Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ferremit posted:

Problem on this bunch of them was the loving sulphur crested cockatoos got bored and started to pull our shelters and furniture apart, and didnt stop till we blew one of the bastards up with a 12 gauge.

It's crazy how that works when nothing else does, I once had a problem with Grackles infesting a tree in my back yard and nothing worked to keep them away until I accidentally killed one and they never came back.

Pet Island would have a field day with anyone shooting a cockatoo tho because they are loveable pests... i mean pets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Cockatoos are awesome. A better solution would have been sacrificing fingats to them until they left.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

What the gently caress, crown vic?!

That's the price to pay for the monstrous ~240hp you get out of the modular V8

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

That's the price to pay for the monstrous ~240hp you get out of the modular V8

My Scion xB is quicker off the line than our Crown Vic was lol.

I love Vics but that's the killer, horrible mileage with ho-hum performance out of that motor.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I was getting 18-22, but recently a bit of driving has been just short trips. Used to commute 30 miles, now I bike mostly.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

My Scion xB is quicker off the line than our Crown Vic was lol.

I love Vics but that's the killer, horrible mileage with ho-hum performance out of that motor.

There's not a lot of good that you can say about the Yaris, but they're surprisingly quick under 30mph and really hard to kill

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I was getting 18-22, but recently a bit of driving has been just short trips. Used to commute 30 miles, now I bike mostly.

They do decent on the highway but are worthless for city driving really.

Hell my xB is used strictly for city driving and gets low 20's.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

See that's a fine excuse to build em into drag monsters, you're getting garbage economy anyway so embrace it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

A minor project has stalled because I've snapped most of my small drill bits (one into my thumb) and I've come across an issue with my rivets - some of them have snapped 75% of the way up the shaft, just too low for the gun to grab them. I've used a bunch from this pack already without issue, any ideas?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

A minor project has stalled because I've snapped most of my small drill bits (one into my thumb) and I've come across an issue with my rivets - some of them have snapped 75% of the way up the shaft, just too low for the gun to grab them. I've used a bunch from this pack already without issue, any ideas?
Do you mean they're coming out the pack short and unusable (manufacturing defect), or in use are snapping in the shank rather than at the necking like they should?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

cakesmith handyman posted:

Screwfix sell cheap HSS bits in 10 packs

also - I've just finished with your worktop jig. I think that may be a record for on of my quickest 'big' house projects.. Completed in less time than it took you to scrap a Multipla!

Tomarse fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 30, 2018

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Do you mean they're coming out the pack short and unusable (manufacturing defect), or in use are snapping in the shank rather than at the necking like they should?

Snapping in the shank, I can't see any defects on the others in the pack.

Tomarse posted:

Screwfix sell cheap HSS bits in 10 packs

also - I've just finished with your worktop jig. I think that may be a record for on of my quickest 'big' house projects.. Completed in less time than it took you to scrap a Multipla!

Toolstation too, I'll grab a bunch of 0.5 to 5mm tomorrow, I could do with some 4.8mm too.
E: Screwfix have a 150 piece erbauer set of 1-> 6mm for £25, that'll do pig.

Thats fair, a lot quicker than its taking me to finish the patio too!

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 30, 2018

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'd ditch them and get some different ones, sounds like you've got a bad batch. Are the ones that have snapped short tight enough?

If you have any adjustment in your riveter, you may be able to get it to clamp up a little earlier and still get purchase on the stump?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

What the gently caress, crown vic?!

Mine varies a bit, but I've never got less than 15.2 MPG out of my Crown Vic.
Usually in the 16-17 range, 18-19s if I go visit my parents or somewhere else with highway travel. I generally drive city streets/traffic. I'd like to take a long highway trip just to see if it'll top 20 on a tank.
I love my V8 couch, but if I end up with any kind of longer commute, I'm going to have to change cars. Like maybe an LS400... hey, at least it's smaller. Hell, a Tahoe would probably get better gas mileage. It would at least have more HP. Probably shorter length, too.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Darchangel posted:

Hell, a Tahoe would probably get better gas mileage. It would at least have more HP. Probably shorter length, too.

