Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post
Problem description: I'm having an issue with fonts having changed on certain sites when I use Chrome. The forums here now display in a far less vivid font and updated threads no longer show the number of unread posts. Certain other sites like rockpapershotgun.com are displaying the same lovely text now too. If use Internet Explorer I don't have any problems.
Example screenshot: https://imgur.com/cZti3JH

Attempted fixes: I've tried the following:
Going to Chrome settings and selecting "restore settings".
Going to Chrome settings and trying to change fonts under "customize fonts". This not only doesn't fix the problem, but doesn't seem to affect anything. Even if I change every custom font to something distinctive looking I don't see evidence on any site I visit.
Incognito mode shows the same problem.
Reinstalling Chrome and using a fresh account doesn't do anything.
Disabling and enabling all extensions doesn't fix anything.

Recent changes: I recently installed an old version of CDDisplayEx that I had transferred here from an old computer.

Operating system: Windows 10 Home.

System specs: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop. I haven't made any hardware modifications.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrridinos
Jan 7, 2010
Have you tried toggling Chrome's hardware acceleration?

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post
Whoops, I forgot to include that. Yes I tried toggling and relaunching a couple times again just now, no dice.

• Locked thread