Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I have made a grave error.

Turns out couch lad isn't a sprite because he doesn't initialize south or pop in like sprites do.
Ah, so he's actually part of the couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

What does "Initialize South" mean in this context?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Golux posted:

What does "Initialize South" mean in this context?
Probably that all sprite entities are facing south when the map is loaded and change to their intended direction after that.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I have made a grave error.

Turns out couch lad isn't a sprite because he doesn't initialize south or pop in like sprites do.

0FS PWN3D BY T3H T3RR4

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Yeah, it takes a frame for them to "remember" their proper facing when a character is first loaded in, at least in gen 1.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Way to out yourself as a loving hack writer.

Oh well, it's better to do it yourself now than to have to get owned in ep. 19 where Ame dedicates an entire chapter to wrecking your credibility because of this one tiny mistake.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, he's a tile.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

goatface posted:

Oh, he's a tile.

Pokemon Reborn: Oh, he's a tile.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

goatface posted:

Oh, he's a tile.

Yup. He's closer to a trashcan than a human being.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Well no wonder he has such a flat character

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FoolyCharged posted:

I said, he's actually part of the couch. :colbert:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

"Look, I've been sitting here so long, my butt has literally fused to the couch."

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Geemer posted:

to have to get owned in ep. 19 where Ame dedicates an entire chapter to wrecking your credibility.

You bet there will be some bitter line of text hidden somewhere referring to an "orange Mareep" or something.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Oh, it's a title.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

I mean, same, so what can we do?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

FoolyCharged posted:

Pokemon Reborn: He's closer to a trashcan than a human being

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FoolyCharged posted:

He's not Fern

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011
I've caught up to the end of the thread. This game sure is a thing.

Back on page 225 someone asked for a cast listing of who's who and their status and someone else made one.
In the midst of my non update post skimming I stopped to look over it and saw things like "Gossip Gardevoir: sacrificed itself to blow up a Hypno" and "Cain: stuck in a black hole".
I assumed whoever wrote up the list did it as a joke and had a nice chuckle.
Then the update after that post had the reveal that Fern decided to work for the bad guys (which was what his blurb said). I didn't realize that the poster went back and updated the cast list as events were covered in the LP.

It's impressive that just cataloging what all happens in this game comes off as absurd and unbelievable even when you're through episode 12 or so in terms story progression.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The post in question, for anyone wondering.

I appreciate the optimism of assuming that characters eaten by The Hole are actually gone and there won't be a quest where we have to dive back into the hole to pull them out. Preferably while a higher stakes situation is going down, complete with people bitching at us for screwing around.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I appreciate the optimism of assuming that characters eaten by The Hole are actually gone and there won't be a quest where we have to dive back into the hole to pull them out. Preferably while a higher stakes situation is going down, complete with people bitching at us for screwing around.

a rescue mission? Nah. Gardevoir will be like possessed or something and we'll have a ~tearful reunion~ to get her back tho her usual self. Cain will, in whatever stupidly dramatic fashion, make a big return maybe/maybe not be brainwashed or crazy. Luna will be brought back, to diffuse tension &/or escalate drama, by Shade or will turn out to BE Shade or something since those two are linked

Gotta think stupid, gotta think dramatique!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

rannum posted:

a rescue mission? Nah. Gardevoir will be like possessed or something and we'll have a ~tearful reunion~ to get her back tho her usual self. Cain will, in whatever stupidly dramatic fashion, make a big return maybe/maybe not be brainwashed or crazy. Luna will be brought back, to diffuse tension &/or escalate drama, by Shade or will turn out to BE Shade or something since those two are linked

Gotta think stupid, gotta think dramatique!

We know there's a good chance there's Undertale-style Arceus-induced metatextual tomfoolery afoot so it's safe to say that whatever stupid we think of probably won't live up to whatever stupid Ame actually comes up with to support all that nonsense.

Won't stop us from trying :v:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Luna is the only Dark leader and no replacement was introduced twelve episodes ago so she has to come back for the 18 boss gauntlet bullshit challenge, duh.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I am honestly surprised people still remember who's who. All I remember is Detective Mawuh :v:

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

What's the bet that Shade is first world Radomus who we are told has caused everything to happen as part of some stupidly convoluted plan which gets revealed in an hour long cutscene with every speaking character verbally fellating both Shade and Radomus for their "intelligence".

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

TheKirbs posted:

What's the bet that Shade is first world Radomus who we are told has caused everything to happen as part of some stupidly convoluted plan which gets revealed in an hour long cutscene with every speaking character verbally fellating both Shade and Radomus for their "intelligence".

That assumes that, by the end of this trainwreck, the 'writing' staff remember that the whole 'first world' crap ever was a thing.

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
Lost track of this thing after life (and a certain Conception 2 LP) got in the way, but I finally caught back up.

I find myself wondering why. I mean, not just why I subjected myself to this again, but why is the game even a thing? Why do people like this?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's Pokemon but for Real loving Grown-Ups like me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, yes, I play Pokemon, but I'm not childish. I'm into the competitive scene, and I play game with a more mature story. You wouldn't get it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh, yes, I play Pokemon, but I'm not childish. I'm into the competitive scene, and I play game with a more mature story. You wouldn't get it.

There’s a fine line between telling a mature story and telling a story in a mature way. 99% of these types of hacks call on the wrong side of that line.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mega64 posted:

It's Pokemon but for Real loving Grown-Ups like me.

It's like the movie Grown Ups, but with Pokemon.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

There’s a fine line between telling a mature story and telling a story in a mature way. 99% of these types of hacks call on the wrong side of that line.

There's a lot of people that confuse something that's not suitable for children as something that's valuable to adults. Usually they're teenagers. And on the Internet there's a hell of a lot of people that never changed the opinions they had as teenagers.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Like Clockwork posted:

Yeah, it takes a frame for them to "remember" their proper facing when a character is first loaded in, at least in gen 1.
And if you pause in that frame and Fly away when a trainer should have gotten into a fight with you, you get the Mew glitch!

Thanks, that one trainer northwest of Cerulean City on the strip of land where you can find Abra, I've failed to fight you probably a hundred times now when I do stupid things on my twenty-year-old Red cart.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

TheKirbs posted:

Right idea, wrong target. Arceus wants these kids off his lawn. (Whether 'these kids' is the entire town or the crazy kill em all cultists acting 'in his name' is uncertain.)

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I'm a bit confused by Shade being listed as a "villain" character. When was he anything more villainous than ominous/cryptic/creepypastariffic?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

azren posted:

When was he anything more villainous than ominous/cryptic/creepypastariffic?

He says words more dumbly than usual.

Antagonist.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

He says words more dumbly than usual.

Antagonist.

It takes an impressive character to talk even more dumbly than the rest of this terrible cast.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Reading this post made me remember how awful just about every character is and how borderline mind killing/ actually offensive this game's characters are.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It's pretty likely that Luna & Samson will survive; unless Amethyst wants to introduce two more characters at the last minute then they're gonna have to survive in order to have the gym leader boss rush. With that said, Amethyst makes bad decisions and this game is a whole load of bullshit so watch her drop in two more OCs with zero personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Testekill posted:

It's pretty likely that Luna & Samson will survive; unless Amethyst wants to introduce two more characters at the last minute then they're gonna have to survive in order to have the gym leader boss rush. With that said, Amethyst makes bad decisions and this game is a whole load of bullshit so watch her drop in two more OCs with zero personality.

"Two of your gym leaders died, you loose all badge progress above those gyms and have to re-challenge starting from the lowest level of the two"