Yup. My 6.0l Escalade gets 13 in town and 18 on the freeway. I thought that was pretty terrible, but hell, now it sounds pretty good!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Let me teach you this one weird trick to getting 20% more miles per gallon in any vehicle! :britain:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
12 is the absolute worst I've ever had, but as you can see from the pic, 14-16 has been the norm recently.

I wonder if the ECU resets have had anything to do with it? I have a locking gas cap.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
5 years of SRT-4 data. Truly mixed city freeway.

Not much on the Escape. 99% city, I live 6 miles from work and walk most everywhere that isn't work.

I really wish this app didn't seperate my cost per gallon charts between cars so just pretend they are next to each other and scaled the same. but that's about 7 years of data between the two

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 30, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Solo was...alright. A nice heist movie. Not the second coming or anything, but a lot better than TLJ.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

So, my new favorite thing is those little round USB magnetic charging ports. I have a lot of devices with micro USB ports that are kinda loose (and I don't want to open them), or just oriented strangely. Plus, with school, I like leaving a lot of stuff in the backpack and just plugging a cable in.

Converting to those round USB ports has been a godsend. I bought maybe 10 sets off of aliexpress for $2/apiece a few months ago, and converted everything in the house to them. Wireless headphones, my cellphone, Nintendo Switch controllers, charging pads, the Surface 3, my external power bank (that has 2 inputs because it's a 26800mAh battery that takes forever to charge otherwise), the school tablet, the BT keyboard for the school tablet, etc. Everything is now a universal, round port! With dropbox and other storage solutions, I don't ever need to plug a USB cable in for data transfer anymore, either, unless it's like an arduino for programming.

At the end of the day, I just dangle four charging cables into my open backpack's maw, and they almost always just click into the tablet, keyboard, and both power bank ports without having to fiddle with anything. I'm living in the future by regressing to the past!

A few buddies at school noticed, and wanted them for themselves. One of them gave me a starbucks giftcard for helping him with loading the textbooks onto his tablet, and the other is just a nice dude. So I offered to pick them up a few. However, from aliexpress or the Chinese ebay listings, they take like a month to arrive, so I started sorting ebay listings by 'US Only' in location.

A lot* of US sellers have them listed at near-China prices, like $2 apiece. These clog up pages and pages of the "sort by price" listings. However, when you actually go into the listing, there is a plethora of cable length, connector type, and color options. All options combined, there are over 500 combinations on each listing, or thereabouts. HOWEVER, 499 of those listings will all be for $8 on up, which is on par with other US sellers. Only ONE of the option combinations will be the $2 price, always listed as "last one", and when you try to add it to your ebay cart it almost always fails. But not always, just almost always. They're scamming the ebay listings by showing a lower price on one option to get to the top of the sort.

While I'm not exactly flush with cash at the moment, especially after the bike crash and stuff, I do have a few spare dollarydoos after the monthly insurance bill (thanks D!) to try to get one up on them. So, I went through, found out which option is the low-priced one (always "Micro USB, Rose Gold, 1m length" and either "for HTC M7" or "ONLY FOR OPPO X1"), and put 9 sets, $18 worth, in my cart and checked out.

* Even though all 9 are allegedly from different sellers, all with more than 10k positive feedback in the last year or two, all nine emails I received confirming the order (with the personal message) were identical. All nine said the same thing. I also received a tracking number, which is the same for all nine orders.

gently caress ebay.

This piqued my curiosity so I just picked one up that had "one left" for $2.09. Will be worth it to see if they try to pull something like that with my order and they look kinda neat to play with.

Solo was...alright. A nice heist movie. Not the second coming or anything, but a lot better than TLJ.

Saw it with my wife last night. Pretty decent Star War. Donald Glover is a spot-on young Lando.

fake edit: :lol: just got an email from the seller with hilariously bad grammar:

ebay seller posted:

Dear <Magnus Praeda>;

Thanks for your payment,we will arrange the shipment for u in 48 hours (no included weekend and international holidays). Then we inform u for the shipping information when the item is sent out to u.

