Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Comstar posted:

So CBA committed 1000's of crimes on Terrorism and Drug Money Laundering, and their penalty is to given a book report to read. Also, the man in charge of the arm of the bank, is now in charge of the Bank, a clear promotion for a job well done. The Market rewarded them too (which presumably is going to his bonus as well).

Why do you hate job creators and innovators so much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

Get back in the salt mines

That's it, I'm calling the Business Council of Australia!

*runs off crying*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

*connects to VPN*

*resumes posting*

If it's online it's logged.

If you want true freedom do all your anti establishment talk then hang out in a beer garden where you're probably safe. Plus you know, beer.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Just make sure to style your hair into a neon mohawk, carry at least 3 burner laptops at all times and always wear your spiked leather jacket and sunglasses - even at night. Especially at night.

Tell all your friends to only refer to you from now on as Hackerman / Hackerwoman. Or any two random words thrown together with either a "77" or "666" at the end of them.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's ok. They can drink their own piss to stay hydrated.

I'm pretty sure I learned that from watching Waterworld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6_oEmG7DzU (vaguely NWS for offscreen pissing?)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jonah Galtberg posted:

goons: talk tough about sugar taxes, fat people
also goons: spend pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages talking about food and democracy sausages and beetroot on burgers and nandos and oportos

If you check out a food pyramid you'll see delicious meats are on a lower tier than sugary teeth rotters for diabetic enthusiasts.

This seemed like the most appropriate website to draw a URL from:

https://www.popsugar.com.au/fitness/photo-gallery/35475082/image/35475108/new-look-food-pyramid

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Don Dongington posted:

Here's an idea,

Lets gently caress off council elections and make local governments public servants who we can sack when we identify corruption

Sure the Liberals won't do it, but it'll stop half the countries councils being run by rent seeking shitheels

Hate to be the one to break this to you but the entire lower tier of government is universally corrupt to the core.

Corrupt as gently caress, one might say if pressed for words of eloquence.

It's all jobs for relos, deals for mates and exploits with inside information.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Don Dongington posted:

Where we're at is basically most of the bad aspects of communism without the wealth sharing bits

Gotcha

Yes and we're on a trajectory towards feudal land owners and serfs only without the caring for your serfs part.

You won't think that's a funny thing to say in a couple decades.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm shocked the catholic church is full of hypocritical individuals with sex on the brain.

Shocked I tell you.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Whitlam posted:

I'm an ACU grad ama.

Every room (at least at the Melbourne campus) has a cross in it and one time my friend was discussing her anaemia and was unironically told to pray about it.

Did the praying help?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Red wine and fava beans.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NTRabbit posted:

lol like a conservative gives a poo poo if they're forced to cut music and the arts from public schools, they shouldn't teaching anything but rote learned Math, English, Religious Education, and loyalist imperial white Australian history

"Sir why does our history book start at 1913?"

*Teacher smiles broadly*

"Well after the first fleet landed nothing much happened until then."

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

Listening to ABC AM this morning and some lady is claiming with 100% seriousness that it is possible to live on 40 dollars a day if you just cut down on avocado and coffee.

I don't know why more people don't ring in to radio stations using false names claiming this. Seems an easy way to generate outrage.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

screaden posted:

lol, be older bob

speaking of

Hmm I feel like listening to Power again this evening.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Peccadillo posted:

It's pretty cute that the first big rear end villain of these Disney movies is some nerd who hyperventilates about Third World birthrates, so he can gently caress the grim reaper

"You Avengers don't understand, there won't be enough car parks for everyone!" - Thanos

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Thanos has the right ideas.

Everyone who opposes him is simply a negatively geared slumlord/lady.

Yes I'm talking about you Mr Tony Stark. Plus your Avenger friends. I know you spend all your hero wages to fund real estate investments while talking out the other side of your mouths about "saving the world".

More like saving your investment yield due to housing demand.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Paingod556 posted:

Got a mate working (8 hour shifts, no breaks, 11 days in a row) at Aldi, I checked RAFFWU and they seem to recommend the National Union of Workers. He hasn't contacted them yet AFAIK, so can't give any opinions

Your friend is working in an industry where the dominant industrial agreements are negotiated on behalf of the employer, not the worker. Good luck.

http://www.sda.org.au/resources/enterprise-agreements/

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Peccadillo posted:

The Avengers are a seemingly for profit private military, they are constantly at best:
loving reprehensible

Who does Sam Jackson report to? No human informed democracy, that's a given

I like how the moral of the story learned from Avengers: Civil War is that the very idea of accountability for "collateral damage" (aka killing random innocents) is bad and wrong.

I may be going off topic now. This isn't the RLM thread.

Something something the Onion Knight is a crybaby who can't take criticism.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Milky Moor posted:

remember how winter soldier was like 'btw there are super nazis in all the world governments' and then nothing happened with that

such continuity

Hydra did nothing wrong.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

this broken hill posted:

comic books suck and comic book movies suck

Woah.

It's mostly the Marvel and Image comics that suck. The DC ones and various indie projects still churn out some quality.

