Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Dynamo finally figured things out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I can all but guarantee the Houston - LA game will not end 2-1.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I’m so tired of this crap.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I’m counting our Blessings.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Lol we have no business being champions of anything this year.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

So many Latin American flags wrapped around players on the stage to lift the US Open Cup. Then as they take the trophy for a lap around the stadium, the music blaring over the stadium speakers is a mariachi cover of "We Are The Champions"

Sometimes I love my city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I don't even want to be a Montreal-esque surprise. Houston has its own pedigree in CCC and CCL. We were the first MLS team to get a result in Mexico back in 2008 and , had the away goals rule been in effect during CCC, we would have beaten one of the best teams in Mexican league history in Pachuca in 2007. Cominic Kinnear placed very little priority on international games (and US Open Cup games for that matter). I'm excited to see what a team full of Central and South American players are capable of with a coach who is interested in making a proper run at this tournament.

• Locked thread