Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I can't imagine a worse living human being to lord a new panopticon

It's like if Trump invented Bush's/Obama's domestic surveillance network, no preface of altruism or justice with a dumbass paneer of competency, just a statement of weird cruelty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Cheap Trick posted:

Thanos would only dissolve half of the city councils

It's pretty cute that the first big rear end villain of these Disney movies is some nerd who hyperventilates about Third World birthrates, so he can gently caress the grim reaper

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Thanos has the right ideas.

Everyone who opposes him is simply a negatively geared slumlord/lady.

Yes I'm talking about you Mr Tony Stark. Plus your Avenger friends. I know you spend all your hero wages to fund real estate investments while talking out the other side of your mouths about "saving the world".

More like saving your investment yield due to housing demand.

The Avengers are a seemingly for profit private military, they are constantly at best:
loving reprehensible

Who does Sam Jackson report to? No human informed democracy, that's a given

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Full disclosure, I only seen the hulk 1 and 2 and Iron Man 1 and captain america 1 and the Avengers 1 all the way through

And Guardians of the Galaxy 1

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 3, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Hydra did nothing wrong.

The weirdest part about Captain America 1 was that an American superman in ww2 never fought the Nazis. He fought the secret Hydra, who have dull platonic ideals of Balance and Death and capital E evil, like Thanos or whatever

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Yes, there will be more superhero movies

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Punitively designed welfare is so insane

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

All Cops Are Incel

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Then the Guardian style guide is wrong, and they have a complete muppet setting the rules

LASER

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Nah that's more bureaucratic indifference.

Think Brazil more than 1984.

If a system operates as viciously punitive to the poor for no reason, the personal intention or lack there of is immeterial and it should be stopped

Also, with indigenous Australians comprising the world's most imprisoned population, it doesn't really matter whether or not the given functionaries responsible for these conditions are wilfully or unwilfully attacking them because they're racist or not, they simply are attacking them, and should be stopped

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 10, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

That 100 year old scientist David Goodall who got fired from Sydney University because he kept trying to kill himself threw up his hands and said "fine, I'll just buy a suicide in Switzerland" and is now dead

Good for him I s'pose

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 11, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

quote:

But the virtual crowds swirling on the internet are as deadly a lynch mob as any previous form of mass hysteria

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The US media has just discovered that Scott Pruitt, the corrupt arsehole who heads the EPA, has been spending time with George Pell.

George Pell on the lolita express

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

What're the arguments against assisted suicide from the disability community? I can't remember

Remember when Peter Singer played ersatz doctor with that depressed guy and urged him to kill himself over the 'phone? What a fucker

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Zenithe posted:

I'm not well versed on it, but noted excellent person Liz Carr wrote a fairly nuanced article about this topic

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/09/legalising-assisted-dying-dangerous-for-disabled-not-compassionate

Thanks, real good piece

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

froglet posted:

There's also the risk of someone opting to kill themselves not because they want to die on an objective level, more that they want to die because of it society is poo poo and treats them so badly.

There's a procession of assessment and doctoral opinion though, in a healthcare model of killing your self

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Arm all children

A regulated malitia to defend against hosed up dads

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

If you check out the mass shootings in the US, as defined by four or more people being shot, the vast majority is some guy killing his wife and children

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Donate money as directly as you can

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALngdQl8zcs

I have a Pavlovian response of terror and misery to this song

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Robodog posted:

My local one just says flat out you can't lodge a whole bunch of poo poo in person anymore so bugger off and do it at home online.

It got really depressing to have to argue with the reception kiosk about that for the while when I didn't have a phone or the internet, just let me in to use the loving computers here that work a quarter of the time

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I know there's an app, I can't afford access to an app you nerd

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

You. loving clowns

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

It sucked when the CIA and MI5 (Chinese Intelligence Agency, Mandarin Intelligence 5) pulled a soft coup on Gough

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 14, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Also dictated our involvement in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. The unscrupulous Chinese

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Genuinely death to America. The world's only super power is a cruel, weird and brutal failure

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The Before Times posted:

I wouldn't say it's the world's 'only' superpower

I would, it is

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Haha, Jesus christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKADdK2c8j4

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

These RULE, why have we not talked about 'em before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7488RL5KKY

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Birdstrike posted:

this month: someone discovers the tv show Insiders which is on every Sunday

Rude

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Zenithe posted:

Yeah, if only the nazis carrying a nazi flag with a swastika on it showed their face I would hear them out.

Hahaha, right? What a oval office

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 20, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

"New IPA book calls on government to privatise the ABC by 'giving it away'"

https://amp.smh.com.au/politics/federal/new-ipa-book-calls-on-government-to-privatise-the-abc-by-giving-it-away-20180525-p4zhjn.html

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Konomex posted:

If they're giving it away can I get a chunk of ABC2 and ABC3. I think that's where the real money making is, advertise direct to children and teens.

Or by 'give away' do they mean 'give to rich people'?

I know it's worded euphemistically but Jesus Christ dude

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

This is why the fuckin' dude needs to inject himself into every single second of discourse, his dogshit words and deeds were so quickly and awkwardly and downright effectively swept out of the Liberal Party's public identity

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Like how if Trump got removed his voice would blare from every screen and speaker in your life until he died

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

How dare the media criticise a Tommy Robinson supporter for uh [checks notes] ... My office professes a grand apology

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Shut the gently caress up

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

What the gently caress

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Margaret kept getting arrested for screening banned films, but David had spooks assigned to him in the eighties for screening Soviet films, so they are tied

• Locked thread