Movies? *non committal shrug*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Why is saying something "sucks" not the same as saying something is "gay"?

Gay means happy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bandaid.friend posted:

Why would libertarians be unhappy with someone who's managed to figure out how to charge for having work done. I mean if she can convince someone to take the offer that's just ~the free market at work~ right

"The free market is great. Oh no someone stole all my buttcoins, government please intervene and save me." - A libertarian

To answer your question it's because the cogs in their brain are missing some teeth.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ewe2 posted:

New Daily surveyed MPs about whether they could live on Newstart or had ever lived on benefits:

Well it looks like we can be sure of one thing all Liberals can agree on.

The taste of dining with sterling silver spoons.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

this broken hill posted:

"these daft cunts aren't qualified to run a chook pen. vote greens"

The voters are also daft. Checkmate.

After 30 more years of constant LNP/IPA rule Australia resembles Mad Max.

Lord Potato who rules from his AFP fortress in the desert with the only fresh water source turns his loudspeaker on once per day to issue an edict to the hungry and thirsty masses teeming around outside the walls, desperate for salvation.

"Labor's fault!"

*desperate mob cheers wildly*

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:43 on May 4, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NTRabbit posted:

Australian Greens, champions of the neo-Liberal centre

*has flashbacks to the Australian Democrats (who? says anyone young) and the introduction of GST*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
None of us are ever going to retire :toot:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/may/04/pension-age-hike-will-force-thousands-of-elderly-australians-on-to-newstart

https://theconversation.com/factcheck-is-australia-on-track-to-have-the-oldest-pension-age-in-the-developed-world-72567

(of course this is only a problem because it might affect some boomers)

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 4, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

drunkill posted:

so the future of australia.

first fulltime job at 30, retire at 70

Die of health issues before 70 because of 40-50 years of full time casual shift work.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The scientific name is "wank".

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Crazy people try to shake bad reputation of being crazy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

tithin posted:

In the old internet days, the furries were a target of ridicule because their sexual fetish was absurd.

These days it is tame in comparison to the poo poo that people loudly and vocally get off to.

Simultaneously, as we've gotten older, we've realised that who really gives a gently caress what people get off to so long as the people they're doing it with are consensual.

Trans people are fine

Furries are fine

ACAB

I recall much mirth and laughter from many people when this happened http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2864415/Chlorine-gas-leak-sickens-19-furry-convention.html

Obviously this torch should be taken up by a Hollywood Redditor celebrity with a UN speech angry blog post.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Wait I should have said Tumblr. Couldn't remember what that thing was called.

Oh a new page. Well enjoy discussing how crazy people who gently caress in fur suits think it's normal and mainstream.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BBJoey posted:

posting is a passion shared by both 4chan and something awful. makes you think

And Stormfront / Fetlife.

Ahem. I assume. :gonk:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gucci bane posted:

how the gently caress did none of you post this image from that abc article about furries?

the smirnoff bottle, the paddington bear smoking framed photo, the cigar box, the fedora, a TYPE WRITER, A lovely $20 PLASTIC GLOBE, A PRINTED OUT PINNED A3 MAP OF GTA VICE CITY

Is that... is that a young Barnaby?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

The Turnbull government has unveiled a plan to recover billions of dollars being lost to federal coffers from a combination of undetected tobacco imports, illegal tobacco crops known as "chop chop" and a thriving black market in stolen, untaxed cigarettes.

Revenue and Financial Services Minister Kelly O'Dwyer said a flourishing illegal trade was costing taxpayers billions while the proceeds were going on to fund other criminal activities.

This sounds like complete nonsense.

Based on the LNP/IPA track record of announcements this is a case of [citation needed] for any claims they make.

On anything really.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Resident Idiot posted:

Never mind the avocado, are you spending too much on getting fit to get a home loan?

https://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/are-you-exercising-your-way-out-of-a-home-loan-20180502-p4zcyz.html

Surely this has peaked now?

Not yet. They haven't started complaining about millennials daring to buy new clothes instead of getting everything from second hand stores & charities.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

aejix posted:

Well if i have to choose between changing the design, getting the design verified, paying the extra material costs, training my workshop staff to assemble the new design, and passing the cost on to the consumer

OR

A bunch of kids get mashed up underneath my product

Then quite frankly the kids are going to continue to be ground into a paste. Its just simple business and i am a job creator

The wheels of progress are greased with the blood of the unworthy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
*shoves budget papers in oven*

*breathes deeply*

Mmm, they smell good don't they.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

President Dutton for life.

I'll stop calling him the potato king just in case he goes full Erdogan and starts rounding up people who don't salute his portraits or whatever.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Labor were smart and brave to pass evil Dutton KGB bill.

Greens bad for opposing it. Literal children that won't form government.

I completely agree, fellow Australian citizen who will also not be purged because we are completely loyal to President Dutton.

All hail President Dutton for life!

*salutes portrait on wall*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kommando posted:

Stop calling adults under 30 "kids" you bastards.

Everyone younger than you is a kid.

Now you know.

• Locked thread