Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

“4-panel construction reduces seams and enlarges the striking surface”

Enlarged the striking surface?? It’s a ball. you can strike it everywhere, what the hell does that even mean?

I mean the Jabulani was a loving disaster so these things do matter to professionals but I imagine they're mostly apparent in set pieces. To us, yes, hitting it anywhere is fine.

Also they have to sell another ball duh. It's like kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I mean the Jabulani was a loving disaster so these things do matter to professionals but I imagine they're mostly apparent in set pieces. To us, yes, hitting it anywhere is fine.

Also they have to sell another ball duh. It's like kits.

Nice to meet you Jabulani

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

so you need to pay three services now to watch all of the foot :thumbsup:

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

ephex posted:

so you need to pay three services now to watch all of the foot :thumbsup:

It's definitely cool that trying to stop a monopoly means I have to pay a lot more than when Sky just had it all.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Amazon's one is weird, they have all the matches from 2 rounds, both in December. So they'll be pushing the month free trials pretty hard. It also means those matches won't be on any actual TV at all.

So they're going to stream 10 matches in 2 days in the middle of a December week and then all 10 on "A festive bank holiday", which means either boxing day or new years day has no football on TV.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Death to capitalism

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

I must be missing something, I only count 36 matchdays included in the rights - 32 on 5 packages, and 2 matchdays each on the last 2.

I guess there are 2 more special matchdays not included, im guessing maybe the other festive bank holiday and the last day of the season are handled differently. Anyone know?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

fat gay nonce posted:

It's definitely cool that trying to stop a monopoly means I have to pay a lot more than when Sky just had it all.

it’s a cartel. the only way to stop a monopoly would be to sell 100% rights to multiple companies. This is bullshit

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In the UK you could still subscribe to all of those services and not be able to see the match you want.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

julian assflange posted:

In the UK you could still subscribe to all of those services and not be able to see the match you want.

well yeah, if your Acestream broke

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

FullLeatherJacket posted:

well yeah, if your Acestream broke

when you get to a certain age it’s nice to watch sport on a big telly in your nice house, not on a laptop in your filthy hovel

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

when you get to a certain age it’s nice to watch sport on a big telly in your nice house, not on a laptop in your filthy hovel

It’s this

Also isn’t Acestream loaded with spyware and poo poo

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

lol at anyone who has a house

I0m a millennial ffs

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

RideTheSpiral posted:

Why are you watching streams on a laptop and not on that nice big telly in your nice house?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Why are you watching streams on a laptop and not on that nice big telly in your nice house?

Because it’s 720p and buffers because some dude is running it off his ISDN line from Moldova

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I just cast the stream to my firestick on my TV

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Because it’s 720p and buffers because some dude is running it off his ISDN line from Moldova

lol? It's not 2010 anymore; 1080p streams are super easy to find and are stable.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

oliwan posted:

lol? It's not 2010 anymore; 1080p streams are super easy to find and are stable.

lol alright nerd. ill just pay £50 a month for everything alctually

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

RideTheSpiral posted:

Flj has a massive head and depression

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

RideTheSpiral posted:

lol alright nerd. ill just pay £50 a month for everything alctually

That's cool I guess :shrug:

I'll just pay €0 for everything actually lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Paying for football on tv, especially in the UK where you don't even get all the games lol, is massively retarded

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

oliwan posted:

Paying for football on tv, especially in the UK where you don't even get all the games lol, is massively retarded

Hello massively retarded

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hello massively retarded

Hello who?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

oliwan posted:

This.

NBC Sports in the states was great for two years but they really hosed with the availability of matches this season and I ended up streaming most everything (to my big 'ol telly!)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat... you can easily stream HD football... to a big telly?!?!? *grandpa faints*

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

fat gay nonce posted:

Flj has a massive head and depression

all the better to set up a HDMI link to my television that I tell people I don't own (but actually do!) with

always be stealing content, don't ever not be stealing content

Also isn’t Acestream loaded with spyware and poo poo

this is actually true and you can use Sodaplayer as an alternative, but that would be helpful advice and not jokes

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Hello massively retarded

Turn your monitor on

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
These weak as gently caress burns need to stop, next person to post a "turn your monitor on" or "don't sign your post" poo poo post in this thread is gonna eat a month.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Eat chain.

I’m annoyed af that I pay for sky, bt, prime and Netflix but at the same time every time I’ve been round someone’s house with a hacked firesick or whatever that “gets all the games, perfect 4K mate” they’re unable to find a stream or it buffers like poo poo and I watch it on my phone anyway. The fa should just work out how much it would cost per month to stick every single game on and then sell me that. It’s 2018 Ffs why even bother with a middle man anymore?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
They get more money by having someone else do all the infrastructure and maintenance work than doing it themselves. Plus, bidding wars between other companies are preferable to having customers complain about how lovely your service is and charging more every year for it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
We should all stop watching the bread and circus rigged farce that is sports and read books instead

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I wonder what % of Premier League fans in the U.S. who have NBC Sports actually paid for the gold poo poo.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

African AIDS cum posted:

We should all stop watching the bread and circus rigged farce that is sports and read books instead

[GALAXY BRAIN] *reading a book with the game in the background*

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Reprisal posted:

[GALAXY BRAIN] *reading a book with the game in the background*

[Universe Brain] *getting really into obscure wrestling*

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
casillas https://duckduckgo.com/?q=spain+netherlands+1+-+5&t=osx&ia=videos&iax=videos&iai=KjowRuIPtso

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Carabao_Cup/status/1005064614734909442

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Boo, I liked ABBA

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What was wrong with ABBA? Seems weird to change it back without explanation. Hadn't heard anybody complaining.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
What seeding was there? Do they mean teams in Europe going in later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Mickolution posted:

What seeding was there? Do they mean teams in Europe going in later?

In the early rounds the top placed league teams from the season before were not drawn

• Locked thread