Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Castlevania was enjoyable but it had a lot of audio problems I thought, especially with dialogue. It was hard to tell if it was the mix or an issue with performances/direction that wasn't quite suited to voicework.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

dogsicle posted:

eva is good, not really sure why you'd have to be depressed to appreciate it. it looks great, has some interesting one-off eps in the middle, and a fairly strong cast. i feel like the main thing that i hear turns some people off is just some of the writing/framing of female characters in the show and whether it all has an ultimate purpose, but it feels like the sort of conclusion you have to draw from watching it yourself.

The show does have an ultimate purpose: giant robots and melodrama

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Black cast and...?

racism against robots

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

ianmacdo posted:

Just watched Baki on netflix, it was pretty good. The first half especially, where it looked like they would just introduce people and then have them get murdered pretty much right away. The 2nd half was a bit disappointing when it turned out that pretty much everyone except for the convenience store clerks or cops were not actually dead.

Baki was worth it just for that one scene where his dad breaks into his bedroom.