Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

DisDisDis posted:

I feel weird about it since I've never gotten all the way through either of the originals but I'm gonna play the Doom 2 wad known as Ancient Aliens

ancient aliens is insanely good, excellent choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

at risk of being called out for touching the poop: every time i see your av i try to work out what the hell is going on with her perspective/posture, and I still haven't got it

it's insanely nws but here's the source, i hope it helps

:nws: https://i.gyazo.com/84ad4a0ce07dde8da59b629d0b17c650.png :nws:

DisDisDis posted:

I really wanna get good enough to UV pistol start Sunlust but even the first level of that is way too esports for me. AA's got a much smoother gradient so far. I mean I'm completely expecting to hit a brick wall sooner or later but I'll just have to get good in that case.

sunlust is really good but hoo boy does it have a difficulty curve like a mountain

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

How the hell did that end up as your av

Did you make someone mad?

i picked it myself because i like it :(

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

it's cute and eyecatching

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Robo Turnus posted:

WHICH game do you think has the best soundtrack of the ages? As for me, I think it is LISA, the painful rpg. A 2nd place is tied between hotline miami and DOOM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk72RMv9d0s

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

wait was The Tides of Time not the first game, I don't recognize this track at all

tides of time was the second game.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Shindragon posted:

I'm gonna try to be very polite and say.

No.

Just no.

Bed of chaos sucked.

bed of chaos was bad but it's by no means the worst boss in the series

i thought nameless king's first phase in ds3 was by far the worst for that godawful camera

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Phantasium posted:

I got to that boss after Fume Knight that requires you to go quickly through a memory filled with Alonne Knights as part of the boss run and said gently caress it to dealing with that poo poo again before quitting playing DS2, good luck.

Didn't bother with the other two DLC areas, gently caress that poo poo.

that boss owns really hard

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

lets hang out posted:

dragons crown is still insanely awesome

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i haven't even played dragon's crown

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The Colonel posted:

george kamitani likes big sexy everything

hell, same,

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The Colonel posted:

the atmosphere in dkc3 is cool but the game chops your movement in half by never letting you build up as much momentum as dkc2 and getting rid of the higher bounce when you hold jump and it locks a ridiculous amount of content behind some really obnoxious collectibles that you'll never want to be assed with getting

the only content locked behind collectibles is the lost world, just like in dkc2.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i think dkc3 was much better than 1; 2 is, of course, the best of the trilogy

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

that doesn't even get you an actual ending

you need the bonus coins to get the levels in the lost world so you can get all the dk coins

you need the dk coins to get the gyrocopter

you need to get the gyrocopter to get all the banana birds

you need the banana birds to actually get an ending and not just have another random fight where k. rool escapes after fighting him again and again

a bonus ten-second cutscene is not "a ridiculous amount of content" it just isn't

the only "content" in a game like DKC is levels, and the only locked levels are in the lost world gated behind bonus coins, just like in dkc2.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

yeah, it owns

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Macaluso posted:

You can be gay, date a ghost and also BE a ghost. You can also wear a sheet with eyeholes and everyone thinks you're a ghost.

If you buy the ghost "costume" and fail to get your date to go to the prom with you, the failure picture shows a person in a white sheet with eye holes reaching out and it has a tear out of one of the holes. It was really funny

which one of the player characters do you think is a ghost?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

and you called me out for having a hentai av

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mutiny is pretty good tho for what it is

except that none of the girls have balls. hosed up.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Snooze Cruise posted:

I'm innocent and do not know what a sex is and find it gross and unhealthy*

*Flashing neon sign behind this poster: "Hundreds of hours put into Ladykiller in a Bind"

that game loving rules

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

babypolis posted:

pizza parlors av disturbs me every time i see it

Man what the hell

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Waroduce posted:

Is there no DOTA Thread anymore? I haven't played in about two or three years, but my gf is going away and I have nothing to do next weekend...I was thinking about touching the poop again but I can't find a thread to get caught up on

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839082&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

is there any game community that isn't insufferable

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i'm not gonna say it's better than yoshi's island but it's still incredibly good

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

they're taking the original version off the store but you can definitely still play it if you like

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

played a bunch of ds1 remaster tonight and it looks and runs great imo. multiplayer all over the goddamn place, i had gravelord poo poo happening to me constantly.

ultimately worth the $20 for this goon

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i haven't had any camera issues fwiw, it feels fine

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

FAK I've been in your situation before, where I was totally dependent on my partner and it made me feel like a garbage leech all the time, and when people found out it felt like their attitude toward me inevitably changed, and some people did outright poo poo on me for being a parasite. It sucks! It sucks and you feel helpless and worthless. But you arent, you're a valuable individual and I'm sure KCB recognizes that.

Have you tried some work from home stuff? I can't hold a real job either but I finally found a work from home gig doing search engine evaluation part time and that finally lets me bring in actual money.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

elf ladies in general are extremely good

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i mean

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

dodongos dislike smoke

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Expect My Mom posted:

imagine being disappointed to see monster ladies

cannot relate

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

detroit actually looks fun to me and like a game i would enjoy, i just hate david cage because he's a creep completely divorced from his talent (or lack thereof) as a game dev

i want to play the game but i super don't want to give him any money

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i played detroit for two hours last night (assuaged my guilt by only renting it) and had fun that's my story

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

there isn't a single Japanese game, no matter how good it plays, that isn't marred by quality of life problems like "I've never seen a PC in my life and have no idea what a mouse is" or "instead of a matchmaking queue, what if the online multiplayer for our game was a virtual simulation of an arcade where you walk around as a little man and can only play against 23 other randomly selected people by challenging them to a match and hoping they respond"

sounds fake

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

pizza in general is really overrated imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I beat Detroit twice and enjoyed it and it'll probably be a goty contender for me too, depending on how the rest of the year shakes out

• Locked thread