Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT BRINGING NEW INFO TO THE TABLE

You smell like rancid farts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Since Comixology is owned by Amazon there's a built in comic reader on Fire tablets yeah?

Yup!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Can it load cbrs not purchased from Comixology?

Yeah it can. I have a friend that gives me some stuff every now and then and I load them on there via ecalibre.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Madkal posted:

I'm currently on vacation and loaded about 10 graphic novels on my nexus 10 and I find the quality perfect really. 10 inch is the way to go as it still feels page sized and no bulky to hold. That's my advertisement for the day

Yeah this is the only thing that bugs me. I do enjoy reading comics on my Kindle though. Makes reading them in bed a lot easier lol.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

My dad just got diagnosed with brain damage and is losing his faculties despite not being 60 yet so I wasn't.

Sorry friend :(

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'm going to see Jim Steranko next month and probably get him to sign Cap 113, Nick Fury 4. Maybe Nick Fury 6 and Cap 111 if I can get good copies.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

This is what happens when you let Stan use technology.

https://twitter.com/therealstanlee/status/996429458197307392?s=21

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yeah I've only been to the two small cons that we have here in Indianapolis where it was maybe a couple of panels, a whole bunch of signings, and then a TON of vendors.

I mainly go for the $1 comics so I can fill holes in my collection. But this year I will be meeting Jim Steranko.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Which ones? There was a WizardWorld there a few years back and it was pathetic. Indy Comic Con is kind of a joke as well. Haven't been to IndyPopCon yet.

Just Indy ComicCon and PopCon. I went to PopCon two years ago and thought it was meh. Mainly went for the $1 comics. I'm going to PopCon again this year because I work with a guy that created it and cuz they got Steranko.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Gotchas. WW Indy was such a bust they quietly pulled out and pretended it never happened. The best part was they tried to buy into the Indy CC because it did so weel it's first year and when they were unable to do that they decided to do their own con and it was such a failure. Like oh my god was it a joke.

If you decide to come down to PopCon let me know. I might be able to get you a free pass.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lmao I love searching the Facebook marketplace for comics. These people trying to sell stuff greatly over-estimate the value of their books. There is a guy that is selling Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade and wants $500 for it. I can't stop laughing.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 22, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Is it at least the big box set? That was originally $500.

It's single issues. Doesn't have any of the Silver Surfer tie-ins that are worth more money.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

When my wife and I have a son, we're going to name him Stephen after my dad. And his room will have some Captain America stuff in it.

Yes I know Cap's name is spelled Steven.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RevKrule posted:

You could just put up a bunch of Dr Strange poo poo instead.....

I like Captain America more.

Roth posted:

Would you leave your baby in a room with Benedict Cumberbatch's face on the wall?

Also this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Get some posters of the original Ditko art, Every baby needs some psychedelic dreamscapes on their walls.

Yeah I plan to go Silver Age as much as possible.

Also have a copy of Captain America 111 and 113 that I'm getting Steranko to sign next weekend. Might frame one and put it in his room.

• Locked thread