Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Mikaido is gonna end up discovering his true passion, sumo wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

a pipe smoking dog posted:

This chapter really solidifies the feeling that Aka meant Mikado to be a more major character but then ran out of time.

Been seeing this general sentiment across the board about the last few arcs(new classroom with everyone Kaguya knows, new teachers, the stuff you mentioned with Mikado). I think writing this alongside Oshi no KO just go to be too much so Aka decided to just speed-run it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Super Jay Mann posted:

The Shijos truly are cursed, aren’t they.

It's okay, Shirogane and Kaguya will name their first daughter Mikado. Everything solved.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

doomrider7 posted:

Been seeing this general sentiment across the board about the last few arcs(new classroom with everyone Kaguya knows, new teachers, the stuff you mentioned with Mikado). I think writing this alongside Oshi no KO just go to be too much so Aka decided to just speed-run it.

I don't really think it was speed run to be honest. I think the character was mostly there to build the drama for the big 'breakup' thing, as well as being fodder for a joke for how he totally looked like a romantic rival that everyone would hate but was actually a likable dork who took no for an answer.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Can’t believe kaguya has finally beat miyuki next chapter

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Super Jay Mann posted:

The Shijos truly are cursed, aren’t they.

Maki avoided the Nagisa's Boyfriend's Family's curse of teen pregnancy, though.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Crymetimeboys posted:

Maki avoided the Nagisa's Boyfriend's Family's curse of teen pregnancy, though.

yeah but who do you think Nagisa is going to ask to watch the kid while she gets her freak on?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Breadmaster posted:

yeah but who do you think Nagisa is going to ask to watch the kid while she gets her freak on?

Her baby dad, obviously, Maki can’t make out with Nagisa and babysit at the same time, come on son.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
It's here, the final chapter: How cute...

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Much like an actual graduation, it almost doesn't feel real.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's really over, huh

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dabir posted:

It's really over, huh

Gas thread ban op

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
gently caress, can’t believe i got teased with the sequel hook of “Kaguya-Chan Wants to Be Proposed To” on top of the preexisting one of “Miko Ino Can’t Confess”

This was a great manga, definitely one of my favorite Shonen series ever. It could have just been dumb gags and still stood the test of time, but it was so much more.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I can thankfully say that this series both ended, and had a great ending. Very few series manage to achieve this and it's a credit to the author for sticking with this for so many years.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Fabulous job, great ending.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I will miss these dumb kids.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

It's been fun...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It truly was a story about all that is youth.

I will miss it dearly but I'm glad it could finish on its own terms, having accomplished what it wanted to do. I got into it pretty late, but it was a great series, hitting both funny comedy but also really good drama.

Hopefully we'll get some cameos in Oshi no Ko, it'd be nice to see what the cast is doing an unknown amount of years after the series is over.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
One of my all time favorite manga. I'll miss it a lot

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I happy it ended on good terms.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Really hard to say goodbye to these lovable idiots

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Kaguya better hurry if she wants that baseball team.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Aka has said he would be interested in picking up some dangling plot threads in spin-offs so I'm guessing we may see more of the loveable idiots.

Also ending was fine but honestly felt like the series kind of petered out a bit. It was like he rushed the end of the shinomiya family arc then kind of meandered on from there without anything of consequence to do.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The 10 chapters of epilogue about nothing of major consequence were probably among the best stretch of chapters in the comic tbh.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I wish more manga had long epilogues.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I wasn't huge on the stuff with the Shinomiya family, probably the weakest part of the manga to me, but the long wrap up was pretty good. Pretty good ending, great manga.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The 10 chapters of epilogue about nothing of major consequence were probably among the best stretch of chapters in the comic tbh.

Yeah taking ten chapters to wrap things up instead of having to shove it into three pages really made the ending work.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
farewel kaguya-sama manga, maki was by far the highlight of the series after the confession

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Chika completed her Ramen Emperor arc and you call it "nothing of major consequence". Smh.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://guya.cubari.moe/read/manga/We-Want-To-Talk-About-Kaguya/192/1/

The 4koma is ending in 3 chapters too!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I don’t have anything insightful to say or anything valuable to add, but this was one of the funniest, best things I’ve ever read and, at least, I can say that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/akasaka_aka/status/1587986787569651712

quote:

Notes from the letter:

Weekly serialization was stressful & made Aka realize their shortcomings as a manga artist
Aka has decided to stop drawing manga, but will focus on writing stories & work with manga artists
Aka had many fun memories with the manga though
Thanking fans for 7 years of support
There are more leftover Kaguya-sama stories to tell
Thank you message to G3ida (We Want To Talk About Kaguya author)
Kaguya-sama: Love is War is complete

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I don't think aka was the greatest manga artist in the world but I hope he doesn't let his skills rust and continues improving and one day will have the confidence to draw another serialization again

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
drat, that's kind of sad to read. i mean whatever makes them happiest, but i would think they now have the weight to just release monthly instead of weekly and avoid a bit of the insanely unhealthy grind

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Idk, he did good work on Kaguya but I can’t be too bummed that he’s gonna focus on writing stories like he’s doing now with Oshi no Ko, it’s probably a lot healthier.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Good luck to my boy aka who has escaped the horrible grind of solo manga production

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k

Namtab posted:

Good luck to my boy aka who has escaped the horrible grind of solo manga production

Yeah, this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah they finished their series and escaped from hell so aces for them.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
what a sendoff. it still managed to stick the landing, which i did not expect. a great ride, even if i found out about it late

it's good that it ended as it did though, it had been running on fumes for a while. good luck to aka for whatever comes next though, i'll be curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What a wonderful series this has been over the years, one for the history books. See you space kaguya