Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

This was posted on Reddit six months ago.

Leak One: Han will appear to Kylo Ren at some point as a vision and it will set him off into a fit of rage.

Leak Two: Luke, as a force ghost, will catch Anakins lightsaber when Rey throws it at him. Its almost the antithesis of the TLJ moment. It shocks Rey.

Leak Three: Palpatine will be back in some form. I guess he has been filmed BUT I have no idea if thats a flashback, force ghost, etc.

Leak Four: In the beginning of the film, Leia will somehow be training Rey a little.

Hasn't Palpatine coming back basically been confirmed at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It's kind of stupid to just bring him back out of nowhere but to be fair Palpatine is usually entertainingly hammy and was probably one of the few good things about the prequels, so more of that should be fun if nothing else.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 22, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, is The Madalorian any good? I don't really know much about it other than the Baby Yoda memes and the fact that it apparently takes place post-ROTJ.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, I know about Clone Wars and Rebels but is/was the Star Wars Resistance show any good?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Aris is technically right in one sense: Leia leans toward the rightist fringes of the Republican party. She and her followers share much of their neofeudal ideology with Count Dooku.

Unlike Padme Amidala, Leia doesn’t say jack poo poo about things like democracy. She’s all about restoring the Jedi Order to a position of greater power than ever before.

What Jedi though? By the end Rey's the only one left and she winds up loving off to Tatooine to become a moisture farmer or something.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pretty good posted:

"23 years after release", so the bad one.

Wasn't ESB probably the least edited of the three movies though (aside from reshooting the Palpatine scene with Ian McDiarmid in place of the original actor which I'm personally fine with and changing Boba Fett's voice to match the prequels which I'm less fine with)? Unless there's something I'm forgetting that is.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 15, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Actually, I don't think I've ever seen Rouge One or Solo. Are either of them worth watching?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, I liked Clone Wars and Rebels well enough but was Star Wars Resistance (the short lived cartoon set in the Sequel era) any good?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

Not at all.

Good to know

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though on the subject of CGI Tarkin, why couldn't they have just done the same thing for Carrie Fisher in TROS?

Also out of curiosity, how were they able to recreate Peter Cushing's voice for that?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

multijoe posted:

1) Because her body was still practically warm and it would have been grossly distasteful to puppet around a CGI simulacrum of her without her prior explicit consent

2) They just got a guy who did a good impression

Fair enough. Who voiced Tarkin in Rogue One then?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of games, when's that new Lego Star Wars game that covers all 9 movies coming out again (and are the first 7 redone or just ports of the existing versions)?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

2house2fly posted:

I'm umming and aahing on getting that game bc it's got voice acting, and I prefer the lego games when the cutscenes are puppet shows with no dialogue

The voice acting in Lego Force Awakens wasn’t too bad (they actually got back most of the cast from the movie).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Come to think of it, aside from the Lego stuff did the sequel era even get any games at all?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Lego Star Wars at least counts.

Oh I know, I was just curious if anything had come out besides that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

No, but you don't really see any big games based on movies anymore. Especially for Disney owned properties. You'd think the MCU movies would be a potential cash cow for video games, but they only really had the one Avengers game that just came out, and it tries it's hardest to make sure you know it's NOT based on the movies. Ditto for the Spider-Man games. The Arkham Batman games all pull way more from the comics and 90's cartoon show than they do any of the movies.

Video games based directly on movies have basically died out (outside of mobile app stuff).

Well as mentioned there was a Lego adaption of The Force Awakens and another one coming out next year that covers all 9 films but otherwise fair point.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I seem to remember the Star Wars Rebels cartoon being decent as well. Out of curiosity though, where does it take place in the timeline? Sometime prior to Rogue One?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also in regards to the end, if they weren’t going to use the young Palpatine actor that was rumored why not just have him turn back into pre-makeup Ian McDiarmid instead?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The guys playing young Han and Lando (I forget their names) were pretty well cast anyway.

It’s not a great film in my opinion but I would at least call it a watchable one with some fun moments.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I would actually call the Clone Wars series to be one of the best things to come out of the prequels and Rebels is decent as well. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Resistance in regards to the sequels.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 28, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

More Star Wars, of any kind, really, be it adventures of Han and Lando prior to ANH, Luke's post-RotJ mission to learn about the Jedi, or adventures out in the unknown regions with Ahsoka, Sabine, Ezra, and Thrawn

Hell, I'll even take Rey, Finn, and Poe running around in the year between TLJ and ROS so they can actually be a trio like Han/Luke/Leia and Anakin/Obi-Wan/Padme

There's no shortage of stories to be had, that's for sure

Not sure about Rey but haven’t Finn and Poe’s actors basically gone on record as saying they’re never coming back to Star Wars?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

A sequel trilogy prequel trilogy? I’d much rather have a prequel trilogy sequel trilogy.

