Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Horizon Chase Turbo (PS4, PC) – May 15

I didn't expect a sequel so soon but I guess Aloy going kart racing had to happen at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

All this reminds me: why the heck did they call it Horizon Zero Dawn. What focus group won out with that beauty.

It makes perfect sense in-game :shrug:

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm turning 27 on the 27th. Bleh :smith:

Anyone else got a bday this month? Any plans or anything? I'm probably just gonna chill at home, if nothing bad happens then it'll be a good bday. I'll hopefully be getting on disability sometime within the next couple of months too so if that happens that'll be nice.

KCB's bday is on the 14th of June though, so I should probably start thinking up something to get her. I dunno what though. If I get on the disability before her bday comes around, I can at least get her something out of my own pocket, but idk if there are any steam games she wants at the moment that I can use my trading card money for.

What's everyone else up to?

28 on the 24th

So far my plans are to buy Dragon Quest Builders sometime before that and chill with it :v:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Now let's talk about Camelot's real GBA gem: Mario Tennis: Power Tour

That was one hell of a game.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/991497568067743750

I didn't even know this game had a PC port

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I'm trying to think of "intentionally not conventionally attractive main characters who are still human" but Trevor is all that comes up

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

glam rock hamhock posted:

How did you think of Wario but not Mario?

Mario is cute chubby

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Countblanc posted:

someone please tell me how to disable the dualshock 4's blue glow when its plugged into my Pc. i havent slept in weeks,

duct tape

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Real hurthling! posted:

You can change the share button to not bring up the menu unless you double tap

Doom Goon posted:

Are you kidding me? So many dumb Nioh deaths :doh: It reminds me of the old, "Hey, can use headphones on the controller for sound but you have to enable it first." thing that always pops up.

Is there also a way to upload your screenshots online without having it being via Twitter or other social media? It's pretty awkward that when I want to post a screencap somewhere I gotta put it on my Twitter and then log on my PC, rehost it and then actually share.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't really unfriend my brother in law

I unfriended my mom

Believe in yourself

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
How much of a monster do you have to be to frame Swery, the purest dev

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I hope you're happy, glam rock

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
It's silly to look for validation from other people whether you're allowed or not to enjoy something, just dig into it :shrug:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sometimes it does weird me out that one of Sony's most "iconic characters" is just some dude in jeans and a t-shirt

They gave Crash a t-shirt!?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Saint Freak posted:

Technically his name is John.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
there better be a "Press X to Do A Flip" in the Ps4 Spider-Man

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They rated Gameplay, Graphics, Sound, Replay Value and Reviewer's Tilt out of 10. Gameplay and Tilt were both 30%, Graphics and Value were both 15% and Sound was 10%. It was bizarre and they stuck with it for a long time.

It always baffles me that reviews have scores, why include something that completely invalidates the writing?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I couldn't sleep and I don't know why. Just seems to happen sometimes but it's been a while since the last time, I thought I was free from this.

Now to either spend the entire day a miserable wreck or sleep the afternoon and wreck my schedule.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I love how a single screenshot shows you exactly why you should not play the game

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/993791622298058752

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

You know what’s a fun game? Mirror’s Edge

Just finished Catalyst and the gameplay was great. You don't just have a Kick button - you can Side Kick enemies into each other or into walls or over rails and you can pull them towards you, dodge and then kick their backs.

10/Kick

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

Is Mirror’s Edge 2 any fun?

It improves on the first one in pretty much every single way, except the story is a big nothing.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Help Im Alive posted:

At least Sega had cool characters, like Football Manager and Danica Patrick

I remember thinking how cool Danica Patrick's design was in Sonic Racing Transformed and then googling to see which game she was from :doh:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Phellpsbr/status/993928284512677894

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Konami also killed every single one of their franchises but I guess that pesky Kojima must have a hand on that too

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

univbee posted:

I’m still waiting for someone to make an expansive and complex open world game with essentially gta3-tier graphics.

There's this little thing called Dwarf Fortress

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/994629366297456640

Huh.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Maybe I missed it during the Undertale and OST chat, was this already known?

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/994863468409970688

quote:

Here are the titles presented in the video:

- Celeste
- Overcooked: Special Edition
- The Flame in the Flood
- RoRoRoRo
- Aegis Defenders
- Stardew Valley
- Gorogoa
- Guns, Gore & Cannoli
- Lumines Remastered
- Mineko’s Night Market
- 7 Billion Humans
- Just Shapes & Beats
- PixelJunk Monsters 2
- Dead Cells
- The Escapists 2
- Nippon Marathon
- Bad North
- Minit
- Yooka-Laylee
- Undertale

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Phantasium posted:

You mean that Undertale is coming to Switch? They announced it during the last direct.

I meant all the games on that list.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Help Im Alive posted:

those are centimetres

There's no easy way to say this but 13cm definitely isn't the average either...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

They're really going all out on the skins for the Spider-man game

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Doesn't the same thing happen in Double Dragon but you're fighting over who's going to bang the girl?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Sakurazuka posted:

It was all a dream/in your head, no john you are the demons, being vague so you don't have to explain anything, etc

Those are AAA themes now, indies are now about mashing as many mechanics as you can in the least playable ways. Also never leaving Early Access or leaving as a completely different game.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Lads, it does not matter how tempting it is, having 1L of off-brand chocolate milk for breakfast because it was on sale is not a good idea. Three trips so far.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Happy Mother's Day or Happy Earthbound's Day as they say in the US

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I try to play as many games in my original language now that they're actually being dubbed.

Baccano! and REDLINE are much better in english, also.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

FirstAidKite posted:

I think the only anime I've seen where I prefer subs to dubs is jojo and that's only because the random outbursts of english aren't as silly when the whole thing is in english. It's the difference between someone shouting "VANILLA ICE" or "HOLY poo poo" or "RED HOT CHILI PEPPER" while otherwise speaking in Japanese when compared to if they were shouting those things while the rest of the show is in english so it doesn't stand out as much

Oh, then add Steins;Gate to that list too.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

precision posted:

maybe i just missed that day but i don't recall seeing anyone on here say anything at all about Everything, which i just watched the trailer for and thought was a joke for about 5 minutes

also the "sequel" to Journey is only coming out on iPhones

lmao this day is starting GREAT

I thought Abzu was the sequel to Journey?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

homeless snail posted:

During our English classes, we were asked to choose English names. My desk-mate and I are both Final Fantasy VII fans. He’s always way into coolness and called himself Cloud. To beat his cockiness, I had to be something much stronger than Cloud.

This is such a "Heh, nothing personal, kid" moment :allears:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/ron_lajoie/status/996085567120175105

A half-hour later

https://twitter.com/ron_lajoie/status/996093337672273920

So did most of the employees at Boss Key have to find out the company was kaput at the same time we all did?

Out of context, this reads like a great Game Design joke sketch

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I cross the street without looking sideways when I want to feel an adrenaline rush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I really like the amalgam of foreign languages in that spam

• Locked thread