Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I'm all for making projects simply for the fun of it, but it probably shouldn't involve exploiting the illnesses (both physical and mental), trauma, and deaths of people you know and turning them into poorly-handled dramatic plot twists.

Or, hell, maybe it is a way to cope with some of that. It's still pretty sketchy to incorporate a real person's suicide into a story as a "tribute", have a random bystander and a character based on his daughter both talk ill about him afterwards, and then publish it for a full audience to see. (Yes, I know Reborn was intended just for their own community at first. Doesn't mean old, private stuff couldn't have been edited out later.)

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah but its made by one person and like barely anyone is gonna see it. i get questioning it but its not like this is mass effect 5. iunno, the way people are getting mad at the creator here like there's been some deep betrayal or harm done is seriously weird. i get some of its just comedic exaggeration but it feels like the thread's just devolved into talking more about some random person on the internet than the bad game she made, is all im saying.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 9, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Endorph posted:

yeah but its made by one person and like barely anyone is gonna see it. i get questioning it but its not like this is mass effect 5. iunno, the way people are getting mad at the creator here like there's been some deep betrayal or harm done is seriously weird. i get some of its just comedic exaggeration but it feels like the thread's just devolved into talking more about some random person on the internet than the bad game she made, is all im saying.

The thread is mocking some random internet person who wrote their friend's real-life suicide into the plot of their edgy Pokemon romhack as the punchline to a joke and then used said romhack as their Patreon demo reel where they're reeling in $1k+ a month for it. Soooooo

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

You seemed weirdly defensive about it.

but regardless of an audience of 10 or an audience of a million - there's a reason why Paparazzi are so despised for airing dirty laundry, it's considered a violation of a person's trust (if they told the person), autonomy and sense of security (if they didn't tell the person) to air their trauma, secrets, and pain for all to see, especially in the name of entertainment.

people are reacting with such bile is because of empathy - even if we don't know the real corey or heather, or the couple who got their relationship drama aired out - we feel for them having this aired out likely without their knowledge or consent by someone they likely saw as a friend. Given from Ame's own words that the 'real Heather' stopped talking to her, odds are she was not happy with this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wheres the part im supposed to give a poo poo about

hyper-focusing on drama isn't going to help any of the people involved, and again, it's a pokemon rpg maker game. make fun of the game or say that shits stupid to do but people coming up with bizarre fanfic about the awful things the creator will clearly do or attributing bizarre motivations to her is stupid also. like im not saying you cant say 'that's a stupid thing to put in a video game' here.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 9, 2019

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Should I be apologizing for what I posted? I'm confused about poking fun at delays in the episode releases is "hyperfocusing" (besides, isn't episode 19 supposed to be done now, and the delay is that they want to finish episode 20 first before releasing both?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
yeah but the game's bad