Technically we did, it’s called Star Wars: Rebels (which I believe ran for exactly three seasons).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah right, there’s also Star Wars: Resistance which I believe takes place just prior to The Force Awakens. It’s not great though and only lasted two seasons.

Come to think of it, did that show even get a proper ending or was it just cancelled prematurely?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 3, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

Up and down, but when it's good it's as good as Clone Wars was. There are some really effective and memorable moments, and just like Clone Wars it does manage to create and make you care about a bunch of new characters.

I’m also impressed they managed to get some major guest stars like Frank Oz and Billy Dee Williams to cameo in an episode or two.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The interesting thing about that is both Christensen and Portman are decent actors in other productions they’ve been in but couldn’t do much in the prequels (though that’s probably more the fault of Lucas being a terrible director if nothing else).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Robot Style posted:

That was actually something he explored early on when deciding the episode number for The Empire Strikes Back (A New Hope didn't get a number or title until it was re-released in 1981), and one of his early ideas actually had the Star Wars trilogy as Episodes 6 to 8, with Episode 1 being a prelude, 2 to 4 being the Clone Wars Trilogy, and 5 being an epilogue/prologue between the two trilogies.

Also wasn’t what eventually became Return of the Jedi originally going to be like 2 or 3 separate movies?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On the subject of changes, what prompted them to switch from the Palpatine we see in the original ESB to Ian McDiarmid in ROTJ onward?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

2house2fly posted:

Doesn't Vader still know right from the start of the movie? He says "Skywalker is with them" when he tells the generals to go to the rebel base, unless the special edition cut that out

Also isn’t it literally stated in the opening crawl that he’s become obsessed with finding Luke?

But yeah, as for the Emperor I personally think the change was for the better (I don’t see the original actor doing Palpatine’s later scenes nearly as much justice as Ian did).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Where does The Mandalorian take place on the timeline again?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ingmar terdman posted:

Tony daniels paid his dues (and jealously guarded) doing threepio in every single star wars product for almost half a century

Letting him play the titular role in ROS was a sort of lucasfilm lifetime achievement award

Come to think of it, has there ever been a single bit of Star Wars media since its inception where 3PO wasn't played by Tony Daniels?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They still make AMVs?

Are there still Linkin Park ones?

Almost daily in fact.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hell, Tony Daniels is a fellow Brit and has voiced Threepio (and more often than not was literally in the suit himself) in almost everything he's been in (don't remember what else he's done besides Star Wars though).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Patrick Stewart famously took the Picard role because the assumption was the show would last maybe a season, just make that money, go to LA, enjoy yourself, then come back.

Won’t Patrick Stewart basically take any role though? Or is that more of a recent mindset for him?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 11, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Is R2 even in the sequels?

He is but I don't believe he has quite as prominent a role (the little ball droid BB-8 kind of took his place).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I personally liked Clone Wars and Rebels overall honestly (Resistance kind of sucked though).

Speaking of which, when was the latter supposed to take place anyway? Sometime before TFA?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Six-ish months before it or so - the end of season one literally takes place during TFA and we get to see Hux's speech in Resistance's artstyle, although he's far less animated, which is a shame

I forget, did Resistance actually get a proper ending or was it canceled prematurely?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Darko posted:

Rushed ending due to it basically being canceled in S2.

Out of curiosity, why was the show cancelled so quickly? Poor ratings or something?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

It was utter garbage. Main hero never really went away from wacky hijinx all the time. I dropped it quick in S2 as it was doing nothing interesting.

Oh I know that, I was just curious what the official reason for its cancellation was.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Out of curiosity, was Mandalorian Ahsoka played by the same actress who voiced her in Clone Wars/Rebels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

They were shifting focus towards Disney+ and The Mandalorian, which, coupled with the general lack of interest in the Sequel Era, probably led to them unofficially canceling it

So many interesting characters unceremoniously dropped, which is a shame

The Mandalorian didn’t have any Resistance references did it? I heard there was some Clone Wars/Rebels stuff in there at least.