Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I recognize a morakniv when I see one. Beautiful work too. We started developing a private blufftop campsite last summer and I can't wait to get up there shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

in it for the this live stream

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

DesperateDan posted:

there's others there like a jumpy badger

Magpies are hilarious. I first ran across them in SD Black Hills and remembered thinking "that bird sounds like a malfunctioning modem."

Any badger content A+ too, love those flat critters.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

AceClown posted:

I think you've seen Lapwings, did it sound like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt83JPcWcHg

Nah definitely magpies. We could see the pair hanging out a bit from our camp site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxovFbvolkI&t=50s

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

DesperateDan posted:

There is both excellent badger and magpie action as well as buzzard, green woodpecker and kitties and much much more

Ah, oh yea you would have European badgers given where you're at. Awesome trail videos.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

good book, too!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I hope it goes as peacefully as it can.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

DesperateDan posted:

Next trailcam vid is one for magpie lovers

Heck yea! Never heard of a muntijac but they look tiny, like crucian deer.

We're heading up the bluff tomorrow to camp. Maybe see if the big buck is still ornery about overnight humans hanging out.

Great as always man and enjoy the amstel

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Soil ternary plots oh no!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

DesperateDan posted:

please find enclosed, badger badger badger badger

I very much appreciate these badgers :respek:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

do tell

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

My condolences Dan.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Those badgers!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

DesperateDan posted:

and this little guy/gal/non binary pal has been lurking around at home too- think they are a stray and we are attempting to get it to the vets in case they are chipped and lost- there will be more, soon!

*sizes up cat*

:hai:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

down and to the left

Also happy to see you post

:respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Enjoy the woods my man.