Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Here's something fun, FO went through and took a look at how many sacks each team took / got that weren't due to pressure, so the QB falling over, failed scrambles or long coverage sacks.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2018/which-defenses-depended-non-pressure-sacks-2017

It's pretty funny to see the Tyrod effect, and also the holy poo poo was Tampa's D bad effect. Washington also is weird for basically never getting those sacks, while Cousins also wouldn't take them.
Bortles only gave up 3 non-pressure sacks?!? What twilight zone bullshit is this?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Bortles only gave up 3 non-pressure sacks?!? What twilight zone bullshit is this?

Can't throw a pick if you're getting sacked forehead tapping gif goes here

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Which NFL coach would make the best cult leader? Because it's obviously not Pete Carroll.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Which NFL coach would make the best cult leader? Because it's obviously not Pete Carroll.

Belichick probably has the vision and amoral drive to do it. He definitely has the cultish tenancies in terms of organizational structure and secrecy

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Tom Brady in two or three years.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

also Tony Dungy could probably get a good old fashioned evangelical cult going, but it'd be so boring as to not be worth reporting on I'm afraid

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Coldforge posted:

Tom Brady in two or three years.

Tom Brady reclines comfortably on the massage table, a long line of young boys stretching out the door.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Jim Tomsula's Cult of the Golden Hoagie

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Raku posted:

Jim Tomsula's Cult of the Golden Hoagie

Would join.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Which coach was the one running the pizza pedophile ring? He would probably be good at it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can see it now, Allison Mack branding young boys and girls with Todd Haley and his wife's name.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Former NFL coach... Saban.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The New Empathy sounds like the name of a try-hard post-rock-but-thats-just-what-rock-sounds-like-now band, or maybe their first album, or both, with taglines of "like the aesophantic love child of The Arcade Fire and The Killers", who are currently being played into the ground by every indie rock station and who your tedious marketing executive friend remarked to everyone on Facebook "saw them at SXSW last year between cloud storage conferences and they were brilliant!".

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
so can someone give me the quick summary on whether or not TFF thinks Lane Johnson/Brandon Brooks are geniuses or stupid for valuing fun over winning? I worked all week and only got to hear the sports radio hot takes and I tried to scroll through like 15 of the most recent pages in this thread but only found people talkin' bout politics and talking 'bout XLIX again for some reason

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Finger Prince posted:

The New Empathy sounds like the name of a try-hard post-rock-but-thats-just-what-rock-sounds-like-now band, or maybe their first album, or both, with taglines of "like the aesophantic love child of The Arcade Fire and The Killers", who are currently being played into the ground by every indie rock station and who your tedious marketing executive friend remarked to everyone on Facebook "saw them at SXSW last year between cloud storage conferences and they were brilliant!".

i'm curious what your definition of post-rock is

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

its rear end

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

so can someone give me the quick summary on whether or not TFF thinks Lane Johnson/Brandon Brooks are geniuses or stupid for valuing fun over winning? I worked all week and only got to hear the sports radio hot takes and I tried to scroll through like 15 of the most recent pages in this thread but only found people talkin' bout politics and talking 'bout XLIX again for some reason

Nooooooooobody cares, is the TFF consensus.

edit: though I should acknowledge that there is a large contingent of "lol Patriots" as well

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 1, 2018

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

i mean, you say "value fun over winning" but they also both won so i don't know what there is to debate. The fact that it's ostensibly pretty soul rending to play for the patriots isn't exactly surprising anyone.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/44021469

Cant prove to the NFL that he has chronic pain so NFL rejects use of weed.

Goes on opioids gave him to deal with his chronic pain, starts to ramp up dosage himself because he "found other ways to get pills"

gently caress this league

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Alaois posted:

i'm curious what your definition of post-rock is

The New Empathy

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Good band name would see concert.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/44021469

Cant prove to the NFL that he has chronic pain so NFL rejects use of weed.

Goes on opioids gave him to deal with his chronic pain, starts to ramp up dosage himself because he "found other ways to get pills"

gently caress this league

They weren't going to allow it anyway

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So in honor of JR Smith being terrible, what is the NFL equivalent of someone doing something completely boneheaded on a single play to lose a playoff game?

Obviously my vote has to take a petty shot at a division rival, but any others?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps-VeHN4_wc

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Not giving the ball to Lynch on the one yard line....

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN9bDZ4ej_w

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

waah posted:

So in honor of JR Smith being terrible, what is the NFL equivalent of someone doing something completely boneheaded on a single play to lose a playoff game?

Not a play off game but a browns player taking off his helmet on the field because he thought the play was over only to find out it wasn't and that put KC into field goal range with 0 on the clock.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the saints missing the xp and losing the game after a kickoff TD that had a bunch of laterals

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I think for me the gold standard is Tony Romo screwing up the hold in the 2006 wild card game, particularly if you want just dumb mistakes. This isn't a great angle for a video of it, but you get the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVuQ5aw0HAQ

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm gonna say the Browns can win 4-6 games this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

Not a play off game but a browns player taking off his helmet on the field because he thought the play was over only to find out it wasn't and that put KC into field goal range with 0 on the clock.

This was so mind bafflingly weird. The penalty was absolutely necessary for the Chiefs to win but the Browns also couldn't tackle a tackle rumbling down the field for 30 yards or so. Not to mention Trent Green lateraling the ball to a tackle somehow working out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOfUBG0pKjk

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Substandard posted:

I think for me the gold standard is Tony Romo screwing up the hold in the 2006 wild card game, particularly if you want just dumb mistakes. This isn't a great angle for a video of it, but you get the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVuQ5aw0HAQ

better version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA9ProiLG-o&t=428s

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lmao, that PIT vs. CIN playoff game was def pro tier fun.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Eh, the Eagles scored the next play anyway. Was pretty hilarious though.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

boop the snoot posted:

the saints missing the xp and losing the game after a kickoff TD that had a bunch of laterals

Wasn’t a playoff game.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

ITT I learned that half of TFF doesn't know what "playoff game" means.

But it gives me another excuse to post my favorite brownsfan.avi

https://twitter.com/Sobe_homie/status/671550624069230592

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Shere posted:

i mean, you say "value fun over winning" but they also both won so i don't know what there is to debate. The fact that it's ostensibly pretty soul rending to play for the patriots isn't exactly surprising anyone.

hey totally fair, I just didn't know if there were any hot takes (divorcing the context from the Patriots) about football players that would rather win one championship and then spend their career dinking around versus working really hard to win as many as you can

I also don't think it was going to be a big surprise that playing for the Patriots wasn't fun, what with Tommy Boy's overwhelming attitude about having to be the best at everything. I guess some players thought "No Days Off" was a little sarcastic

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Well he’s one of the best QBs of all time so yeah there’s probably zero relevance to his “work hard at your craft” mentality that he has.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

Brett Farve Throws To Tracy Porter Instead Of Running.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

waah posted:

Marlon mccree

• Locked thread