Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

bell jar posted:

I can definitely get on board with cheaper healthy produce, i could get on board with govt regulations ensuring that fast food serves don't exceed a given caloric amount. i could definitely get on board with ensuring that companies don't misrepresent their serving sizes on nutritional labels, and make them list the nutritional content of the entire packet, etc

They already do dumb stuff to get around this. Look at any large chocolate bar and there is always "share" or "family" or other thing that is basically telling you it's not meant to be eaten by one person. That way you get to market it as two or three serves and anyone who actually bothers to look at the nutritional information has to also notice how many serves they are eating. Chunky Kit Kats are the worst offender I've noticed, as it's actually three servings.

ewe2 posted:

I mean it's getting ridiculous, there's so much sugar in homebrand minced garlic that I'm not sure what they're going for, it's certainly not about garlic.

My bottle has 4g per 100g, which doesn't seem excessive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

DancingShade posted:

If you check out a food pyramid you'll see delicious meats are on a lower tier than sugary teeth rotters for diabetic enthusiasts.

Most food pyramids are less than ideal, although also most westerners diets would improve even if they followed a bad one.

Like how they say you should eat more cheese than healthy fats, or put legumes in the same place as vegetables.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Black Mirror is supposed to be troubling, but it's a lot less troubling than someone watching Nosedive and taking notes to run their country.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

"what it does have to do with is a population that is going through the roof, and the fact that space is not as navigable as it used to be "

- Thanos on why it took so many sequels to get here

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

such continuity

Why did the one good character from Michael Bay's Transformers have an unexplained name change?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

i don't know how to put this gently but shia lebeouf and mark wahlberg were not playing the same character

:aaaaa:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

bell jar posted:

joe hockey voice: just move somewhere more affordable and get a job

Also Joe Hockey voice: Poor people don't own cars.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I'm surprised to see Chris Kenny still writing for Aunty.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Cleretic posted:

And I personally don't mind furries at this point, compared to a lot of other internet subcultures.

quote:

“It’s obviously not a swastika,” claims Foxler – who also insists his furry name is a portmanteau of “Fox” and his real surname, “Miller”, not “Hitler”, as many online argue. Foxler says he first began wearing the armband – which features a paw print in place of a swastika – after he dropped out of high school and started playing the online role-playing game Second Life, in which the band was available as a character accessory.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Lid posted:

The Turnbull government has unveiled a plan to recover billions of dollars being lost to federal coffers from a combination of undetected tobacco imports, illegal tobacco crops known as "chop chop" and a thriving black market in stolen, untaxed cigarettes.

Revenue and Financial Services Minister Kelly O'Dwyer said a flourishing illegal trade was costing taxpayers billions while the proceeds were going on to fund other criminal activities.

This sounds like complete nonsense.

If there was a flourishing black market of cigarettes, literally nobody would buy them anywhere else.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Resident Idiot posted:

Surely this has peaked now?

Always more, always worse.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

drunkill posted:

Not sure what suburban bottlenecks are, roads I assume.

It's a real bad issue in Brisbane at least. Basically over time your poo poo areas people bought in the 80's that were considered miles from the city are now a lot more desirable, leading to denser housing and no more lanes being constructed. So you get these random peak hour hell zones because the roads were built to accommodate a small group and never altered.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I like that it links to an article that says this

quote:

Hundreds of employees will be back-paid close to $100,000 after almost half of randomly selected businesses in WA's South West and Perth's south ignored workers' rights.

:tif:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

snoremac posted:

Andrew Bolt: Don’t Marxists realize that he stole the whole “help those in poverty” idea from Jesus Christ?

I've never seen Jesus and Marx in the same room. Makes u think.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Early Surplus my dick.

No goddamn way.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I didn't need this.

Nobody needed this.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

For those who are unaware, Rockhampton has made the bold choice to decorate their town with anatomically correct statues of bulls that are then brightly painted.

I like to think in preparation they also reattached all of the pairs of testicles that are periodically removed by drunk bogans.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Anidav posted:

Malaysia's opposition alliance led by the country's former authoritarian ruler Mahathir Mohamad has won a majority in parliament, ending the 60-year rule of the National Front.

Oh joy. Another Dictator.

This is the first time the Malaysian government has changed hands since independence, in 1963.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

All those middle aged battlers getting sacked unfairly, unlike young people with their steady and secure employment.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

As someone who works in an industry that is a risk for armed robbery here's what you do when someone tries to rob you:

1) Everything they want
2) Any variation on the above point is wrong

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

bell jar posted:

labour: somehow not a market where people are judged on their skill and competency

Which is why I, a skilled and competent worker in my field get paid highaahahaaa aaaAAAHAAAHA

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Operating modern tills requires almost no actual calculations. The exception being fucks who pay in accumulated spare change from their car from the last five years.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

If Labor wins who gets put in charge of Dutton's superministry.

Dutton, via coup.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

The working title of Brazil was 1984 1/2.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

The Peccadillo posted:

What're the arguments against assisted suicide from the disability community? I can't remember

I'm not well versed on it, but noted excellent person Liz Carr wrote a fairly nuanced article about this topic

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/09/legalising-assisted-dying-dangerous-for-disabled-not-compassionate

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Anidav posted:

Anyone else find it weird that the high court lets Canavan off the hook and then proceeds to gently caress over every Labor member the LNP refers to them?

You've been posting too long here to be this naive.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I think euthanasia should be legal, but you also know the minute it is some gently caress is gonna chuck a KPI on it.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Whitlam posted:

Ban all men.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

drunkill posted:

it'll be cool having all the US gun nuts bring up this murder suicide whenever Australia and gun reform is mentioned in the future.

If you're comparing america to any other culture regarding guns you're a lost cause anyway.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Isn't Ludlam still a Kiwi?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Robodog posted:

My local one just says flat out you can't lodge a whole bunch of poo poo in person anymore so bugger off and do it at home online.

I had to come in for one specific thing (before I got my 5 Austudy payments of $0.00 and got it automatically cancelled).

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Anidav posted:

I will flip my poo poo if the ALP wins Ryan due to the LNP dumping the local member for no reason.

ALP will never win Ryan.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

How is that even legal.

I mean, all of it, but specifically deliberately and forcibly ignoring the health advice.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Starshark posted:

Why the gently caress is this guy on terrorism charges - are we a nation of morons?

It's a mystery, for sure, why Mr Khan is facing terrorism charges.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Just lol that anyone involved actually cares about animal welfare.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Sign the do not call registry and report anyone who calls you

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I was lukewarm when I found out they were helping fund ISIS but this is the Last Straw.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Don Dongington posted:

If you feel so strongly about an English kid with a guitar when people like Rupert Murdoch, hell even the rank and file Liberal party walk the Earth, then maybe you need some perspective in life.

I'm sure you can hate both politicians and poo poo musicians if you try.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Yeah, if only the nazis carrying a nazi flag with a swastika on it showed their face I would hear them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

White genocide, duh

• Locked thread