Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I thought our defence was better than our attack, but the French attack wasn't that hot either. Should have been a draw IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Also, just in case you didn't hear:

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/sbs-to-broadcast-all-world-cup-action-live-over-the-next-48-hours

because Optus failed.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

algebra testes posted:

This literally was posted three posts above but who cares this owns so hard I approve the repost.

Whoops sorry. At least I backed it up with a link :v:

quote:

gently caress I'm so hype for this just like old times. Are any of y'all old enough to remember Korea/Japan? That poo poo made me a football fan for life with it being in our time zone.

That was a good one, it was mad. The first WC I paid serious attention to was 1998, and everyone was surprised and shocked by France who just seemed invincible that year. I think it was 2010 when they put up a screen at Birraung Marr, a park in central Melbourne, and I went down with a friend and froze our butts off with a large crowd of fellow aussies.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Welp we are still crap at football.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

We made a lot of attempts at goal, didn't score anything and got a bunch of yellow cards even with Cahill coming on, so I'm leaning towards earlier Socceroos than later. It's like we're repeating ourselves. It doesn't matter if the style of play is great if there are no goals out of it.

• Locked thread