Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath Major Lunah, Senor Massacre and Miyamoto Mushashi, all from Infinity, by Corvus Belli (re-based for Aristeia), plus a Totem Huntress, from the April MiniCrate (32mm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete

Apologies for the slightly-too-dark photos this month. Thought I had more light than I actually did.

Claiming Jurnal for the half-hearted attempt at the quilting on the lining of Lunah's cloak;

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath two Ninjas, from Infinity by Corvus Belli

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath two Ninjas, from Infinity by Corvus Belli

And to this I add one Fat Yuan Yuan, also from Infinity

Ninjas were quicker than anticipated.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
No Jurnal this week (unless the skin showing on the Yuan-Yuan counts), but a nice, relaxing bit of painting.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For my sins, I, LazyAngel, Oath for July, one Dwarf Endrinmaster, and 5 Thunderers, all by GW

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Low effort photography this month, as I can't be arsed to pack away my painting gear.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For August, I, LazyAngel, oath three Endrinriggers (GW, 28mm)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Unto my oath, because no bad idea deserves to go unattempted, I add one Knight Incantor (GW, 28mm)

This will not be monochrome.

This will be fabulous

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

And here's the Knight-Incantor in all his 70's-van-mural glory;

Chrome effect worked well, not so happy with the purple OSL, but think I got the starfield right, although the colours are a bit muted on camera (blue, purple and green washes in patches over the stars).

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

TheFinalTuba posted:

Wow, I really like those stars

Thanks. turns out they're not too bad - dot of white, then drag it in four directions with a fine brush. Glaze over the top, then re-dot the center with white.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points: LazyAngel

...I mean, holy poo poo. The shift from aged bronze to lavender OSL makes an excellent use of contrasts, and that color placement does wonders to draw focus. The scheme really makes these figures seem dynamic and powerful. You even managed to work in a few small lenses here and there (did everyone just go for both parts of the challenge this month?).

Thanks hugely!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete

Small this month, as had the whole army box to assemble.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

Erm... you didn't actually oath anything this month? I double checked your posting history in case I missed it but can't find it. If you still have your timestamped before picture, post it and I'll let you off this time.

I did wonder why I couldn’t see the oath post image in my imgur; here it is - 5 Arkanaut Company, from Age of Sigmar

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath four Chainrasps for October, from Nightvault, by GW

Playing around with schemes at the moment, but seemed season-appropriate and am a bit inspired.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath four Chainrasps for October, from Nightvault, by GW

Playing around with schemes at the moment, but seemed season-appropriate and am a bit inspired.

Oath Addition; the Briar Queen, Ever-hanged and Varclav, also from Nightvault

Figured I might as well finish off the ghosties, now I've got a scheme down.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Forgot how fun rust and tarnish could be.

I'd like to claim the Technique challenge for the blue->white blend. Apologies for slightly lovely photos - didn't have room to set up the lightbox this month.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for November Magore and his dogge, from Warhammer Underworlds

Figured this month's theme made the model choice a bit easier.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

grassy gnoll posted:

First place, for three points: Lazy Angel

These are my favorite models for this month's theme. You've got lovely color gradations all over these specters, with attention paid to the light sourcing, along with good depth and interesting texturing on the fabrics and metals.

Thanks! The rusty metal was quite fun, and the blue blend was oddly restful to paint.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition!

The other two of Magore's Friends

Should be quicker, as per my 'test the colour scheme on the hero again' technique...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete

Magore's Friends all done and dusted!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath Zarbag's Gitz from Warhammer Underworlds for December

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

grassy gnoll posted:

November Judgements

Third place goes to Lazy Angel

And I'm limited to putting these as third, which is a shame. These have to be in the top 3 for that extremely fine blue alone, but the metallics are excellent, and that axe is breathtakingly disgusting.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Second Place, 2 points: LazyAngel

The battle damage isn't as pronounced on these guys, but the nicks and cracks in their armor are nicely enhanced, and that blue is downright shimmery. And that tooth-axe is going to give me nightmares.

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: Lazy Angel

A great, muted colorscheme. The metal is lovely, the blues are cold and subdued, Riptooth looks great as a flayed dog-thing, and Magore's axe is nice and gross.

Thanks all! Had immense fun painting these guys. Nice to just relax and paint for once.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Still plagued by non-matt varnish, but took some time playing with the Vallejo effects paints this month.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for January, Shakti, Yadu Officer and one Yadu Trooper, both from Infinity

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition! An Asura, and an Apsara Cyberdancer, both from Infinity

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Apologies for terrible pic; really low-energy month for a multitude of reasons, and couldn't work up much enthusiasm. Happy with the colour scheme though, and won't be too much of an arse to take forwards.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for February, one Troggoth Hag, by Forgeworld

Bit of a bigger job this month, and can't be arsed to get the airbrush out.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

grassy gnoll posted:

January Judgement

Second place for two points, Lazy Angel

A different and interesting take on ALEPH units. The Asura is a particular favorite. I think I would have liked to see a little more meticulous detail work on the other models, since they're all gribbly enough to merit that kind of attention.

Thanks! Although I have to admit I was phoning it in a bit for January; couldn't quite get into the swing of things.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Very happy with how this came out, even though it was a bit hard to pin down the skin colour.

And for this I'm also going to claim The Daily Double - both June's Guns Out and January's Every Step You Take...

First attempt at skin, done the scales and fin drybrushing.

After the skin was complete

Arm attached, with last touches on the skin to go, including masking the join.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for March one Corporate Security Unit, from Infinity by Corvus Belli

Unambitious this month - not sure how much time/energy I'll have between a holiday and an exceedingly ill cat.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Did have more, with addition photo taken, but managed to forget to put it in the thread. No worries though - was a bit of a scrappy month.

Came out a bit shiny due to over-enthusiastic application of varnish.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath for April one Rudras GunBot, from Infinity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete

Finally getting the hang of the colour scheme.