Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
To no-one's great surprise, the SW&TERF is an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Wasn't saying she was, SWERF is a thing also, just kinda weird to write out both SWERF and TERF...

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It's extremely frustrating to see attempts to maybe possibly start a process to stop the food industry from continuing to cause incredible harm to people's health bring out people's weird bigotry against the overweight and subsequent defenses
Like, the fact that companies are able to make this poo poo cheaper than water and just loving pump it out everywhere with colourful and friendly advertising is horrifying, of course people are going to be hooked on it from childhood and the only thing it does is put people in early graves. gently caress, even cigarettes could provide an actual use sometimes, heavily sugared drinks do nothing except overload your system
Sorry, this was pretty ranty but the food industry is not our friend and it doesn't feel great to see people (not necessarily in here, more in general) immediately jump to it's defense because it's insinuated itself so pervasively into our lives and economy

Knorth fucked around with this message at 08:23 on May 1, 2018

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

This is loving disgusting :mad:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Cleretic posted:

I just want to clarify (mainly for my own benefit, because I don't even know what you people are saying right now): Maltzahn is the only prominent Green who supports the Nordic model. So this is basically her saying 'yes, I'll vote according to the party line on this issue I have personal disagreements on', which she never said otherwise on. Not exactly the most dramatic backflip in political gymnastic history, especially given prominent criticism from even those within her party.

Whether this is true remains to be seen, but I think she knows that the unlikely event of a vote on it, going against the party is going to do more harm to her than good for anyone.

No, Greens support Nordic Model now because something something Di Natale LNP partnership something centrists something Labor are the real progressives

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Cleretic posted:

Can you get me a citation on this? I'm not saying you're wrong, but from what I'm aware the Greens support full decrim; it's not a cornerstone of the policy platform, but it's in there, and you'll find little disagreement from the membership.

I wasn't being serious. Any perceived misstep one of the Greens make needs to be followed by howling about centrists and au pairs in turtle-necks, didn't you know. It's tradition apparently

Nordic Model is hosed and I'm glad the lady in Victoria flipped

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/NickMcKim/status/993755056578052097
....cool :cripes:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
gently caress no

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
What a loving shock

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Tim_Beshara/status/997690095070339073

:cripes: really!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Kinda jumped the gun on the smug 'smartest-person-in-the-room' posts this time, guy. No-one's even called for a sacking yet

• Locked thread