Pls reply the message directly if you have any problem for the item.

Thank you.

best regards
<ebay seller>

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

, but a lot better than TLJ.

This isn't hard to do.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Magnus Praeda posted:

fake edit: :lol: just got an email from the seller with hilariously bad grammar:

hmmmm

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have been offered a position that upon completion of training will pay me more than twice my retail wage and full benefits. I can't believe I stayed at that stupid store for so long.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I really wish this app didn't seperate my cost per gallon charts between cars so just pretend they are next to each other and scaled the same. but that's about 7 years of data between the two

Hit search, then check multiple cars.

Though oddly mine seems to be not taking $/gal from the CRV.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

:crossarms:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
So, Fallout 76?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

InitialDave posted:

So, Fallout 76?

Yep, it'll be a new game. Only time until :majorminor:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Hit search, then check multiple cars.

Though oddly mine seems to be not taking $/gal from the CRV.

Mind. Blown.

I want to ask you how long that feature has been there but then again I don't want to because I'm sure the answer is "a long time" and I'm retarded.

:negative:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Can anyone from the RADL contingent confirm how much a completely bare FD shell weighs?

Seminal Flu posted:

Yep, it'll be a new game. Only time until :majorminor:
The rumour is it'll be multiplayer/online. Lot of people trying to dig out potential hints from the trailer and references to the vault in previous games.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333

lmao gently caress that noise forever

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Oh good, it's the most tedious part of Fallout 4 turned into a full release, and then thrown into an online environment. I'm sure it'll be just as fun and well regarded as Elder Scrolls Online

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Elmnt80 posted:

Cockatoos are awesome. A better solution would have been sacrificing fingats to them until they left.

Cockatoos are nothing more than a screaming pair of bolt cutters with wings that won’t die for 85 loving years. This furniture has no nutritional value- in fact the wood was chosen BECAUSE bugs and fungus won’t eat it! So this was just them being shits and destroying it for fun.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ferremit posted:

Cockatoos are nothing more than a screaming pair of bolt cutters with wings that won’t die for 85 loving years. This furniture has no nutritional value- in fact the wood was chosen BECAUSE bugs and fungus won’t eat it! So this was just them being shits and destroying it for fun.
All Australian wildlife operates on a "because gently caress you" principle.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Door Frame posted:

Oh good, it's the most tedious part of Fallout 4 turned into a full release, and then thrown into an online environment. I'm sure it'll be just as fun and well regarded as Elder Scrolls Online

just needs a battle royale component and we've reached peak poo poo trifecta

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

iwentdoodie posted:

God drat do I hate sinus colds.

Like I feel fine, other than I can't breathe and I'm constantly blowing like 4" thick wads of snot out of my nose.

Time for some spicy poo poo, I guess. Just going to mainline a couple reapers and pray.

Same - I spent most of the day Monday outside, most of the evening pacing the floor because I couldn't breathe. Most of the day Tuesday popping Mucinex and blowing green and yellow snot with the consistency of rubber cement out my nose

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

We are living in a golden age of cars friends. Watching Kaker’s import stuff thread and seeing a 28k mike 596whp Shelby GT500 go for just $20750 on bring a trailer today it is a good time to be an automotive enthusiast.

Unless you have nostalgia for 80’s imports and fox bodies. Those are expensive right now.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Goober Peas posted:

Same - I spent most of the day Monday outside, most of the evening pacing the floor because I couldn't breathe. Most of the day Tuesday popping Mucinex and blowing green and yellow snot with the consistency of rubber cement out my nose

Took mucinex, it just turned it from blowing my nose to hacking up balls of snot like a gumball machine.

Ate a 2x spicy ramen and a habanero. Sinuses flooded, I could breathe for about 20 minutes, and now right back where I was.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
The solution, then, is more habanero.
Or alternate with something like horseradish or wasabi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

QuarkMartial posted:

The solution, then, is more habanero.
Or alternate with something like horseradish or wasabi.

Someone give this man a medical degree.

• Locked thread