Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I don't know if here or ask/tell would be the better place for this, so I just picked one. I hope I picked okay!

Anyway, to the meat of it: I want to hear about your rpg characters! Got a really neat elf you like to play? A stalwart dwarf paladin? Tell me all about them! Tell me about really good in-character moments you had with them, too!

I guess I'll start. Character one is actually my namesake, Dick the Cat! She's a catfolk (I know, I know, I was just out of high school, and didn't know what furries were. I learned. Boy did I learn.) rogue. She was named Richard because her mom didn't understand that human names were gendered, and gave her a human name so she'd fit in around town.To sum her up, she's basically cat-Wario. She's tubby, she's short, she's kind of snippy, and she lives for gold. Just loves treasure. One really good moment was when our dm was giving us a choice in rewards, one of them being "wisdom" (obvious xp) and the other being flat out treasure. I really really wanted the xp, but I played it out and took the gold, because that's what she'd do.

My second character is Jericho, a human mage. Particularly a necromancer. I did not realize this might break the action economy of our game when I made him, I just like liches and stuff. Our dm handled it by giving me limitations on when I could have a zombie, and continually killing them off between scenes. Surprisingly, Jericho isn't an evil character. He's just really unlucky. He's the thirteenth son of a fourth son, and, as this was pathfinder(I know, I know, I just didn't know amy better.) was on one of the little mage path things that basically ends at lich no matter if you like it or not. So he was born into being good with death powers. He makes the best of it, saying "Death's just a part of life!" but he can get a little down if he thinks about his fate too long. He's a very well-meaning, gentle sort of guy in his early twenties, very fastidious and a little prissy at times. Dresses nicely, speaks gently and doesn't curse. Very different than Dick! He could also be a touch arrogant and out-of-touch with the way things really work at times from his privileged upbringing. My favorite character moment for him was when he was "saved" from his own zombie by a well-meaning villager, and almost chewed him out (thereby blowing his cover that he could even do these things. He had to have a cover in normal civilization, or get chased off with torches and pitchforks.) The poor guy got an earful about undead being people, too, just dead people. The man was, naturally, very confused.

So what about your characters? I have more, but I don't want to go into them until other people get to tell their stories, too. I really want to hear what goons come up with!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I was part of a Traveller campaign a while ago, and while it didn't last long, I was very happy with the character I had. He was a navy guy of 20 years, working his way up to being a captain of a destroyer for a little while before 'retiring'. Officially he retired, but the lifepath thing rolled that he had a psychological test and was found to be paranoid. The fact that he called the test a sham and the test administrators frauds was further proof of his paranoia. The fact that he had butt heads with people a bit higher up before he made it to captain means he may have had reason to be paranoid. It was an open question that I never definitively answered.

He was physically unexceptional although far from frail, and could mix it up in melee and gun combat; but he was a consummate professional as a captain and could do anything and everything onboard a spaceship. This culminated in him and his traveller crew grounding two light warships while in a well-armed but unarmored fat trader.

More recently, I have a griffon for a D&D character, using savage species. I decided I wanted a challenge, and it's been fun (and a challenge). He's on his way to being a cleric now that he's nearly fully grown, and has been a devastatingly strong physical fighter. Turns out the scout class stacks hilariously well with pounce.

Rorac fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 7, 2018

• Locked thread