Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Hey guys I've been a long time lurker and a recent poster, this is my first thread and I'm here to grouse about new feature requests.

I'd like to request, at least in yospos, the disabling of twitter embeds. Just take a screenshot for g's sake. That way you don't end up with dead links when the president deletes official tweet-cords and also threads are still readable when twitter inevitably goes to the venture capital farm up state.

Also, when you click NICE! it should give the other guy a popup, why would it give you one. It may already do this but I'm one person so I don't know.

I guess this is where people post their feature requests like a pumpkin colored theme but year round for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

request denied.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
tims the bomb dot com

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/992205110066335744

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Great requests, I'll add them to the backlog and give you a CR number

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Stymie exclusion zone, a thread where stymie can't post and you can talk about whatever you want. thanks

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Salt Fish posted:

Stymie exclusion zone, a thread where stymie can't post and you can talk about whatever you want. thanks

can we cross post stymiequotes from other threads?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

President Beep posted:

can we cross post stymiequotes from other threads?

Yes, but if someone replies you're on the hook to engage openly and earnestly.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Salt Fish posted:

Yes, but if someone replies you're on the hook to engage openly and earnestly.

ok. another question: can we argue in bad faith?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

TimWinter posted:

Hey guys I've been a long time lurker and a recent poster, this is my first thread and I'm here to grouse about new feature requests.

I'd like to request, at least in yospos, the disabling of twitter embeds. Just take a screenshot for g's sake. That way you don't end up with dead links when the president deletes official tweet-cords and also threads are still readable when twitter inevitably goes to the venture capital farm up state.

Also, when you click NICE! it should give the other guy a popup, why would it give you one. It may already do this but I'm one person so I don't know.

I guess this is where people post their feature requests like a pumpkin colored theme but year round for some reason.

do it yourself bitch. the open sores philosophy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

in general not necessarily in the context of stymie quoting

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
someone make a chrome extension that swaps twitter embeds to instead go to a web that screenshots the tweet on first load and then caches it forever afterwards

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
make it in svg so its super eazy. thanks to the op for making this new tool/web

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

if i ever need to save anything i just take a picture of the computer screen with my phone :shrug:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

obstipator posted:

someone make a chrome extension that swaps twitter embeds to instead go to a web that screenshots the tweet on first load and then caches it forever afterwards

people bring this up and i remind them that twitter has a super competent cdn and your load time will likely go up doing so

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jonny 290 posted:

people bring this up and i remind them that twitter has a super competent cdn and your load time will likely go up doing so

Yes, but by storing them on a goon created distributed computer network they'll have higher resiliency than haha just kidding.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
what if twitter but for images?

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

The Management posted:

what if twitter but for images?

ill lease the wework

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

lol i wondered what this was about when it popped up on me feeds

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
OP, u didn't put <THREAD> in the first post so i didn't read read anything except your post

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
before twitter embeds someone in here had written a web service that turned tweets into pictures and automatically uploaded them to imgur

can't remember what it was called

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
tweetcap or something?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tweetcrap probably

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I hate Twitter links because they timeout on chrome android and I dont want to install the app

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

graph posted:

tweetcap or something?

didn't that get deep-sixed by twitter under tos violation

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

uncurable mlady posted:

didn't that get deep-sixed by twitter under tos violation

sounds about right, they really don't like people not deleting stuff

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Wow I forgot I made this.

Are there rules against bots? I want to make a bot account that shits up the occasional yospos thread similar to the Markov stuff being done two threads down.

mystes
May 31, 2006

TimWinter posted:

status changed to wontfix

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

TimWinter posted:

Wow I forgot I made this.

Are there rules against bots? I want to make a bot account that shits up the occasional yospos thread similar to the Markov stuff being done two threads down.

if memory serves, either smythe or zdr threatened a yosposting bot with death if it posted outside of a particular thread

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flakeloaf posted:

if memory serves, either smythe or zdr threatened a yosposting bot with death if it posted outside of a particular thread

yeah i can't remember what exactly they agreed to

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

flakeloaf posted:

lol, toribot?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

graph posted:

yeah i can't remember what exactly they agreed to

i tried to check but the source on that was you, so :shrug:

graph posted:

admin response: keep all bots in the bot threads. bots posting out of bot threads will be banned.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

i think clicking Nice! does pop up for the other person because i get those pop ups all the goddamn time. since i am such a good poster i asdume that is why

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

clicking nice used to post nice

then it used to show a picture of bill cosby, who turned out to be a horrible rapist and a ti-99 spokesperson

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

doge is ftw

pram
Jun 10, 2001

akadajet posted:

clicking nice used to post nice

then it used to show a picture of bill cosby, who turned out to be a horrible rapist and a ti-99 spokesperson

the funnier thing is everyone went along with that stupid cosby crew poo poo :razz:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Ah, here's pram

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
rename the button to PISS and have it show pictures of R kelly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the stylesheet is never being touched/fixed again much like everything else on this site hth

• Locked thread