Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Having jumped into 1e with the TFA starter, I'm excited for all these shiny new changes.

I'm less happy that they haven't changed the dice, but we can't have everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

What's wrong with the dice?

The biggest issue I have with the dice is that power and accuracy are still linked.

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm not sure we NEED new dice now that we can have any number of limited ways to tinker with them.

Yeah, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, I'm just still a little hesitant.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

Like, "did I hit" vs. "how hard I hit"?

I guess I'm willing to accept the abstraction, because the alternative would end up making the game a lot more complex and time-consuming for (imho) marginal benefit to realism.

Right, hitting harder and hitting more often are the same thing.

It's an acceptable abstraction, but it leads to the red die/green die creep that caused 2 die primaries to be utter garbage recently in 1.0.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Reworking Evade to convert a die rather than adding a result is definitely a step in the right direction.

Again, we don't have the whole picture, so it's possible I'm worried over nothing, but this was just my first reaction. A lot of the changes are definitely positives.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Completely unrelated, anyone interested in splitting some of the conversion kits?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

FFG just mesed up, im not spending over $300 to keep playing with the ships i already own! FFG failed to make a good game, in the quest for $ they released stuff with out properly testing it, and now FFG wnats me to pay for there mistake! FFG go ** yourself!

Source your quotes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Strobe posted:

Jesus you'd think the sky was falling on the FFG facebook. How many of those people (or people here, even) actually use all three factions? Three hundred people panicking about paying $150 for all their precious plastic spaceships when they spent three times that for them in the first place and only ever used six or eight. :psyduck:

I have literally never used an Imperial ship that wasn't a Defender, Interceptor, or Bomber. I'm not sad at all to not have to buy them anymore going forward, and you'd think FFG had killed someone's first born.

Seriously, it's ridiculous. First, $50 is goddamn bargain considering the sheer amount of stuff that's going to be in each kit, second, you can easily split a box with someone else if you only want a few ships' worth of content and third, FFG DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS AT ALL!! They could have been dicks and just said "buy new ships," but they didn't!!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

SuperKlaus posted:

If I buy into this I'm going to have a bunch of Rebel and Imperial EU ship conversion ingredients I'm not gonna want. That's my big uncertainty here, is whether to fork over $50 for Conversion Kits that are loaded with material for ships I don't and won't own. I'd love to sell off the EU ship materials to someone to defray costs.

Of course this is all many months in the future.

Yeah, a lot of this will be contingent on what the new ships will look like, dial and upgrade-wise.

Strobe posted:

I wonder what X-wing 2.0 is going to have in store for the E-wing.

I bet Corran's double-tap ability gets locked behind Force Points. :allears:

You know, I'm a little surprised they never errata'd Corran to receive a Weapons Disabled token when he double taps.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

lazerus06 posted:

This is fantastic. I was wondering if there were ways to recharge charges, I hope you can't

I hope the Force is treated like this as well. Pilots like Ezra have one chance to be a bad rear end Jedi whereas Vader gets to do it 3 times a game.

Force users regenerate tokens. The new Luke says "after you become the defender, you may recover 1 force token."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Huxley posted:

You could even make reloading that token a red action, now, to really mess with its opportunity cost.

The new Y-Wing has a native red reload action, which almost certain gives all the charges back to the munitions card.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Dude from one of my local x-wang groups...

Ya, well. She's right. You probably should.
Ask him if he'd prefer FFG saying that all 1e content is useless and you can't even use the old ships.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm realizing that most of us will want the same parts of the Rebel conversion kit, so there's going to be a lot of E-Wing, HWK, K-Wing and Phantom spare parts.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

CODChimera posted:

The only ship from my current collection that I can see being an issue with the conversion is the X-Wing. Will end up with 5 models but only 4 with 2.0 dials/cards assuming I get the core set and the fix pack. And I can't see spare X-Wings being much of a thing.

But 5 X-Wings might not even be an option in 2.0 so I guess we'll just wait and see.

Saw's Renegades is 2.0 compatible, remember.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

quote:

They said there is a path to conversion. So the first conversion kit will not be the last conversion kit. So example (From Frank): Any new pilots/Upgrades that come out for the Lambda will be released in some form of a conversion kit. So you will not need to buy the new Lambda if you already own one. So You will need multiple conversion kits, but you'll buy them over time and they will be updated with new stuff.

This is fantastic news.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

^^^^^: See?

jivjov posted:

Its not like they're taking away your 1.0 stuff...

It's a quote from someone else from a couple of pages ago.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I never had a problem with the red and green maneuvers, but I'm glad that they're helping people with worse colorblindness than me.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

canyoneer posted:

They also said they're resculpting the TIE Silencer because they got the scale all jacked up, having limited access to it before the film dropped

The 1e Silencer sculpt should be a medium sized ship, but I'm cool with a smaller sculpt.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

KongGeorgeVII posted:

The more I see about 2.0 the more I find to like.

