Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
Problem description:
Last night I pulled up a stream for the finals on aceplayer for the gf and after he game she just turned off the tv (I have hdmi running to the tv and DisplayPort running to the monitor). This morning I turned on the tv and was greeted by a rust brown screen, not responsive to any inputs. I restarted and now I have no display output from any of the outputs on the video card, nor from the hdmi output on the motherboard.

Attempted fixes:
Swapped all output from the tv and monitor
Changed hdmi and DisplayPort cords
Reset cmos

Recent changes: No recent changes

--

Operating system: windows 10 64 bit

System specs:
Custom build
Gigabyte ga 170-hd3p
Intel i5 6800
16 gb Corsair ram (don’t remember type)
GeForce gtx 1070
Evga 650p2 power supply

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Try removing the video card completely and using only one stick of RAM. See if the onboard video displays anything then.

• Locked thread