Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I am so drat happy for 2.0

I am so drat sad because a lot of the people I play in my small town are stating they won’t get 2.0.

They are complaining about cost even though the pricing is awesome to convert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

Man, I look at those conversion kits and think "that's pretty awesome." It's got 2-4 of everything. That's a fuckload of new content.

Yep ,I really think FFG has really made converting as painless rear end possible financially. I am so hype for its killing my urge to play 1.0

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I am really looking forward to having a wide open meta. Wonder how that is going to affect Nationals this year. Aussie nats is usually Sept/Oct and Regionals comes up quick after that.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
loving hell, Boba Fett with Veteran Tail gunner is gonna be a beast

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The main question I want to be answered is if the new Fang fighter has spinning wings.

Scum Fenn Rau being relevant again makes me so happy.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

lofi posted:

No, it isn't. FFG are clearly planning a major profit on this, there's no need to lick their balls for deigning to sell you a fix for the game.

Sure, the game needed fixing, and sure there are more exploitative ways they could have done it, but let's not pretend they're doing us a favour.

No idea how much you actually play. As someone who owns everything and plays every single week and at every tournament I can get to this is awesome. So many of my ships will be relevant again and with them being able to change point values and upgrades on the fly with the app they will be able to keep it that way.

They way they are doing it is so much better than what GW does.

enigmahfc posted:

What do you mean there's now a SUPER Nintendo?!?! My regular Nintendo is now worthless and I've spent $100s on games not compatible with this new system!!! I'm out!

-Nova Squadron

I learned a while ago to not follow Nova Squadron pages. They are honestly worse than Reddit and possibly the FFG forums.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Loving the changes to Regionals. Not limiting it to one per state/region. If a store has the space they can have one. Hello, Bathurst Regional!!! My FLGS owners are going to be so happy. World's moving to October and it will be the only game played that weekend.

This keeps getting better and better

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
So many salty sales going FFG buy swap sell pages. Not anyone I have ever seen at tournaments.

Quite a few newer players are swooping in and getting cheap rear end collections.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Upgrade kits for every wave? Awww Hell yeah!

Anyone that is pissed at FFG for 2.0 just likes being pissed off.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I really hope that pre-order damage deck is available in Australia.

With World's being in October next year and tons more tickets available the Aussie Swarm might actually make it over in 2019.

I really can't believe how well thought out and fair this whole conversion is. From top to bottom it's been good idea after good idea.

Please don't let the app suck rear end.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

CODChimera posted:

How have they been buffed?

Man that "wave 2+ will have conversion kits" will be awesome if they stick to it. That was pretty much my only red flag with 2.0, having to rebuy ships I don't need any more copies of.

The problem will be if the new version of the ship is awesome. I already have two fangs, but these ones have moveable wings. That's nerd crack to me.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Was down at the shop talking 2.0 with the regulars tonight. Two of the guys said they were not getting it and I walked them through the changes. When I told them no TLTs and how regen works now they both pre-ordered.

10 min later I got an email from work saying I was owed a 1k in backpay. Pre-orders paid for and a nice start for my trip from Australia for World's next year.

FFG be praised.

Also watch this it's good

https://g.redditmedia.com/4B95GJvQes3pzFd8iR59ajATigyjJ3aBkHVqwe7qBmg.gif?fm=mp4&mp4-fragmented=false&s=508b1918ae1c5cea47ee4c2592b5feef

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Have to say if nothing else 2.0 has caused some drat good memes to be created

canyonero posted:

Went 4-2 in day 1B of Worlds, good enough to qualify for day 2. The alt art Fenn Rau and Zealous Recruit cards are First Edition on one side, and Second Edition on the other side.

Congrats. Is it Ghost/Fenn at dang near every table?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

canyonero posted:

I counted around 20 Ghost/Fenns at 1B (out of ~140 players). I was one of them. My first and fifth games of the day were mirror matches. At the start of the day, the guy to my left was playing Ghost/Fenn too. Guy to my right was playing Ghost/Fenn. Guy next to him was as well. We all just kind of laughed at the state of things.

I got to play against Paul Johnson, the New Zealander that won the Australian National Championship. He was running Miranda, Low, Jess. I managed to kill Low and Jess in a single turn, but I had already lost by that point. Still a fun game and he seemed like a really enjoyable dude. Later I played against Ben Lee, a former UK National Champion, playing Yorr, QD, Inq. This is the 2nd time I've played against Ben at a Worlds, and I've been lucky enough both times to get the win. I also played against Borja Ortuño, the Spanish National Champion. He also brought Ghost Fenn. I won initiative in both of my mirror matches, which was why I won both of them.

I have played against Paul, he's a good guy. He ended up 5-1 for the day. You did drat well against some great players.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Really happy with half points on everything. No more points fortress running away with one hull for 30 minutes.

