Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

e: i'm instantly reminded of why i always bounce off of breath of fire 3, it's because there's no punctuation

doesn't that just beat all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I feel like at this point if you're gonna go the double av route it should be from a DS game and take into account the space.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

No i wondered who actually made it through the intro of the game without falling asleep

additionally, I had already been exposed to Camelot's badness through Beyond the Beyond

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

to be fair in 2001 players probably couldn't actually see Circle of the Moon

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

al-azad posted:

I wanted Magical Vacation but instead I got Golden Sun.

It got a fan translation not too far back.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/02/yoko-taro-made-sinoalice-skin-told-gacha-games-need-show-skin/

Yoko Taro posted:

“I was told that mobile gacha games don’t sell unless it shows plenty of skin, so I decided to give Dorothy this equipment.”

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

Tomb Raider should have perfectly triangular boobs made of exactly four polygons this is censorship and I won't stand for it

her boobs should be a flat texture that is always facing the camera just like doom monsters

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

my fav video game character

not even gonna timg this guy, they're too cool

ah yes, that genesis classic rocket knight

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

When the new God of War came out and looked good, I decided to play through the old games after giving up on the first for some reason back when it came out. I probably wouldn't still be doing that if they each weren't like 10 hours long or less a piece. Though I did skip the PSP games and watched the cutscenes on Youtube.

Though that's going to be funny since apparently the new one is like 40 hours. Probably end up getting done with III and Ascension and just not play the new one for a while anyway.

Waltzing Along posted:

Have any of you ever sold off your collection to adopt a more spartan attitude towards games? What I mean is you get a new game, play it, dispose then get something else?

Yo.

quote:

I know some of you do that already, but have gone from having a ton of games to only a few? How did that work for you? Any regrets on selling off your collection?

Not really. There was some thread in E/N maybe a couple years ago with somebody who hoarded a bunch of junk and there were two replies in it that really resonated with me. One was "why have a bunch of cheap crap you don't like and instead have a few really cool things that might be expensive?", and the other was "why worry about losing stuff that you can easily get back if you change your mind later on?". I basically treat them like extended rentals and don't worry about stuff too much.

quote:

It seems that any game I want to play, I could always just purchase again so I wouldn't be losing much by selling things. I just wouldn't have the variety.

Yeah. I'd say the biggest thing is getting over past regrets. I hoarded my poo poo for so long because I made a really bad deal when I was young about selling off all my SNES games, but nowadays I got the few games I liked back and don't really sweat about the others because I clearly didn't need them.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's also easier to justify selling games these days now that they mostly come with nothing and feel like they're already stored in disposable throwaway cases and since they don't ever truly become hard to find since you can always just buy a digital copy if you really want to play it and can't find it later.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

never sell games

you must sell your games, it's the only way to show your raw gamer power to the store clerks

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dewgy posted:

The original one when it came out was definitely something special. Then it got Halo’d into pointlessness with the sequels.

Well that and it's gameplay becoming the de facto standard for nearly all 3rd person shooters.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

suuma posted:

I never played God of War 3, should I buy the GoW remaster and re-play 1-2 & 3 or just get God of W4r?

Do 1-2 even hold up at this point?

I'm enjoying the original games for what it's worth, but I haven't touched the new one yet. There's lots of little bits that haven't aged well but overall they're pretty fun.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shindragon posted:

1 is a little clunky because of some the platforming can ouright kill you. Plus the Hellblade tower. gently caress that thing.

2 still holds up more.

I was ready to outright quit 1 just because of those loving towers, holy poo poo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm sure somebody is a big fan of those e-surance commercials.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I summoned last time so I want to beat him solo. Ignoring everything is a good recipe for getting five swords in the back at the fog door :(

I think that's the only boss in the whole series where I couldn't just run to him without getting ganked by those loving knights.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

here's a screenshot of einhander

maybe i'll play it once i can get this newer version of retroarch to save properly

I hope you can get it to work because Einhander loving rules.

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't really need one, it was just my stupid consumer brain going '40 inch is getting on the smaller side of tvs now you know....' so I'm fine waiting until either 4K is the standard or has gone the way of 3D TVs.

