Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
I've only ever seen these done on streams, never played myself. So this gets to be a magical journey of discovery for me. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

lezard_valeth posted:

In Link's Awakening I got stuck in the 2nd dungeon I think? In the room where you have to kill the enemies in a specific order, but the hint you get calls them by their name ("kill the imprisoned pols voice first, last stalfos") which an 8-10 years old has no way of knowing since who reads the instruction booklets at that age. I eventually figured it out by order of elimination following the imprisoned part of the clue.

I always read the manuals. :sweatdrop: Buuuut thanks to the internet, looks like it wouldn't have mattered if you did, because the LA manual doesn't name a single enemy. So that puzzle was actually really bad, because it was depending on the knowledge you would have had from the first Zelda game's manual, which did list and depict all of them.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Carpator Diei posted:

Huh, looks like Nintendo has modified the timeline again so that Link's Awakening is now set between A Link to the Past and the Oracle games. Presumably our current Link is now officially a fresh one.
Also they just put Breath of the Wild at the end of all three timeline branches. If we assume that future Zelda games will be set post-BotW, that probably means they realized what a bad idea the whole timeline was in the first place.

Huh. So basically they just restored it to how things were way back in the late 90s, when Link to the Past and Link's Awakening Link were the same Link, who supposedly later also went to Holodrum and such. And I blame the timeline on the fanbase, trying to make everything fit "perfectly" and all of it having to be the same universe.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Bruceski posted:

One of the linked game rings you get prevents slipping on ice. Makes quite a difference here.

At 10:40, I don't believe seeds+feather can go three spaces in the 2D plane.

And these games don't have the Boots which let us go the 3 spaces when combined with the feather either, so that's why, Link is just too slow. Capcom frowned on sequence breaking and things that allowed it a lot more than Nintendo ever has.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Thadius posted:

I would just accept a remake with fewer loving explanation boxes.

'Wow, this looks really heavy! Why don't you equip something that lets you move heavy poo poo, dumbass? Or better yet, stop rubbing up against every rock.'
'You found a piece of power! For the tenth time in a row! Time to play the annoying music again!'
'You found a guardian acorn! You won't take damage for the next minute! But your tinnitus will live on forever...'

Or even "Seriously, why do you keep looking at people's dressers? You got some kind of fetish or something, you perv?" and then it never says it again.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Explopyro posted:

(Not that it matters really, there's not much use for rupees after you have the bow anyway.)

Normally, you would be correct. Except Link has a 300 Rupee purchase coming up in a few dungeons. And a 100 rupee expedition that should be done at least once, just to get rid of a huge honking group of blocked out map squares.

Jade Rider posted:

I'm pretty sure the original didn't have the part about the Pols Voice being "imprisoned".

Text Dump of the game posted:

First, defeat
the imprisoned
Pols Voice,
Last, Stalfos...
Nah, it did. But I was one of those nerds who also had played the previous three and remembered, too. I do agree though, that clue was just way too vague and counting way too much on repeat players to the series.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Silegna posted:

only up to the bananas is required for trading.

Although if you don't at least give poor Papahl some vittles so he can make it back from the mountain, drat you're heartless.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Commander Keene posted:

I forget, was Dumple Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword? I remember PizzaJoe being Majora's Mask (and later Wind Waker HD). I guess I need to go back and re-watch the old SHN LPs. Still waiting on TP HD, Thorn! :argh:

Hey Hey was Twilight Princess. So will we be getting BurgerJim for TP HD, Thorn? :question:

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

I don't think the Palace of Winds is an actual dungeon. I think it's a Wizard College, and that's why you have to face so many Whizrobes at once in that room early one. You just slaughtered an entire class, Thorn. :ohdear:

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

ikanreed posted:

Good, gently caress Hogwarts

I was thinking more along the lines of Unseen University, really.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

See ya later, Skips, it was a fun ride. Love how quickly you demolished that thing, Thorn, that poor boss didn't know what hit it.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Much as I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, I think this LP has really hit upon the biggest flaw it has. There's nothing truly memorable about it other than the repeated trips through the Temple of the Ocean King. It's a fun experience and then you just kind of forget about it until you play/watch it again. It isn't terrible, but it's still not nearly as good as any of the rest of the series (not including The Trilogy That Does Not Exist, of course.) At least Thorn and Yoshi are making it enjoyable, though. :)

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Is Majora's Mask 3D going to end up in this thread too, since it's a portable and is just different enough (okay it's a lot different) from the original to be a new experience?

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

*Link attacks an electrified Chu* Still haven't learned! xD

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Those eyeball monsters make me kind of think of the old Patras, from the very first game in the series.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That boss was one of the best things about this game, and I remember laughing almost maniacally when I fought it and just hammered it to pieces. It was an even better game of whack-a-mole than Volvagia.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Now I want to play this game just so I can spend all my time shooting at bunnies and trying to pick up the bodies to make an all new fur outfit for Toots.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Sunken Hyrule is now filled with... that. Okay then, good to know! D:

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Oh god, now Skippy's gone from the LP and from Youtube entirely now.

With rando jerkfaces from other continents trying to copyright strike him for simply playing a game for the internet, can't blame him. =\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

So long, Toots! It was fun riding the rails with you.