Cobbsprite posted:

Lambda shuttle's dice don't matter. Its only function is as a Palpmobile.

With evades only changing a die, 2 dice can matter

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Glad they announced this week since a lot of shops are doing May the 4th discounts over the weekend. Just preordered and paid for all of my 2.0 and got 20% off. Bought slave 1 since it was the only ship missing from my collection.

Also, 2 fang fighters because I can't resist spinnaz wings.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Wapole Languray posted:

I'd predict that matches are going to be a lot of slow maneuvering, with stuff dying fast if you get it in your sights. So turns of just dodging around each other, but when poo poo lines up it's a bloodbath.

I really like how the X-Wing, just with the S-Foils, has a loving niche now. With the emphasis on movement I can totally see X-Wings closing foils to maneuver around like crazy, then popping open for the kill-blow.

What I'm going to ASSUME based on 1.0 trends for the factions:

Rebels: Tough ships that have effects based around mostly synergizing with each other. Some good standalone ace types, but most ships will have support style abilities with lots of syergy and a focus on combos. Heavily rewards creative comboing and list building. You can make up for lackluster flying with a good ability synergy. Weakness would be that once you start losing ships your combos fall apart, so a lost ship can cripple Rebels worse than others.

Imperials: Cheap fragile swarms mixed with powerful aces. Little synergy between ships, most abilities are going to focus on just making the basic abilities BETTER. Lots of strategy based on maneuvering around, getting fire concentrated, and just plain skilled flying. Rewards skill with maneuvering over everything else. You can have a bunch of ships that don't synergize, but each is just scary enough when flown well to still work. Weakness is that they are unforgiving. Hit debris, make a wrong turn, get stressed at a bad time and even the nastiest ships turn into clouds of gas in the blink of an eye.

Scum: Weird gimmick ships. Every ship has a niche THING they do, and the trick is to find a combo of ships and fly them in ways that use their gimmicks to the max. Like a mix of rebels and imperials in that way. I'd figure Scum is going to be the "hardest" faction to play, as it requires both skilled flying and good pre-game list building. Weakness is that if the enemy can counter the gimmick of a ship, it's hosed. Fang Fighters are terrifying at Range 1, but at longer ranges they're in trouble for example.

Does that make sense? That's the vibe I always got from the factions myself.

Supposedly this is what the factions are geared towards according to the stream.

Rebel: Support

Imps: Bonuses for close or formation flying

Scum: Every man for himself including damaging friendlies for bonuses

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Vitamin P posted:

It's not quite the same, coming away with a shiny new spaceship toy takes the edge off actually having paid for the upgrade card.

I had a look through my collection and have exactly equal numbers of scum, empire and rebellion ships. Time to choose just one to stick with for a while and think it's got to be scum, they have the coolest looking ships.

Go all three... do it... you know you want to.
Honestly, besides giving one away to a friend, I am probably sticking to Scum >Resistance>Rebel. I have everything Imp, but I have only gone to one single tournament with an Imp list. If tie swarms are viable again then I will be deep in it.

I really, really like how actions are going to work. Measure for a TL and it's out of range or can't land that roll? Bye, bye action for that round. Still getting lot of enjoyment from the grief a few well know 4 tlt y-wing players are getting.

What is everyone going to do with the 1.0 cards when it's all over? A few of us are thinking of having a burn barrel at a tournament to burn cards they are glad are gone.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Admiral Joeslop posted:

We know we're getting new pilots in some ships, or at least old pilots in ships (Thane in an X-wing, one of the ARC pilots in a Y-wing).

What if... what if we finally get K-2SO as a pilot?

I really hope we do. I also hope we never see another Sabine Wren crew card again.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Watching the Top 16 at world's and 2.0 can't come soon enough. Blah

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

TheCenturion posted:

poo poo, I love that the must have cards are just plain built in.

and TLTs will be rotting in hell

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
That kid flying the control BroBots is flying like a daemon.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

canyoneer posted:

That really was an excellent game. Has that 1 straight template been the right length, I bet the bomber would have been ionized off.

Yeah, I am really glad he won. His opponent had to know his template was too short. Pretty sure the first thing we all do when we get new templates is to compare the lengths with the old templates.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Here is a half decent google doc with a lot of the 2.0 info. Most we know, but there is some new stuff in there.

If the translation is right new Palp is Pre-Nerf Palp.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WBD6vYa6cXMFsQNdbfSK1kjQdscdsQ_aLfMTbGqRsfY/mobilebasic

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Obama 2012 posted:

Looking forward to a Scum upgrade that supercharges your ship, but requires you to discard one charge after every round and when you run out your ship explodes.

ConfusedUs posted:

This is how dead man's switch should work.

Stop it. I can only get so hard.

Shouldn't we be hearing about store championships soon? The new format doesn't kick off till 2019.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ugggh still 4 months to go till 2.0

Any rumours when Saw's Renegades is going to be released?

