emotional core that has captivated fans for generations."

naem
May 29, 2011

I want a grimdark Mary poppins cinematic universe

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

naem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afam2nIae4o

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

naem posted:

The first one was set in 1910 so the next 35 years after that are pretty grimdark I imagine.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
John C. Reiley will play Darren, the endearingly naieve chimney sweep who Burt (Dick Van Dyke in his final theatrical appearance) has appointed as his successor.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Solo looks fun and will probably be better than TLJ.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Laterite posted:

Solo looks fun and will probably be better than TLJ.

That’s a pretty low bar. It’s like saying that eating at Olive Garden is better than tonsillitis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i am not going to pay to see no star war ever again

• Locked thread