Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

I just saw the match between Warhead (in T-Rex configuration) vs Sharkoprion.

That was a really one-sided match, but it was entertaining, and the Sharkbot dude was hilarious in the post-match meetup between teams.

Yeah that bot has a fantastic design.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pakled posted:

That one undefeated one had only been in one match, though, and I don't think it was even televised. I do think its only chance of making it to the finals was winning the Desperado tournament. It seems rather unfair that the competitors don't all get the same number of matches in the fight card stage.

Kraken held up surprisingly well and I want to see more of it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

spinners haven't been dominating the latest season on TV, but of course those matches are curated

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mega Tento can take Tombstone

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I kind of miss the old lightweight division because of dumb stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7kVUOhiF-w

I assume people have seen hebocon before right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46ivFpsmEVQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRpfvr5uSg

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 15, 2018

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Man, Duck is something else though. Can't judge a book by it's cover. That robot can withstand a lot.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I thought Warrior Dragon got robbed. Yeah, its primary weapon didn't function ... ever during the fight, but at least it didn't spend the whole fight spazzing around the ring.
Warhead managed to control the fight even when the bot was a quivering mass of berserker rage.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

logikv9 posted:

one day tombstone is going to break in two from the culminative stresses from every match and the opposing bot will be crowned Best Bot Ever even though all it did was take a hit

A Roomba weighs what, six pounds? I bet if you threw a big pile of Roombas at Tombstone it'd eventually choke to death on them

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I feel like giving duck the W would encourage boring rumbles where everybody tries to avoid combat, so giving bombshell the win for giving two big shots makes sense

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Here's my bracket. I spent more time trying to pick fonts for bots than on the matches

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Round of 16 Left:

KO
KO
Decision
Decision

QF Left
KO
KO

Round of 16 Right
Ring Out
KO
KO
Decision

QF Right
Ring Out
Decision

Semifinals:
KO
Decision

Finals:
KO

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

It really surprises me that, even after multiple years, no one has come up with something that reliably beats Tombstone without losing to everything else.
You called it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Well, my bracket got broken... in half

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

In retrospect, choosing Huge as the winner of each fight in the tournament is a bit unfeasible.

I was hoping he'd finish in first AND second

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Too bad they aren't gonna leave that embedded in the arena wall for the rest of the series - it'd be a great piece of lore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Also, a team showed up without a bot for ... some reason that's never explained in the short, so they spent 2 weeks building one from scratch with poo poo that was lying around only to have it catch fire in testing 5 minutes before its only fight on the last day of competition.

I think that might be a hebocon tradition

• Locked thread