Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
What's great about them is that though the main characters are ostensibly empty-headed dunces(albeit very charming and without malice), the writing isn't dumb at all. And the way they reason their way out of binds is clever. Like in the first one where they actually use time travel cleverly to make their escape from jail- "I guess it was me who stole my dad's keys!"

And the consistency of their speech, especially the way they constantly address each other by their names, is a hallmark of good writing and total understanding of the characters. And even though the world around them attempts to bring them down and do them harm, they never return the same. Their solution and final dream is for dudes to just be cool to each other. They don't want to hurt anyone, they want everyone to be happy. It's a refreshing sort of comedy, and I think the world is better for it.

• Locked thread