Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

the first cause for concern among the cheerleaders came when Redskins officials collected their passports upon arrival at the resort, depriving them of their official identification.

What the actual gently caress? Washington team, just like Dubai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's not his fault your dumb team did that.

It's his fault that he averages 3.8 ypc

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

iospace posted:

Or traded up for Trubinsky.

That one will forever hold a place in my heart since I was at my brother in laws house who is a HUGE Bears fan and watching his reaction as that hole thing unfolded was just amazing.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Washed or not that seems a little ridiculous

I mean poo poo, Romo has no real reason to say this if he's useless, right?

a neat cape posted:

It's his fault that he averages 3.8 ypc

You may find the OL has something to do with that among other things

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 2, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I tried using r/nflstreams for a while but don't think I ever made it through a whole game without it freezing up or otherwise glitching severely. Usually it happened within 15 minutes.

The (European) Game Pass had a lot of hiccups after switching their tech last year, to the point of them issuing a partial refund without asking, but I'm with forums poster Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! when it comes to the benefits of a set-top box and big screen. Except that they broke the Apple TV 2nd gen app during the update and never bothered fixing it :mad:

For me the illegal streams work pretty drat well, sometimes it's worth it to try a few different streams before settling on the one that works for you.

That being said, one of the important things a stream can't give you is the ability to watch games you missed, which NFL Redzone does give you (in addition to condensed versions, audio, and all-22 coaches film).

I'm going to use both so I can watch both live games and replays, so that should pretty much cover everything. Like people already said, those TV rights are still worth a LOT of money that's paid to the NFL; they would have to stop selling totally exclusive live rights to media companies and they're probably not ready to do that yet because it's such a huge part of their business model. I'm sure they are nervous too that if they switch over to all digital their revenue will fall for whatever reason.

It's frustrating, but I'm going to see what price Red Zone comes in at for the start of next season before judging. I think something around 150 or less would be acceptable.

a neat cape posted:

I sure love 8 TDs and a career 3.9 ypc

First round talent!

That guy was right he's not the greatest feature back but your fixation on him as the source of all the Chargers' problems is somewhat strange

Holy poo poo.... this is one of the worst stories yet in a season that's already seen multiple scandals about the disgusting way that teams treat these women. A good microcosm of what's totally hosed up in the NFL

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/991751570869161985

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dan Snyder being terrible to everyone isn't a shock whatsoever.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Play posted:

That guy was right he's not the greatest feature back but your fixation on him as the source of all the Chargers' problems is somewhat strange

Running back is the Chargers weakest position right now so why shouldn't I focus on it

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So why didn't he just go The Replacements route and hire actual strippers and prostitutes and everyone would have been happy. Change the name to Washington Sentinels, and hire Keanu Reeves to be QB.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

may washington never win again

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You could shutdown all the "cheerleader" squads in the NFL and maybe lose 1 fan.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Suddenly, the Bills' pathetic treatment of their old cheerleading squad doesn't seem so bad

(it was still bad, just not Washington-bad)

Nov 6, 2002

iospace posted:

You could shutdown all the "cheerleader" squads in the NFL and maybe lose 1 fan.

I wish I could agree, but right now there would be lots idiots making paper over it.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

iospace posted:

You would lose zero fans in the long run, but for one week, MAGA chuds would burn their team gear and post the videos online.

So it's actually a gain, because the idiots would then go buy new gear.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

waah posted:

So why didn't he just go The Replacements route and hire actual strippers and prostitutes and everyone would have been happy. Change the name to Washington Sentinels, and hire Keanu Reeves to be QB.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

may washington never win again

:agreed:

iospace posted:

Counterpoint: a stupidly high number of people lost their poo poo over the anthem protests and swore off the NFL.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

whypick1 posted:

Counterpoint: a stupidly high number of people lost their poo poo over the anthem protests and swore off the NFL.

I don't know about that

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Cleveland still does not hav Cheerleaders, for which I am grateful.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't know about that

I was at a Super Bowl party where most of the people there were excited about the XFL because there wasn't going to be any anthem protests. These people are out there.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't know about that

They did for a week, if that, then quietly went back to watching just like they did before.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Suddenly Nic Pizzolatto's writer's block with True Detective Season 3 breaks open like a dam bursting.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Flikken posted:

The Packers do, but not in the NFL sense. They're the cheerleading squads from St Norberts and UW-Green Bay, and they dress like they would for their home schools games, only in green and gold.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I was gonna be salty and say the Hawks would kill for someone that got 3.8 ypc but jfc why waste my time on that?

Honestly I'm hoping this is isolated to the notably lovely DC franchise and their notorious lovely owner it isn't, is it?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I know there's been a lot coming out how when you do the math Cheerleaders make $1/hour or something ridiculously low for how much time they actually put in the job and all that poo poo about the 300 page guideline books Cheerleaders get when they get "hired" on.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

This is going to spark more people speaking up about stuff like this. It's disgusting and, sadly, probably not an isolated case.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Confiscating passports and pimping out cheerleaders to wealthy season ticket holders :stare:

Isn't that illegal?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

Confiscating passports and pimping out cheerleaders to wealthy season ticket holders :stare:

Isn't that illegal?

Snyder liked his visit to Abu Dhabi I guess

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

whypick1 posted:

:agreed:

Yeah, but what's more important? Respecting the flag or respecting women? The answer might surprise you. It won't

Flikken posted:

Same with the Bears, and I feel equally grateful.

iospace posted:

As more of this comes out, you will find teams deciding whether it is worth having cheerleaders as slave labor. They will come to the conclusion that the only way it will be viable to keep having cheerleaders is if they are treated with respect. And that's when the NFL will stop having cheerleaders.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/991763563009183744

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

axeil posted:

Isn't that illegal?

That's why they did it in Costa Rica.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Manoueverable posted:

I was gonna be salty and say the Hawks would kill for someone that got 3.8 ypc but jfc why waste my time on that?

Honestly I'm hoping this is isolated to the notably lovely DC franchise and their notorious lovely owner it isn't, is it?

Looking at how the former Panthers owner behaved, and how lovely, conservative, racist old men tend to think about women...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Does Gregg Easterbrook still fawn over cheerleaders in his column like the dirty disgusting old man he is?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

piss tape israel posted:

Does Gregg Easterbrook still fawn over cheerleaders in his column like the dirty disgusting old man he is?

Easterbrook hasn't been relevant since like 2008

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

piss tape israel posted:

Does he still even have a column?

I remember reading his column when I was in high school because there was such a dearth of good football-related media prior to me finding TFF.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

piss tape israel posted:

Easterbrook: Cold cheerleaders = a football win. Do a little dance. Football gods demand it!

There you go, it's like he never left.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

axeil posted:

I remember reading his column when I was in high school because there was such a dearth of good football-related media prior to me finding TFF.

Huh, he's writing for the Weekly Standard, a Murdoch rag that was founded by Bill Kristol.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
According to a quick google search Gregg Easterbrook's column is now in The Weekly Standard which looks to be a fairly Conservative publication, so I assume yes, he loves him some cheerleaders.

Nov 6, 2002

axeil posted:

Then you found TFF and gave up?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Snyder's gonna get out of this by claiming that prostituting the cheerleaders is actually a sign of honor and respect.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

AsInHowe posted:

Snyder's gonna get out of this by claiming that prostituting the cheerleaders is actually a sign of honor and respect.

Nah, they'll just pick one person on a lower rung to blame it on, fire them, then move the next trip to Dubai and make them all sign NDAs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This feels like it's Jerry Richardson tier.

• Locked thread