Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Hey my life is crazy right now but I want to try and start this off anyway. I, Ashcans, oath this reaper bones bear for may

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this pot-bellied fish guy by Reaper

My life is crazy and I'll be going on vacation in three weeks, so I'm just going to stick to one guy.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath complete!

Sorry for the bad photos, reporting from my phone :suicide:

Edit: I forgot, I'm claiming Guns out on account of the absence of clothing.

Ashcans fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 18, 2018

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Hey guys! I bought a house and moved over the summer so I completely fell off the wagon on painting. I just set up a painting area (the first time I have had space for a dedicated one in years!) so I am going to make a comeback for November. I've been looking through everything I missed and there is lots of great work! Good job to everyone who bettered me and kept up oathing.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this Privateer Press Grundback Gunner for November

I have two of these guys painted with battle damage, so this seems like the time to round out the group.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

Nothing amazing, but it's good to be painting again. :toot: I am claiming the challenge for the battle damage on this guy.

For next month: get a better photo setup in place!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm Privateer Press Gorten Grundback, Rhunic Warcaster for December

:toot:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Bonus Point: Ashcans

I love the rusty gouges on this little robot. :awesomelon:

Oh wow, thanks! I have been doing up a whole company with this trend at a glacial pace; they're mercenaries so I assume they blow money on booze and swank weapons rather than repairing cosmetic damage.

Speaking of which, Oath complete! for the little guys commander:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Ilor posted:

Oath Complete! Behold my Fat Yuan Yuan!

Apologies for the washed-out color, my disk partition that had Adobe CS3 on it died and I can't find my install media, so I couldn't correct the white-balance.

I was very happy with the way the greasy smoke from the jet-pack turned out. Seems fitting that a greasy fat man descends to earth on a column of greasy smoke.

And speaking of grease, home-boy is housing some noodles:

But of course, he's a greasy fat man, so we all know how this ends:

This is why Fat Yuan Yuan should never wear white. The other guy's dingy mustard-yellow shirt hides stains way better - he is clearly a pro.

Corvus Belli eats a lot of (well deserved) poo poo for the cheesecake in their model line (especially the older stuff), but these sculpts are hilarious genius, from the double-chins to the sliver of belly hanging out of the t-shirt. The discarded beer keg is also surprisingly detailed:

As mentioned in my oath post for this month, this oath was a Rescue Ranger, as I'd originally started these guys as part of one of last season's oaths and just never got around to finishing them. Also, I am claiming this month's Multidimensional Mashup Challenge (Hey me, meet the Real Me!) for two different representations of the same character (hilariously labeled on the original packaging - a Chinese take-away box, of course - as "Combat Action!!!" and "Eating Action!!!").

Finally moving into our new house (huzzah!) also allows me to claim Spring Cleaning! Before:

After:

Unpacking all of my painting stuff was among my highest priorities in the new house. It's nice to have a dedicated space to do hobby stuff again.

Your before space is way better than after I had unpacked and cleaned up.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Love those Eldar!

I, Ashcans, oath this Privateer Press Grundback Driller for January. This will round out my Rhunic battlegroup.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

Here are some progress shots:

And here is a link to an Imgur gallery with progress shots, as well as additional pictures of the final product.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Ugleb posted:

Oath Complete!

Just want to say that this Batman is rad as hell, really nice work.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

It took me a bit to upload this, hope that's ok. I haven't actually started painting so I can take another picture if needed. :ohdear:

I, Ashcans, oath this Privateer Press Circle Gnarlhorn Satyr for february

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Your robuts are adorable, scrappy, rusty dudes with a ton of character. Your WIP photos were also a really nice illustration of your method.

Thanks a lot! I have had fun with running through my backlog of these guys.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Welp, it's midnight here and fortunately I can say oath complete in the nick of time.

The base is very simple because I haven't worked out any basing theme for this army so I don't want to complicate it too much beyond the basics for now. I am claiming the challenge for this guy's fuzzy butt.

Also, while I really love this model for the way it looks, putting it together is a pain the rear end and it has the stupidest body/neck/head arrangement I think I have ever worked with and seems to be specifically designed to make pinning it or other attachment methods a nightmare. I was really close to just pouring JB weld over everything.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath one Privateer Press Circle of Ouroboros Argos for March

Kind of late on this but hopefully just doing a little doggy will be reasonable.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

Here I finished painting this good boy:

March is a bananas month for me, so I'm glad I managed to get anything done, even just one dude. I need to get a warlock painted, I have three beasts done now!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oh wow the months half gone. I, Ashcans, oath a 28mm Adeptus Sororitas Battle Sister by Games Workshop for April

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

For nest month I really need to set up a photobooth so that I can stop being lazy and taking middling pictures on my phone.

Also, here is All Together Now; compared to others I did a pretty paltry amount this year, but really I'm just glad to still be painting. I hope to finish more next round! :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Thanks to Zark and the judges and everyone who makes this thread happen. It's pretty much the reason I still do any painting or modeling and I am grateful for it! Onward and upward to the new thread.