PTL looks like it's gone. Instead ships have it baked in to certain actions. For example you might be able to take a focus and then do a red boost but not target lock and boost. I haven't seen any double reposition combos built in yet.

This is good for multiple reasons. Not only does it let the designers make ships fly differently using more than just the dial it also frees up the ept slot for ships that used to have ptl stapled to the pilot card.

ConfusedUs posted:

Stream today showed the TIE Interceptor with linked Boost > Roll and Roll > Boost actions (second one is red). Only one we know of with both.

A-Wings have Boost > Roll and just Roll.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ringo Star Get posted:

Listen, when are we getting the Ewok pilot, or Erisi Dlarrit?

I think you mean Lt. Kettch, yub yub!

Also, if we're doing Erisi, we need Bror Jace, Gavin Darklighter and the rest of Rogue Squadron.

And then Wraith Squadron.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Luke gunner and Han pilot both look amazing.

If that Lambda title is cheapish, it should be really good.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Strobe posted:

gently caress yeah. :getin:

I think my genuinely favorite new upgrade that I've seen so far is Marksmanship. If I'm remembering correctly, it's an EPT that upgrades a hit to a crit if the target is in your bullseye arc. I am all about that kind of thing.

New Crack Shot also only works in bullseye.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh man, Afterburners only has two charges? That's unfortunate.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

People keep saying this and all I can say is: Bullshit. I don't doubt that FFG is going to do their best, but there's no loving way they're going to be able to balance the game to the point that all 49 ships are going to be valid and competitive. The overall balance is going to be much better than it used to be, and I doubt ships like the HWK are still going to be outright trash, but expecting every ship in your arsenal to be competitive in the new edition is just asking to be grossly disappointed.

Not competitive, playable. It's $50 to make almost all your ships of one faction 2.0 compatible, which is super cheap.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

If only there were a way to get more copies of all the stuff, but of course, FFG prevents you from buying a second conversion kit or trading materials with other people.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

There's explicitly a rule about misleading modifications. I'd say "paint the T70 to look like a T64" falls under that.

"Judge! My opponent tried to trick me by flying Poe with a T-65 model!"

"And you didn't check to see if Poe could legally fly in a T-65?"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hilariously awesome is what that is.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

New Article on Movement

Dunno if anything really new on it. I kinda feel like predator is better than markmanship by far, but also there has got to be a pilot who can regen charges for crackshot.

Tomax Bren?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Gate posted:

Luke could be a monster with Predator and the Force. Force users in general will be scary after a K-turn

Or a Tallon Roll, since both the T-65 and the TIE Adv have Trolls now.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Arquinsiel posted:

I remain convinced that charge counter manipulation will be a thing sooner or later :colbert:

Also I wanna see the rules about how charge actually works when you get it from multiple sources.

What, like having both Afterburners and an astromech? Each card has its own set of charges, you don't get to pool them together.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Talas posted:

No Force :saddowns:

Good.

I missed the A-Wing, can anyone summarize?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Whoa, they literally balanced the entire game around the TIE Fighter, which is unchanged. Anything whose defenses were too strong for TIEs had those defenses nerfed.

Petition to rename the game TIE Fighter

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Poopy Palpy posted:

IG-88A: Agressive Automaton
IG-88B: Brutal Battledroid
IG-88C: Conniving Contraption
IG-88D: Deadly Device

The alteration is preserved in at least the German translation, possibly in others.

:allears:

I'm glad to see that Brobots will probably survive into 2.0 and they made IG-88A a million times better.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I don't own a YV and probably never will.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

hoiyes posted:

Did they say whether these were all the ships in the pack or just a teaser? I mean, I assume the latter...

It's the latter, because these were from the conversion kit and we know the contents of those, ship wise.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Man, the Lambda got buffed like crazy. It can shoot out the back, has Coordinate AND Reinforce?

Oh and red Jam.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh man, they killed the JumpMaster's white SLoop. Excellent.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Corbeau posted:

Unless HLC is way, way cheaper, it sure looks dead as a doornail.

With so much extra repositioning, it may still be useful, but 4 dice is a lot.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Some last 1.0 Homebrew

Which, is actually not that bad at all. I think it looks balanced.

Two uniques have the same pilot ability...

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

uncle blog posted:

What's the thematic reasoning for lowering its attack value?

Han probably upgraded the guns.

I still haven't see Solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

uncle blog posted:

Rules reference sheet: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1564718050463787/permalink/2073820672886853/

Seems like reload no longer gives a weapons disabled token?

SLAM doesn't mention the token either. I think that's probably just a truncated description.