Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I hope this game gets shattered into pieces twice as hard as Uranium was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Regalingualius posted:

It's not just tonally worse, oh no. From what I remember of the last thread, the devs of this game were focused on strong-arming you into puzzling out the "correct" way to defeat the bosses, and ONLY that way.

...In a series that typically rewards and encourages creativity in single-player.

So we're playing Pokemon 1.3?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
He says smell ya later which is mildly rude and rude people are villains QED

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I don't think these guys who decide these things are actually very good at Pokemon. It's as if they just looked at what's in OU and put it later, but didn't ask why everything with Moody is in PU and also not running Moody.

(It's because it's banned from all formats for being random garbage that can even boost evasion.)

Gotta love it when a person gleans a tiny bit of information without any understanding of its context, and then believe they are forever enlightened

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Bogleech gave five stars to Breloom, Gastrodon, and Mudbray, I approve of this ranking system

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
For a while I was trying to decide how this game's writing compared to Uranium, but now there's a very clear winner (loser?)

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

quote:

I don't think the NPCs really relate to balance... But idk what to say about them, I actually hate writing NPCs. Feels super pointless, and a lot of the time the point is just to populate an area or get its mood across. They're written pretty haphazardly, especially at the start.

:psyduck:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Given that the lead dev neither understands nor enjoys writing and doesn't enjoy most of the central concepts of Pokemon, this game simultaneously makes a lot more and a lot less sense

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The part that's most confusing is that if you're (at best) bored with most of Pokemon's mechanics, why would you make your community project far wider in scope than any official game by several orders of magnitude?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The interview makes it clear that Reborn's fatal flaw has nothing to do with its premise or design or anything like that. It's that the creator is completely uninterested in the source material she's working with, but continues to make more and expand its scope because...???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I used to believe Major/Minor would be the worst writing I'd ever see in a video game, but now I don't know what to believe