Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

she’s a bossy little jerk and i’m glad when she gets picked on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
she’s a good girl. she’s trying her best. everybody likes her *camel noises*

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

this is probably my favorite ongoing at the moment, it's great

miko iino is insufferable though, and not in a good way

I liked the part where she was listening to the track of people complimenting her with her headphones unplugged.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Miko Iino is the best thing to happen to this manga since Ishigami joined the cast.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Don't forget what happened the one time Shirogane actually got a decent night's sleep.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Is anyone actually keeping score of the total win losses.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Stairmaster posted:

Pretty sure that person would be the real loser.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

Somebody on Reddit was, yeah, but I think they stopped.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

Miko Iino is the best thing to happen to this manga since Ishigami joined the cast.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Hello I started and caught up with his manga in the last 24 hours, and is like to submit my review of it:

e: Also please don't pick on Iino. She's a stupid little weiner sometimes, but she means well and is far from the worst thing about this manga.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 17, 2018

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

The "worst" thing about this manga is that Kashiwagi and her boyfriend are both terrible people who deserve each other but even then I use quotes because their antics and interactions with the student council are some of the funniest chapters.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Stairmaster posted:

The winner is us, the readers.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Thank you for this thread to remind me to keep up with this series. It's name is hard to remember!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
New chapter:

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/kaguya-wants-to-be-confessed-to/en/0/108/

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Wow Kaguya

What an rear end in a top hat

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
President fist bumping everyone is the best thing.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

reading clumsy rap lyrics is painful for me, but the translators did a good job and there was actually some plot development. but please, no more rapping.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i think if i was translating this and i opened up the image file and saw it was an entire chapter of rapping i would just drop the series and never look back

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

reading clumsy rap lyrics is painful for me, but the translators did a good job and there was actually some plot development. but please, no more rapping.

Kaguya has the sickest rhymes though. She's a natural for sure.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wonder what the original Japanese that was translated to "Ballin'" was.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
top ten anime betrayals

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Hayasaka is one of the best princess-support characters in the history of anime and manga.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Stairmaster posted:

just lol if you don't think I haven't created a spreadsheet to track this

Through 108 chapters:

47 victories to 59 losses, so this is officially data-backed schadenfreude.

Raw Data:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11pP15zAd75LI7_pfe6KVxbGYmaJLzHKDPom7PEWVyY0/edit?usp=sharing

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

hayasaka is the only sane person in the series and watching her suffer is the most relatable part.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

hayasaka is the only sane person in the series and watching her suffer is the most relatable part.

Kaguya better get to tutoring Ishigami more quickly because she's getting outclassed by every other girl in the manga, including her cousin and Kashiwagi.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
The Read receipts chapter was funny and good.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you may not like it but thats what peak performance looks like

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Thats me

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

just read the new chapter. i'm glad to see more maki, and there were a lot of good faces, but lord, i really don't want to see clumsy hashtags in the middle of the gd comic. esp from ishigami who, god bless his pubescent idiot heart, has already proven himself to be a real shithead wrt women.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ishigami is totally the kind of guy who would pepper his speech with hashtags, though

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

sure, but invoking irl hashtag stuff that is Of Importance to a fair number of people just makes him seem like too much of an rear end in a top hat for what they're going for. also, i would be v surprised if that wasn't just an aside from the translator. in which case, "what's your deal, dude".

e: and i forgot they finally named kashiwagi's boyfriend. a drat shame.

coolskull fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 29, 2018

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

just lol if you don't think I haven't created a spreadsheet to track this

Through 108 chapters:

47 victories to 59 losses, so this is officially data-backed schadenfreude.

Raw Data:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11pP15zAd75LI7_pfe6KVxbGYmaJLzHKDPom7PEWVyY0/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kashiwagi's boyfriend finally has a name, it's the end of an era.

Is it bad that I just want Maki to break them up even more now?

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Whether the #metoo reference came from the original or from the translator, manga jokes about LOL women complain about sexual harassment over nothing are the creepiest poo poo.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Well the translator's off the hook.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

lord. well. my first thought is, has the hashtag also found traction in japan? my second thought is, boy, i hope the author is just stupid instead of being crass enough to think this joke carries.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
This is also the chapter where Ishigami is shocked to discover that he is now friends with a girl.

I don't think his proto-MRA internet boy bullshit is written up approvingly

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

ishigami has said some dumb poo poo about women before and i always took it as him being a dumb kid rather than the author trying to make an argument. but also, i thought he had grown beyond it at this point. and invoking something like the MeToo movement in addition to what he usually says pushes it further than before, imo. i guess we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Agronox posted:

This is also the chapter where Ishigami is shocked to discover that he is now friends with a girl.

I don't think his proto-MRA internet boy bullshit is written up approvingly

Agreed. This isn't even the first time the bad parts of Ishigami's personality have surfaced. He definitely seems to be a particular kind of nerd and has all of the baggage that it brings. I think he's been growing into a better person, though, both to others and himself.