Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

For regular people, these shows do not exist.

Yeah - My bet is they're establishing Darth Maul is alive so he can be a villain for the Obi-Wan movie which will either be lone wolf and cub or seven samurai on tatooine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

This was a fan film, right down to the most nerdy obscure references to the series. I’m so glad they referenced the lovely ps1 game and the sea monsters from the phantom menace instead of giving Thandie Newton more to do.

Every Star Wars film since The Clone Wars (2008) has been a fan film. TFA and TLJ were both directed by well known fans of the series at least. Ron Howard could loving hate Star Wars for all I know.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

No quotation marks.

https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/status/996486979578662912

Shockingly CelticPredator is right.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

thrawn527 posted:

https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/status/997679127510618112

Whoa, thanks Dataracer117 for blowing the lid off this controversy. The world will never be the same.

edit: Taking a look at this guy's page, drat, it's like his personal mission to hate new Star Wars.

Does that make the video invalid? Because hes saying he wants half the audience to hate his films and half to love it - and while the majority of people who saw TLJ probably thought "eh, it was good" he did seem to bring out the extreme ends of the spectrum.

For the record I was kind of "eh" on the film up until Rose's dumb speech about protecting what you love rather than fighting what you hate.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Lampsacus posted:

I prefer 1,2,3, solo, rogue one, 4,5,6,7,8.

To be honest I think even if you like both films watching 7 and 8 in close proximity is going to give you whiplash. You should space out those 2 so that 7 is a hazy memory before watching 8.

So at least an hour between them :grin:

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

They did. The only good one actually

They've only made one truly terrible one to be fair, but maybe the last jedi was just an aberration.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

No that’s the only good one. You’ve failed the test now you must narfel the garthok mother gently caress

I know you like tlj CP thats why I diss it.

Its a nothing film with a garbage muddled message that pisses on its own intentions leaving you confused and disoriented and that just makes it sound more interesting to watch than it actually was. The one thing it did make clear is that this 'trilogy' is going to be 3 films loosely based on a set of characters who may or may not be consistent.

The one good Star Wars film is the original TMNT movie but the esoteric decision making that renders it a star wars film is too detailed for me to post here.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

It’s very good. But I’m over arguing with people about it so it’s cool

You have a weak love for the film, so weak you won't even defend it's honour like the fair maiden you (supposedly) belive it to be. That's alright, it is because the film itself is weak and no flaw of your own.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

I’m just tired dude. Life sucks.

Yeah, sorry to say but it isn't just you. This is (one of the ways) how I distract me from the nightmare life is and will continue to be.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Slutitution posted:

My favorite consistent part of TLJ:

1) Holdo sacrificing herself for the 'greater good' was courageous, but
2) When Finn tries to do it, he's a misguided fool saved by :airquote: TRUE LOVE" :airquote:

my god this movie is bad.

No you see Holdo saved everyone from certain death but if Finn had died it would have been in vain because Rey was just about to save them in the millennium falcon and stupid Finn just didn't realize.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Rose is shockingly like Finn - a loving fantastic concept of a character with a great actor ruined by a loud wet fart of a script. The radical sister of a martyr who won't take no poo poo even when things are looking their bleakest? If you could maybe do that without a dumb power of love speech and maybe avoid saying that loosing animals made their mischeif worth it 5 yards away from child slaves then you might have something

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

You ain’t gonna like what they’ll give you anyway so why do you care lmao

You don't like star wars (except the last jedi) so why do you care lmao

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

you gently caress

I'm a star wars fan, I very obviously don't gently caress.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Captain Jesus posted:

CelticPredator loves to debate the merits of TLJ but never actually reacts to any meaningful criticism brought up in this thread and instead just brings up poo poo nobody cares about.

"you bunch hate TLJ because Holdo has purple hair lol"

Its loving coded responses too - he's implying if you don't like TLJ you're an alt-right CHUD who can't get over the fact that there is a woman in star wars!

gently caress him, double gently caress TLJ and triple gently caress CHUDS.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

DeimosRising posted:

He posted a response to throne of blood in his Japanese cinema thread recently. He has literally never seen or any vision or adaptation of hamlet

Everyones seen the Lion King though.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Who the gently caress watched even just the OT and thought "Only skwalkers are jedi"?

Luke training a new generation of jedi is the basic idea almost everyone had about what might happen post ROTJ and I guarantee no one thought lukes students would just be his familys next generation.

The last jedi sucked and "democratising the force" is loving redundant.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Preston Waters posted:

So was TLJ. it's just newer and for some reason everyone thinks they could make a better film (no you couldn't).

I couldn't make a better film than TLJ, but that doesn't make it a good film.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
To be fair - if you think disliking TLJ is a red flag then it works out well for everyone. I wouldn't want to be within speaking distance of any idiot who confuses "racists are going to be racist" with "this film is good and important and if you don't like it you are a monster".

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Mat Cauthon posted:

lol what a loving travesty. I wonder how much Ford demanded for his cameo.

Whatever it was it was both 1) way too large for however much work it was and 2) not enough

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Horizon Burning posted:

lucas isn't at the premiere apparently. reporters said that it's because of what TRoS has done to the previous story lmao

itallianwatchingfirstpineappleonpizza.gif

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Shaocaholica posted:

Pretty sure the people who didn't like TLJ for whatever reason didn't want the next movie to undo it all because they had already given up on the franchise.

Yeah. TLJ totally killed my interest in 9 but trying to win over people who hated it by making it so nothing mattered from TLJ (or rather, more of it didn't matter ) was absolutely the wrong choice.

I mean, I just don't really care about the sequel trilogy in general after 8 other than to poo poo on it. Should have tried to suck up to TLJ likers, they still cared.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

I look forward to reading your post when the chatbot software used to create you is upgraded to being able to watch Rise of Skywalker*. I'd like to see your take on the whole trilogy.

If nothing else your posts are always interesting to read.

*or whatever your current lore is

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

At least all the TLJ haters who tried to use box office numbers to argue their point are now eating crow. 170 million? Is ROS even going to make back its budget?

uh whats your point? TLJ haters pointed out that the third film would have a lower opening weekend because people will have given up on the trilogy after TLJ and that seems to have happened so i'm not sure what you're saying.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

So why isn't this the same explanation for TLJ? It's almost like they're all full of poo poo!

I haven't seen RoS because TLJ killed my interest in the ST. I am not alone. That was my only point. Not sure exactly what you're getting at here? Most people liked TFA well enough so they turned up for TLJ.

The Mandalorian rules though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Pollyanna posted:

I’m still disappointed that more people didn’t suffer from watching this movie. I wanted to hear stories of children crying and people breaking their figurines.

You're hosed up in the brainspace friend