Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
owo wuts dis
This poll is closed.
archer 7 14.58%
fighter 5 10.42%
mage 4 8.33%
ninja 5 10.42%
thunderbreaker (piss sharks) 27 56.25%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Simplistic gameplay isn’t really a big turn off for me, Maplestory has always been the best game to play when I’m sick and bored but not functional enough to execute proper dps rotations or zoom around a map. I will probably check this out, especially if outfit designing is a big thing since that sounds cool af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Xun posted:

Simplistic gameplay isn’t really a big turn off for me, Maplestory has always been the best game to play when I’m sick and bored but not functional enough to execute proper dps rotations or zoom around a map. I will probably check this out, especially if outfit designing is a big thing since that sounds cool af

Feel free to jump in the discord posted earlier, as we will be using the same discord when the game does its full launch. Just gotta do the GDN auth, which is just sending a message to a bot to let you in, and you will be good to go.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there going to be some kind of healing/buffer class? My friends are going to give this a shot and that's usually what I roll as in MMOs because someone has to keep the idiots alive

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Blast of Confetti posted:

Is there going to be some kind of healing/buffer class? My friends are going to give this a shot and that's usually what I roll as in MMOs because someone has to keep the idiots alive

Sounds like Priest will be right up your alley.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ah and one more question since I seem to have lost the ability to talk in discord. How ping dependent is this game? I will be playing from Europe so I am expecting maybe low 100s to US East.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Xun posted:

Ah and one more question since I seem to have lost the ability to talk in discord. How ping dependent is this game? I will be playing from Europe so I am expecting maybe low 100s to US East.

It's a button masher, most boss abilities are one hit KO until you're above the minimum ilvl score to access the dungeon/raid, but the counterpoint is there is literally no penalty for death except for a slight walk back (30s at most), or 50,000 mesos if you insta-revive on the spot after you've burned your free team res, and any insta-res coupons you may have earned from dungeon chests.

There's no real AOE marker cones or anything for where an ability is going to impact, but lethal attacks always have a multi-second windup/animation and an audible before they attack, so you get plenty of warning to get the gently caress away from the boss.

100ms ping shouldn't be too terrible, simply because death is a non-issue in the game, as there's no penalty for it.

Do the goon auth thing on the discord in the auth waiting room (read the pinned message and type !authme <SA Name>) and you should get the goon role back and have full access to the server, unless you did some heinous poo poo in another goon server and ate a permaban. If you can't get the auth working, send me a DM on discord and I'll work to get you in and walk you through the process. I can see the backend of what's going on with the authbot or I can get TT to look at the database and figure out if it messed up your account somehow.

Also if you have pubbie friends/significant others/insignificant others, I have no problem having your pubbie friends etc in the discord and in the guild, but you would have to DM me in discord so I can create a role to allow sponsorees in.

I'm unsure what the final guild cap will be on size, I'm praying it's more than 30 though. I'm going to go ahead and reserve our guild name, you can give me suggestions on what to make it here/discord, or else I am just going to make it LLJK or MapleGoons.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 6, 2018

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Thread title ideas:

Baby got endgame
Dancing with dragonslayers
Now with somewhat less genocide
Wildstar housing simulator

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Hello, having a bit of trouble getting onto the discord server (I'll get in, it's just a password/username thing on my end.)
In the meantime, here are my questions:

-Is 25bux worth getting in before Wednesday?
-Is there a main 'goon' server?
-Is 'priest' an available class for magic users at this time?

Excited about the release of this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Launch is coming up, we're going to move this to the new thread. Please go here to post.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870893

• Locked thread