Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Here's my solution: A total ban on owning, buying, selling, manufacturing, and importing semi-automatic guns.

That's solves it. Gun owners can still buy all the guns they want, they can fill their houses with revolvers, that kind of rifle where you have to pull the thing back after each shot, shotguns, and black powder cannons. It also completely does away with the dumb and ineffective bans on purely aesthetic features, like folding stocks, pistol grips, My Little Pony stickers, etc. that gun owners love to dress up their guns with.

lol the school shooting today was done with a revolver and a shotgun moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

just ban murdering. boooom problem solved

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Clark2 posted:

just ban murdering. boooom problem solved

The weak and famished villagers from Bogtown , Kensington , England in 1250 hold up this man on their shoulders and cheer . "'E's a right proper smart " a man says , holding back tears as everybody can't believe that this wasn't a law until now .

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

EX250 Type R posted:

lol the school shooting today was done with a revolver and a shotgun moron

Probably why he only killed 10 people instead of 30.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

veiled boner fuel posted:

Probably why he only killed 10 people instead of 30.

It's about arms reduction.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010
Tax guns and bullets like 100%.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Every time there's a school shooting we get to grab one gun (from each gun owner). This will force the gun owners to police themselves and not allow themselves to keep doing school shootings.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

Giggy posted:

Tax guns and bullets like 100%.

Just treat guns like cars.

Each gun is tracked from construction to destruction, including who owns it, and every transfer of ownership is recorded by the state.

You need special training, and a license (pay each year) to own/operate a gun.

Each gun has to be insured for liability. If you can't get insurance for a gun you can't own/operate it.

Why should guns be treated differently from cars?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Because no one NEEDS a car you can take public transit or walk or get a bicycle but everyone needs a gun, it's in the constitution.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Just treat guns like cars.

Each gun is tracked from construction to destruction, including who owns it, and every transfer of ownership is recorded by the state.

You need special training, and a license (pay each year) to own/operate a gun.

Each gun has to be insured for liability. If you can't get insurance for a gun you can't own/operate it.

Why should guns be treated differently from cars?

Have you heard of a lil ole document called The Constitution? :smug:

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
None of this will ever be implemented because conservatives are staunchly against gun control.

high six
Feb 6, 2010

Amarcarts posted:

None of this will ever be implemented because conservatives are staunchly against gun control.

You don't have to be a conservative to be against gun control.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Guy Goodbody posted:

If some gun owner wants to illegally import a lovely gun and it misfires and blows up his hands, well, uh, that's actually a really good thing to happen to that hypothetical guy who I hate, imo.

Same but speeders getting iced, and drug users ODing.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blue Raider posted:

thats not what semi automatic means

These semantics are really important in trying to figure out why americans are way too dumb to be armed

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

high six posted:

You don't have to be a conservative to be against gun control.

No, just retarded. There’s some overlap

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

ditty bout my clitty posted:

These semantics are really important in trying to figure out why americans are way too dumb to be armed

Listening to anti-gun folks propose legislation is like listening to Donald Trump talk about "cyber." That's the level of understanding they exhibit.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SimonCat posted:

Listening to anti-gun folks propose legislation is like listening to Donald Trump talk about "cyber." That's the level of understanding they exhibit.

So what? You don't have to be an expert murderer to think murder should be against the law.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SimonCat posted:

You don’t need to know the muzzle velocity of a MA2A2 to understand why you redneck inbreds shouldn’t be allowed to own a gun that fires for every trigger pull

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

No one in the government wants gun control. If they did it would have been passed by now. Conservatives/liberals have nothing to do with it. No one wants it, so it's not going to get done. Same with universal health care, Fed guaranteed income, etc.

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

if op had a gun he wouldn’t have made that tldr post

client
Aug 19, 2010

criminalize having hands

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

client posted:

criminalize having hands

brb, inventing a gun you can fire with your dick

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
My solution to the gun problem: stop sending kids to school

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

No one in the government wants gun control. If they did it would have been passed by now. Conservatives/liberals have nothing to do with it. No one wants it, so it's not going to get done. Same with universal health care, Fed guaranteed income, etc.

do not worry constituent, we will pass a Statement of Solidarity

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have a solution. Ban all guns, sell bear arms. Like furry sleeves you can hang around your neck on a chain and wear on your arms with hands that have giant steel claws. There. You still adhere with the second amendment and no guns.

Gun supporters can't sacrifice wanting to sleep with and use their guns as dildos enough over listening to their kids and fellow American who are literally begging not to be killed enmasse. The rest of the modern world has strict laws, less problems, but certain Americans just can't be brought to it because of the fetish-ization of violence and guns through American history and media portraying the cowboy hero. Instead, there are those who suggest the solution is to sell more guns, so the gun industry makes profit over the death of kids, arms inexperienced teachers, turns schools and America militant warzones, etc. Just so some bumfuck in the middle of nowhere America can french kiss his AR-15 and shoot animals to cum. That's what it boils down to.

Like not even what the OP proposes is a compromise worthy enough for them. If he's white, he's mentally ill. If he's colored, it's terrorism.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Halser posted:

yeah I mean if something is illegal that means nobody is ever going to attempt to do it that's how laws work
better not make any laws ever in case anyone breaks one :ohdear:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can't just ban lawn darts. tons of people already have them and people will just find ways to get them anyway

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

ditty bout my clitty posted:

You don’t need to know the muzzle velocity of a MA2A2 to understand why you redneck inbreds shouldn’t be allowed to own a gun that fires for every trigger pull

Every gun fires for every trigger pull it it's loaded.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SimonCat posted:

Every gun fires for every trigger pull it it's loaded.
That is incorrect.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
My proposal is death to America.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Dolphin posted:

That is incorrect.

Well, it has to be cocked and the safety has to be off. Maybe he has a thing against Glocks?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

SimonCat posted:

Pro-gun people use hair-splitting about pistol grips and magazine sizes as a way to avoid examining the implications of their hobby in good faith, "understanding" is just a smoke screen to make the laws weaker or just not have them to begin with. Frankly they should stop listening to the gun enthusiast "experts" and spend more time listening to emergency room doctors, if anything.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SimonCat posted:

Well, it has to be cocked and the safety has to be off. Maybe he has a thing against Glocks?

Everyone should, Glocks are garbage for retards

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I have a better idea.

Lets start by disarming all cops and see how that goes.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

StandardVC10 posted:

Pro-gun people use hair-splitting about pistol grips and magazine sizes as a way to avoid examining the implications of their hobby in good faith, "understanding" is just a smoke screen to make the laws weaker or just not have them to begin with. Frankly they should stop listening to the gun enthusiast "experts" and spend more time listening to emergency room doctors, if anything.

while people being pendants about magazines/clips is always unhelpful, I don't know that anything has ever been less persuasive than an insistence that someone focus more on the moral failings you're attributing to them and less on how they and their ideological allies routinely demonstrate profound ignorance

you need more than moral outrage to craft effective public policy, and something like the 90's AWB wasn't demonstrably completely ineffective garbage because of those dastardly gun rights advocates and their insistence on people "understanding" something

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if every human died the next civilization would consist entirely of sentient guns so technically gun crimes would continue

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even if every human died the next civilization would consist entirely of sentient guns so technically gun crimes would continue

its the circle of life

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Everyone should, Glocks guns are garbage for retards

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Wait until America grows up and then give them the guns. It's all about trust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

OK, so you might've heard that a lot of children are being murdered all the time in America.

What? How many per capita is that and why is this something anyone should care about?

• Locked thread