Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Yeah, I'm not sure; I might be giving Aka too much credit because I really like this manga, but one of the interesting things about Ishigami is that he's a fairly good guy who's incidentally edging toward being one of those socially isolated gamergate guys. It's a bit off to the side, except in the sports festival arc, but part of this manga is the battle for Ishigami's soul.

(I am pretty sure it's intentional because this isolation theme was a big part of instant bullet too.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like this manga a lot too but as much as I'd love to give it the benefit of the doubt I think the Occam's Razor of the situation would be that a male Japanese author is perhaps not going to be the best versed in gender-related social commentary.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

lord. well. my first thought is, has the hashtag also found traction in japan? my second thought is, boy, i hope the author is just stupid instead of being crass enough to think this joke carries.

It's gotten some traction, but not doing too well it seems. This is the latest news I could find

https://www.ft.com/content/d64bd404-4a08-11e8-8ee8-cae73aab7ccb

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I like this manga, I like the fact that Progress exists within

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1002354843640459264

:woop: :woop:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
:getin:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Please don’t blow it, please don’t blow it

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

cool, I will watch this show.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

cool, I will watch this show.

I imagine they'll mess it up like much of these anime adaptations of good manga. We shouldn't expect anything, in fact, there's no reason to be excited by any of this at all.

BUT THAT WAS A LIE!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i hope they listen to my suggestion to use the Kaiji narrator

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I’m cautious because comedy manga are notoriously difficult to adapt well, since the two different media bring very different comic toolkits to the table. Who knows, though, if they get a gifted director who actually knows how anime comedy works rather than a workmanlike panel-by-panel adaptor, this night turn out pretty good.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Oh? Why are you so interested in what studio this is going to and who the VAs are? Could it be that you're extremely excited about this getting an anime? OP, that's practically a love confession!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

I’m cautious because comedy manga are notoriously difficult to adapt well, since the two different media bring very different comic toolkits to the table. Who knows, though, if they get a gifted director who actually knows how anime comedy works rather than a workmanlike panel-by-panel adaptor, this night turn out pretty good.

I feel like Sayounara Zetsubou-sensei is one of the better adapted comedy manga, particularly given how "dense" it is.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
The folks currently adapting Hinamatsuri are pretty on-point.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

The Sandman posted:

The folks currently adapting Hinamatsuri are pretty on-point.

between these two and grand blue it should be a good year

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Also volume 10 cover

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I appreciate what the expansion of top level domains has done for the anime website market

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Agronox posted:

Please don’t blow it, please don’t blow it

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Some preliminary sleuthing has found Aniplex's name on this adaptation. SHAFT incoming?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

HellCopter posted:

Some preliminary sleuthing has found Aniplex's name on this adaptation. SHAFT incoming?

Oh please yes.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh please yes.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

HellCopter posted:

Give me some SHAFT

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't believe Fujiwara is going have to teach Shirogane how to make an anime.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
I suspect that this will either be a great adaptation or miss the mark entirely. I'm hoping for the former of course! And, as someone else mentioned, the Hinamatsuri adaptation has been really on point which makes me cautiously optimistic.

Also, those four-panels in the 109.1 update were all pretty fun!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Some Omake stuff

It's good to know Hayasaka is appropriately compensated for her suffering.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

ZiegeDame posted:

Some Omake stuff

It's good to know Hayasaka is appropriately compensated for her suffering.

She deserves way, way more. But what she does get is a good start at least.

Also I have no idea whether to feel satisfied or horrified at the fact that Fujiwara's ribbon works exactly as I thought it did.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Super Jay Mann posted:

She deserves way, way more. But what she does get is a good start at least.

I mean, she makes more than double the median household income in Japan as a 16 year old, and that's not counting whatever room and board she gets at the Shinomiya mansion. Girl can afford to retire in her 20s.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZiegeDame posted:

I mean, she makes more than double the median household income in Japan as a 16 year old, and that's not counting whatever room and board she gets at the Shinomiya mansion. Girl can afford to retire in her 20s.

She's going to need the money to pay for a lifetime of therapy after all the poo poo she's been forced to see and do as Kaguya's maid.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

Also I have no idea whether to feel satisfied or horrified at the fact that Fujiwara's ribbon works exactly as I thought it did.

It is a very Fujiwara ribbon, that is true.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Guess we're getting more than an anime!

https://twitter.com/TG_Hub/status/1003535943800971264

According to Reddit, the ero spin-off is by someone who did H-doujins for the series.

https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/8ofgsf/two_kaguya_wants_to_be_confessed_to_spinoffs/

quote:

One's a 4koma and another one is an ero spin-off.

The author of ero spin off is the dude who did 2 kaguya doijins

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
:yikes:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
how cute!

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

I think you meant to say

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
4-koma spin-off would explain the bit that came out, I suppose?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

According to Reddit, the ero spin-off is by someone who did H-doujins for the series.

you hear that, everyone on deviantart? keep at it and you could be scouted to work on your favorite cartoons!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

you hear that, everyone on deviantart? keep at it and you could be scouted to work on your favorite cartoons!

I wouldn't compare doujin artists with people on deviantArt...

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Yoshinari Yoh has a deviantart

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

A little weird, especially considering an interview Aka did a few days ago where he said this

quote:

Q: You said you don't want to turn it into a harem, but are there any other things you'd rather avoid as well?
Aka: I try not to show any panties.

Q: (laugh) Come to think of it, there haven't been any panty shots so far.
Aka: If you start showing panties, I feel like you narrow down your reading demographic too much. And my ideal would be to draw manga for 29-ish OLs to cackle at when they're tired after work.
Some time ago, I received a fan letter from a girl in 6th grade. I don't think you should be showing too many panties to elementary school girls either. (laugh) I also try to avoid having monologue by Fujiwara.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Guess someone else in the turning drawings into money process disagreed but agreed to sequester the panties off in a dedicated containment spin-off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
^ well, that second part would imply that they agreed with the mangaka on the main story, wouldn't it

it makes sense to me. they think the wide appeal of their manga is cool and dont want to mess with that but a spinoff is a separate matter. tonari no young jump is the manga website with murata's one punch man, for the record. also akebi-chan no serafuku