Raged fucked around with this message at 09:52 on May 15, 2018

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

banned from Starbucks posted:

I think I'm just gonna stop until 2.0 is out. I dunno when store champ are supposed to start. Maybe ill gently caress around with them for a bit but ugh this meta..... I have like no desire to really play any 1.0 stuff anymore besides a few Poe lists I'll never get to fly again.

I'm in two minds about playing 1.0. On one hand, I just want to say screw it and play fun stuff till 2.0. On the other hand, I want to run my best list and give the last (and my first) 1.0 Nationals a good run.

My Poonapple list is still kicking rear end and taking names when I don't have a brain fart.

Might tool around with this at the flgs monthly for a change of pace.

Wullffwarro (30)
Expertise (4)
Tactician (2)
Hull Upgrade (3)

Lowhhrick (28)
Expertise (4)
Tactician (2)
C-3PO (3)

Ezra Bridger (Sheathipede) (17)
Snap Shot (2)
Hera Syndulla (1)
R3-A2 (2)
Pulsed Ray Shield (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
How about those loving Hawks.

Scum: Torkil being able to lower a enemy ship’s PS to 0 for the engagement phase is going to be beastly.

Reserves sounds like something that could be pretty drat nifty.

However, few things will top the tears of Miranda players. They are a tasty treat.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Has anyone in the US or EU heard anything about store championships for this year? They should be happening by now. I am 99% sure that pre-orders already happened for US shops.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

darkroot posted:

I'd never really considered that I might be able to do this, and now that I realize it might be an option for 2.0, I'm unreasonably excited about it.

With the 2 spinnnaz version I am getting, I will have 5. Don't think I will be able to field 5, but a boy can dream.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ghost with docked shuttle and Ezra crew can attack 3 times

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Also interesting, it's any time he rolls dice. Bombs, asteroids, crew abilities like Lando...

That’s my kind of dirty

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Had a good tourney today. Flew 2 Wookies and Strezra.

Highlight thought is that the flgs owner picked this up for me and another friend who run the X-wing tournaments.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Store champ kits have leaked. Supposedly Australia is only getting 12 due o a FFG gently caress up.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Going to be really cool to see 1 ace+ generics lists become common.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Here is the story of how FFG hosed up and now all FFG games in Australia won't have store champ kits.

https://intelsweep.wordpress.com/2018/06/05/australia-to-get-leftover-store-champs-kits-for-all-ffg-systems/

It has gotten really bad lately with kits. Aussie shops have yet to receive the metal shield token kits.

Edit: Just looking through FB and forums people are loving piiiiiiiisssed

Raged fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 5, 2018

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Nah I've seen the metal shield tokens here though?

Edit: if SA gets two kits it'll be enough to go around to all active players lol

Wow, figured SA would be pretty active.

The Bathurst area would have 3 itself. Sydney and the coast go through tons.

Besides X-Wing, I was reallllllly looking forward to a Legion store champ this year.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Hey, does anyone know any shops or people who have store championships kits they want to sell? Australia is getting about 4 or 5. A couple shops bought a couple of kits from shops that weren't going to use them.

Pretty dire down here.

edit: Final numbers are out and it looks like 12 kits for the entire country. Last year Australia went through about 60-70.

Raged fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 7, 2018

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Devlan Mud posted:

If they aren’t going to run a tournament report them to FFG OP.

That's not the problem. Australian shops are not getting store champ kits due to an FFG OP and distributor gently caress up. Shops are having to beg for spare kits wherever they could find them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Bistromatic posted:

Crossposting this from the mini painting thread: In preparation for getting into the game with 2.0 i designed and manufactured a template set. I'll be leaving my scale modeling job in a few weeks so it's also a bit of a parting gift to myself.

Since i decided i playing Scum i thought really hard about the core of the faction identity. What i arrived at was: get high, get rich

The set comes in two carrying cases made from black acrylic. I decided to split them because i didn't want to extend the main case to the 30cm required to fit the range 3 ruler.

Each case consists of two halves held together by magnets.

The template themselves contain 1.5 x 0.5 mm magnets that are weak enough not to be noticable during gameplay. They to however proved enough of a field for the 3mm magnets inside each tray to hold the templates in place.

Hard to capture in photos but the designs are engraved from the back so they have a nice depth to them when the lighting is right.

The range rulers are 15mm wide but flare out to 20mm at one end, this will hopefully help with checking the new bullseye arc.

If space is at a premium the lower halves have grooves that allow me to stand up the templates in half the surface area of the opened cases.

I was about 90% done with this project when i went to watch Solo, guess i'm working for Crimson Dawn now :v:

Jesus gently caress. I just ordered my new ones on the weekend and I am glad you are not selling these otherwise I would be mad at myself