Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

ewe2 posted:

New Daily surveyed MPs about whether they could live on Newstart or had ever lived on benefits:

Well it looks like we can be sure of one thing all Liberals can agree on.

BCA are loving inconsistent as hell. “Pay workers less”, “increase social services payments”.

So they want to pay poor people less, but they also want poor people to have more money (that will be spent in their industries). Clowns. Maybe if they lobbied their own members to increase wages people would be spending more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-07/peter-costello-says-well-be-dead-before-national-debt-paid-off/9736158

Peter fuckin Costello calling people earning between $100k-$200k the "forgotten people" who are badly in need of tax relief. What loving planet does this cretin live on?

Also, I love how he says someone earning 200k is paying 47% tax. Deliberately applying the top marginal tax rate to the entire amount. gently caress these horrible pricks.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Anidav posted:

I'm keen for the zinger filled budget reply speech

Blank Shorten’s budget reply speech in 2014 was the moment I started having hope for the guy to eventually be PM. He was quite *checks notes* good.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Man who created structural deficit talks about budget and is listened to by people.

Short memories all around apparently.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Cleretic posted:

Hey, I was going to choose to quit my job and go be a starving artist yesterday, but YOU GUYS had to go talk a whole bunch about how lovely the situation is for unemployed people and make me sad and scared.

It’s only lovely for leaners. As long as you’re a lifter you’re golden.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

The pensioners retiring overseas because they can't afford Australia

Fuckin' leaners on welfare going on overseas trips. God drat bludgers.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

JBP posted:

Why the gently caress are we giving a pension to people who have a permanent address overseas?

Because THEY EARNED it with a LIFETIME OF HARD WORK and they PAID TAXES THEIR WHOLE LIVES.

Really though, I'm going to put it down to graft and pandering.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Cleretic posted:

Melbourne lord mayor results are in. Sally Capp, previously head of a lobbying group for property developers, has won.

I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

Can’t wait for the rules mandating that every new building must be a minimum of 200m tall, and that parks need to be ripped up for car parking and apartment buildings.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

From Wiki:

Essentially Latham and his cronies are intimating that her ADF service wasn't what she said it was (can you guess why?). Cate tells them to gently caress off in multiple somewhat garbled messages and then blocks them.

Good on her, I say.

tbh bragging about timor as war service and BEING IN THE poo poo is incredibly loving lame, more so as she was air force?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

ewe2 posted:

Oh man this has got it all, climate denialism, misconduct, lawsuits, echo chambers, fleecing the easily-persuaded readership...

I really wish they’d replace the phrase “climate science denial group” with “a pack of tremendous fuckheads” in order to maintain journalistic truth in reporting.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

snoremac posted:

For real though, they should avoid the term "skeptic" because they're not skeptics, they're being paid to push corporate propaganda they know is BS.

Agreed.

“Fossil fuel industry lobby group” perhaps.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

this broken hill posted:

there's no way clive palmer will still be alive in 2030

Did that piece of poo poo end up paying his refinery workers? Or did his pretense at illness shield him from any responsibility there?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

JBP posted:

I need to stop reading the hun letters I'm going to have a loving seizure eventually.

It’s like stepping into an alternate reality in which everyone is a huge loving moron.

“Dodgy Dan” “We need Abbott back” “Unions are crooks”

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s loving dumb (the reaction not the policy) but also so is Darebin city council in general

From the same team that brought you “undermining Alex Bhatal in the Batman byelection”.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

https://reneweconomy.com.au/sa-liberals-vow-to-continue-energy-transition-go-big-in-batteries-93367/

Is this the author misrepresenting, or are the SA Libs actually being smart about energy?

Knowing the Libs it’ll just be something insane like “coal is now classed as a renewable because we’re all going to die and in a couple of billion years we’ll all be coal and the cycle will continue”

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

GoldStandardConure posted:

• ban sugar
  • uuhhh...

• 420 all day erryday

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Lid posted:

whoosh

That Toned Abs quote gets reposted pretty much every month with the context changed and every single time there’s a bite. I love it.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

McGiggins posted:

I only just started reading and posting in this thread. :saddowns:

Congratulations though, with very little effort on your part you did indeed manage to be me hella buttmad.

Welcome. This thread is the worst.

Konomex posted:

It's a pretty appropriate response to the words though. Cause jesus christ, I felt terrible just rewording it.

Art is pain.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

JBP posted:

Thread as usual blowing this up like he grabbed Markle by the neck and bellowed n bombs in her face.

”white men should be able to use all the slurs they want”

-thread favourite JBP

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Kendrick Lamar did nothing wrong

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

Labor would have a far better argument for their whole "the ends justify the means" to get votes if they had any clue what their ends actually were, aside from getting sweet consultancy positions and fat retirement pensions.

Don't forget getting your own totally sweet Facebook Live show.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

lmao

MikeJF posted:

And so Australia pledged a forest. In Papua New Guinea.

:australia:

I'm assuming the course of events, but loving hell, we gave a forest IN PNG

What an imperial thing to do. The mother country would be so proud.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

I’m so torn about Jacqui Lambie. Her heart’s in the right place with some things (veterans, welfare, healthcare) but she’s loving insane on things like Islam.

Can I be conflicted about that, or is the only answer guillotine / hero of the proletariat?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

MikeJF posted:

Is this a stroke? Should I call an ambulance?

He died doing what he loved. Shitposting and reading the Telegraph.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

I was in the navy for 9 years and did “border protection” for 2 years. AMA.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Hollandia posted:

Did you meet that dickhead's housemate?

Probably. I met lots of dickheads, and lots of housemates.

A youthful and foolish sense of patriotism.

hooman posted:

It's ok if you don't want to answer, but did you work on the Ocean Protector?

Curious because I've also worked on that boat (though not under that name).

Nah, I worked on the Freos and Armidale boats. :)

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

You Am I posted:

That poor partner of his has been the scapegoat for nearly every situation he's had the past two years.

That poor woman has had her life ruined by this horrible man. He really is a terrible piece of poo poo.

Depending on how long ago this was, you might know one of my family members.

Very possible! :) But you'll have to forgive me if I don't want to doxx myself more than I already have on here.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

though you probably should WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES?!

Class traitor. Obviously.

JBP posted:

I'd take 11 weeks holiday as well if someone paid me $150k for banging an intern or whatever.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

bandaid.friend posted:

If you assume the Centre Alliance will eventually vote for the tax cut in exchange for a one-off payment of seventy-five dollars to pensioners, the cut only needs one more vote

Maybe Centre Alliance without that gently caress Xenophon could be reasonable. He was a toady little prick.

lol. Just kidding. They’ll back the tax cuts as long as they can get a guarantee that people refer to SA as “a good state.”

• Locked thread