Meanwhile my stupid consumer brain just got a VCR.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

al-azad posted:

I thought I was going to a Sonic sex party but it ended up being a sex party at a Sonic. It killed my boner.

we were getting ready to call the cops on the guy that kept asking for tots until we noticed

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

in koudelka if you just build your party with high physical and magic resistance and give koudelka and harold really strong magic so you can still cast healing you can pretty much tank the final boss

I still love the fact that saving at certain thresholds on the in-game timer gives you super weapons.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

an actual dog posted:

It looks so bad lol

Somehow still more interesting than Capcom's loving actual recent puzzle fighter.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Idk, it's probably still Symphony of the night, op

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Maybe I missed it during the Undertale and OST chat, was this already known?

You mean that Undertale is coming to Switch? They announced it during the last direct.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I meant all the games on that list.

oh. some of those were known but also I'm not an expert on what indie games are going to switch, nintendo does like showing them off in little trailers though because there are a fuckton of 'em.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ah yes beating people in games on dates, I too am obviously familiar with this phenomenon as I go... on... plenty......

ah yes, playing games

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Someone should make some money making a place you can go if you want to play games out in the world so you can enjoy your hobby while still meeting people and not being a shut-in. Like console freeplay at pax.

The local game store that I sell my games at lets you rent out rooms to play games in. A lot of the times it's a bunch of kids in there playing Minecraft, but there was at least one time where there was a group of people in there playing Tales of Graces.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

yeah I look up the meetup groups and stuff around here and they're exactly the types of people I want nothing to do with.

either that or they're for the city that is adjacent to me but not actually close to me.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shindragon posted:

I did it the hard the way the first time.

That was not smart.

ask me about not knowing what the giant souls are and having to grind more after using a few by using bonfire ascetics to grind the ancient dragon like 3 times

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Have you considered that they're actually a talking fox and outing themselves would cause them to be captured for science?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Why do people say the DS2 DLC is the best part of the the game? So far Brume Tower has been a gigantic pain in the rear end including reusing one of the worst bosses from the main game and seemly deliberately making the boss runs an utter pain. Apart from Fume Knight who was actually pretty cool.

I got to that boss after Fume Knight that requires you to go quickly through a memory filled with Alonne Knights as part of the boss run and said gently caress it to dealing with that poo poo again before quitting playing DS2, good luck.

Didn't bother with the other two DLC areas, gently caress that poo poo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sunning posted:

If Cliff goes back there, he'll be working on games like Fortnite.

a big downgrade from the quality he's been slaving over, i'm sure

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Sinistar Battle Royale

I HUNGER FOR CHICKEN DINNER

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

galaxian was cool, though

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Waluigi's Mask

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

remember when you had to do the shmup opening of nier a without checkpoints and people got mad

remember? heck, i'm still mad about it!!!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

Look at these fools blowing their budget on tiger skins

Evidently they don't cost too much.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm gonna watch the Super Best Friends play Detroit and have fun with them making GBS threads on it.

Cowcaster posted:

yeah but had they mentioned word one about it since it was hit as a stretch goal though? i had forgotten it was even a thing

afaik nope, outside of them saying a few weeks before "hey the 8-bit game is now a prequel and also you need to choose a platform for it before May 18th"

Cowcaster posted:

i know they've been touring conferences and stuff so maybe there's a whole ton of information about bloodstained i've been missing out on. but, based on the monthly e-mail updates they send out (usually late, if at all) consisting generally of a couple pieces of concept art and if they're feeling REALLY proud maybe an animated gif of like a fat gargoyle model flapping its wings, plus the fact that the game has already been delayed once, i'm not really feeling super hyped about anything regarding bloodstained

It's been at various trade shows that they let people play there but don't update the boat demo they gave to backers to have anything else (though we're still supposed to get a alpha version on Steam early or something like that).

It still does look pretty nice, though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

idk on a whim when God of War came out I went back to that series and finished the first 3 games in a couple weeks. Tried Ascension and didn't like it within about an hour and now am blasting through the new one (skipped the PSP games in lieu of watching their cutscenes).

This was also time period where I decided to sell DB FighterZ, Monster Hunter World, and Dissidia NT because I hadn't played them since they came out and didn't really want to when I put them in to try again.

My answer to give up super hard sometimes.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8tzdeOrjlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

fitting that the thread would talk about monster games and games you got close to beating but didn't.

I was always partial to Dragon Warrior Monsters but I also got to and never beat the Starry Night Tournament.

• Locked thread